The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The drake effect brought a lot of attention here but Toronto is and and the people who move here are boring.

Yes the city is in decline. The people who made the city pop and gave Toronto an identity can't afford to live here. This city will become soulless in record time.

whats also worse anywhere under 2.5 hrs in toronto rent is sky high. Even a few years ago you'd turn your nose down at hamilton and kitchener now even those places are like 2 grand for a 1bdrm

I remember just in 2017 when I was helping my ex find an apartment and a brand new condo 1bdrm beside yorkdale was 1,300 :heh: and that ish was considered a bit pricy back

6 years later that ish would be 2,300

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You want to know how bad it is?

Nurses now start at like 37 and max out at like 50 a hour

And yet still
hospitals in the gta are working with a housing developer to discuss affordable/attainable housing for nurses

If i'm a nurse and can make the same money anywhere in canada why would I want to struggle to live in the gta or vancouver?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

That’s what happened the first time with harper and it led to where the city is now.

North American prisons are big business….
It’s not rehabilitation or correction.

They don't need to be rehabilitated, just kept away from society.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Naw F that these are the results of slavery and Colonization… so society as whole has to suffer the consequences.

:yeshrug:
I think the slap on the wrist these guys get influences these crimes. Plus, you have guys like Top Five making a mockery of our justice system. I understand the point of the prison system is for rehabilitation, but I feel not being tough on crime makes these guys act out. I don't have the statistics, but it seems illegal possession of firearms gets you a slap on the wrist. I think if we start going hard on stuff like that then it might make these guys have second thoughts about throwing their lives away.

I could be wrong, but I feel if we go harder on these crimes then it will make these guys have second thoughts. The revolving door system makes these guys think there's not much to lose since they'll be out very soon

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think the slap on the wrist these guys get influences these crimes. Plus, you have guys like Top Five making a mockery of our justice system. I understand the point of the prison system is for rehabilitation, but I feel not being tough on crime makes these guys act out. I don't have the statistics, but it seems illegal possession of firearms gets you a slap on the wrist. I think if we start going hard on stuff like that then it might make these guys have second thoughts about throwing their lives away.

I could be wrong, but I feel if we go harder on these crimes then it will make these guys have second thoughts. The revolving door system makes these guys think there's not much to lose since they'll be out very soon

Look at Dubai and Saudi Arabia , Singapore etc crime is low there because folks know if you mess up the punishment is going to be severe

Mostly everyone who committed a murder in the 90s is out

Canada is lax as hell

Guarantee these three dudes wanted all had criminal records or were out on bail

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps

They tried this already it didn’t work… they locked the Og’s up during Harper’s era and it left the the Y.O’s on the block with no structure or guidance…. and now we’re at this cycle.

You can’t commit crimes, rape, colonize, enslave rule a nation and be like “no we should be a civilized nation with rules now so there’s order in the public”…. We all ain’t playing by the same rules or accepting BS.

There are consequences to everything don’t matter if it’s 2 years a go or 1000 years ago. If you don’t address the root of these problems it will keep growing.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They tried this already it didn’t work… they locked the Og’s up during Harper’s era and it left the the Y.O’s on the block with no structure or guidance…. and now we’re at this cycle.

You can’t commit crimes, rape, colonize, enslave rule a nation and be like “no we should be a civilized nation with rules now so there’s order in the public”…. We all ain’t playing by the same rules or accepting BS.

There are consequences to everything don’t matter if it’s 2 years a go or 1000 years ago. If you don’t address the root of these problems it will keep growing.

True but I feel like some use that as a crutch. There are many factors at play but this shyt is ridiculous.