The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
It's self explanatory breh.

People know exactly what they should have done and what they need to do next.

Can you expand on that?

My thinking is that COVID is here to stay. Get a shot every year, like the flu, to keep your immune system sharp. Mask up on public transit and other enclosed spaces with poor ventilation.

What do you think?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, that's not what's happening. Couple things:

1. Private businesses already deliver healthcare in Ontario. Most doctors offices are private businesses. Most testing labs are private businesses
2. Those private businesses bill OHIP directly for healthcare they deliver. You show your health card, OHIP gets the bill
3. The new rules are allowing private businesses to deliver certain surgical procedures that previously were only available in a hospital.
4. It will work exactly like it does with a doctor's office, you show your card, you get your surgery, OHIP gets the bill

There are some potential problems with this, but it doesn't help to pretend this is a grand departure into privatized healthcare.
it's the start. you are failing to account for the for profit aspect of the business and how private business can pull and offer more which was a problem always because we lost a lot of nurses and doctors to the states. now we have a shortage and a new option for medical staff to gain higher outside the public system from the same man who froze their wages. the public hospitals will experience some level of staff lose to the lure of higher pay and it will also spur the growth of more private options. There's nothing effective I've seen to keep this from happening. they initially talk about limiting it to the pre existing private facilities but we will see. this could be a turning point for ontario because well. capitalism is undefeated.

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone here or know people looking for cheap places to stay at?

The city is making these developers build a small amount of units in new condos to be affordable and they're doing a lottery for them.

Here's one by Kipling station.
2 and 3 bedrooms going for $1,703 and $1,961

Another one by Bathurst and Bloor.
Studio$1,004
1 Bed$1,185
2 Bed$1,396
3 Bed$1,608

These places have income requirements that are different depending on the location and size.

The city will keep adding new builds to this site

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anyone here or know people looking for cheap places to stay at?

The city is making these developers build a small amount of units in new condos to be affordable and they're doing a lottery for them.

Here's one by Kipling station.
2 and 3 bedrooms going for $1,703 and $1,961

Another one by Bathurst and Bloor.
Studio$1,004
1 Bed$1,185
2 Bed$1,396
3 Bed$1,608

These places have income requirements that are different depending on the location and size.

The city will keep adding new builds to this site

wait list prob
jafar-to-do-list.gif

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
New York City Health officials now are saying Omicron Subvariant Is more Likely to “Infect” Vaccinated People.

these dumb nikkas are gonna learn the hard way, and i'm all for it :banderas:
it's not like we didn't make the attempt to warn them:yeshrug:

death.png

death2.png

leave them be, they know better :mjlol:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
these dumb nikkas are gonna learn the hard way, and i'm all for it :banderas:
it's not like we didn't make the attempt to warn them:yeshrug:

death.png

death2.png

leave them be, they know better :mjlol:

We have been warning them from day 1.

There are those that took the mrna injections because their livelihood was on the line, I don't blame them, I feel for them.

But I really come for those annoying fucs that were pushing this mrna experimental shots onto people to be evil.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:mjcry:
:mjgrin:
:mjlol:

We have been warning them from day 1.

There are those that took the mrna injections because their livelihood was on the line, I don't blame them, I feel for them.

But I really come for those annoying fucs that were pushing this mrna experimental shots onto people to be evil.