The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I saw this guy at Main station the day they put this info out. He had a Joker face mask on and backpack. Sketched out AF.
the level of chaos on TTC now is crazy. a homeless dude tried to beef with me on my way to work a few weeks ago. started saying the wildest shyt like we knew each other and I had fukked his girl ( he seemed to have a general problem with Black people, he turned on a Black woman after me) had to stay and report the incident took 40 mins out of my morning. can't even take the train in peace anymore. between the people and the delays which i guess is one in the same. always someone on the tracks or injured on the tracks literally every day. If i use the subway 5 days a week there's delays 4 days a week. that's not normal.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
the level of chaos on TTC now is crazy. a homeless dude tried to beef with me on my way to work a few weeks ago. started saying the wildest shyt like we knew each other and I had fukked his girl ( he seemed to have a general problem with Black people, he turned on a Black woman after me) had to stay and report the incident took 40 mins out of my morning. can't even take the train in peace anymore. between the people and the delays which i guess is one in the same. always someone on the tracks or injured on the tracks literally every day. If i use the subway 5 days a week there's delays 4 days a week. that's not normal.

I feel like there’s been a mass agreement by homeless people in Toronto to disrupt mass transit - maybe due to City Council’s tearing down of tent settlements, lack of housing shelter support etc

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
pretty sure part of the problem is suicide attempts. In 2020 they increased even more- Suicides up sharply on Toronto subway during pandemic

gotta also remember that this city grew pretty fast in the past few years so its even more congested and even more incidents (plus people are a bit more miserable cause a banana costs $12)

couple weeks ago i got stuck when the line 2 got completely shut down and was sardine'd on a bus from yorkville. I barely even take TTC nowadays and even when i do something fukks up or a bum is yelling/fighting every time:why:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paywall

Not surprised....4-5 years ago, everyone was Variable this, variable that. Rates can't go up :blessed:

Now :ufdup:

I locked in way back 2.34 until Oct 2024
Hopefully we see some downward pressure on rates by then

All mortgages in Canada are basically variables. It was good to lock in but when your term is up, time to deal with currrent rates.