The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
met him when I was like 10 thru my moms

dopest dude ever, I even still kinda look up to him tbh. I still even have his book from Dalton Higgins

Didn't know Dalton wrote that. Im FB friends with Dalton. Crossed pathsba bunch of times. I was DJ'ing at Velvet Underground like 10 years ago and the owner told me to come by for a book release party about Drake. Went and Dalton wrote the book. My guy Chris Jackson was hosting the party and it turned into his #BigTicket parties. Long story short, Chris is my guy and hooked me up with my current job at CBC. The urban industry is smaller then people think. It's really 3 degrees of separation out here.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Canadian culture was way more interesting 20-30 years ago.

Globalization and social media has homogenized everything unique. A small pity.

yup even though toronto is a big city, 20 plus years ago it felt small. I remember being on like blackplanet, myspace, meetmeinto, tdotwire :heh:, and it just felt like a small community. Oh you go to that hs school do you know insert etc.

Going to the mall on fridays and saturdays to chop gyal dem and you'd always see someone you'd know

Talking to girls online and meeting up not even knowing what they looked like they sounded alright on the phone well lets do it :heh:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
My guys brand 100 Miles has been around since the days of Above The Rim. His shops 1 year anniversary is coming up. We actually went to the same H.S. but he was a few years ahead of me. From Malvern to Manhattan baby...

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Didn't know Dalton wrote that. Im FB friends with Dalton. Crossed pathsba bunch of times. I was DJ'ing at Velvet Underground like 10 years ago and the owner told me to come by for a book release party about Drake. Went and Dalton wrote the book. My guy Chris Jackson was hosting the party and it turned into his #BigTicket parties. Long story short, Chris is my guy and hooked me up with my current job at CBC. The urban industry is smaller then people think. It's really 3 degrees of separation out here.
lol yuuuup. I noticed when I used to intern at 299 queen west years ago

The separation is crazy lol. I met Dalton briefly a couple summers ago and networked but nun really came out of it. Cool dude tho