The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Globe and Mail got access to CSIS documents showing Chinese interference in the 2021 federal election. They were pushing for a Liberal minority. We paid a lot of attention to America and Russia and election interference. I wonder if we will pay attention to this?

Not even bothered given Western electoral interference around the world.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It's crazy when I see people say they want to visit here over other cities. I am unsure if it's the Drake effect, but there's really not much to do compared to other major cities. Also, I don't think we'll improve as a destination due to the people in charge. I still don't understand how politicians don't go for an easy layup of making Toronto and other parts of the province a better destination.

Drake effect isnt strong anymore 2013-2018 i bedded many american woman thru Caribana that turned into year round fukkery,thats how strong the OVO effect was,but its not like that anymore....Those were some fun times but they over now.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
It's crazy when I see people say they want to visit here over other cities. I am unsure if it's the Drake effect, but there's really not much to do compared to other major cities. Also, I don't think we'll improve as a destination due to the people in charge. I still don't understand how politicians don't go for an easy layup of making Toronto and other parts of the province a better destination.
I mean Toronto is the most famous city in Canada by far. When most non-Canadians think of Canada, they usually immediately think of Toronto.

That's one of the reasons why many Canadians not from Toronto hate Toronto.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I could easily tell people that.

There really isn't that MUCH to do in toronto in terms of tourism. Cn tower, ripley's, rom, casa loma , a couple neighborhoods and hotel prices are absurd
YAWN

I went to NYC last summer and there was so much to do. Central Park where you could spend a whole day in, WTC, Yankee stadium, Madison Square Garden, times square, statue of liberty, brooklyn bridge, empire state building, radio city music hall, madame toussards, wall street , broadway and I could go on and on

London my fav city buckingham palace, westminster abbey, parliament, big ben, thames rivers, london bridge, harrods, football stadiums, westfields, brixton, london eye, museums (all are free), tower of london, the shard, kensington palace, war musems, olympic parks 40 min train ride to windsor castle, 1 hour train ride to oxford
my London fam wanted to swing by this summer they’re already going to NY I was like I’ll meet you THERE don’t come here
As a New Yorker, I enjoyed my time in Toronto last year and want to visit again. But I think that you're right. There's not all that much to do (especially compared to NYC).

I want to visit other parts of Canada too. Montreal, BC (Vancouver & Whistler), Alberta (Calgary & Banff).

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As a New Yorker, I enjoyed my time in Toronto last year and want to visit again. But I think that you're right. There's not all that much to do (especially compared to NYC).

I want to visit other parts of Canada too. Montreal, BC (Vancouver & Whistler), Alberta (Calgary & Banff).

The only thing I hate about nyc are the hotel prices and hotel tax but beside that :blessed:

Montreal is dope especially in the summer. Vancouver is always dope

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The only thing I hate about nyc are the hotel prices and hotel tax but beside that :blessed:

Montreal is dope especially in the summer. Vancouver is always dope

Ive been going to NYC for 20 years to see my family in Corona...theres nothing interesting about NYC to me.The tourist stuff is boring.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at Canada’s interference with Haiti since they helped oust Aristide, for instance. Or Canada’s actions in Venezuela.

Good examples. I'm not okay with either of those things. I think it's a shame that more Canadians don't know about them. Or the actions of our banks in the Caribbean or our mining companies basically everywhere.

But that doesn't mean I'm just going to ignore China manipulating our democracy.