The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Lots of memories flooding back.

I remember Conservative Party supporters/colleagues who worked on the Hill during the Harper era volunteering for Republican Party campaigns down in the States. Mimicking the rhetoric of the Republican Party in the Obama years, but moderating their language in Canadian polite company. Canadian Conservatives really look up to the US Republican Party. Hence, Poilievre's politics now - irresponsibly feeding off misinformed voters.

The Dippers I knew were nice people. A little smug and annoying about it too. Sanctimonious at times. All were freaks. No clue about how to gain or wield power in Canada, unlike the Liberals and Conservatives.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Cool. Is this anti-Trudeau sentiment or just general anti-Liberals sentiment?

If I lived in Canada, I would be a Liberal voter and maybe an NDP voter in certain elections. I don't rock with any conservative or right-wing political parties :manny:

That funny because the Canadian conservatives are closer to American Liberals than Conservatives.

This once was and I would argue still is the consensus in most Canadian PoliSci programs

The whole American system is farter on the right side of the spectrum than most Americans realize.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
he'll do the 20+ years in the U.S & then get deported, pretty much the same situation as Slick Rick....
Yikes, what a fool to do all of this. The whole thing kinda surreal to me because we went to the same high school and never thought he would be going down this path. I didn't know him that well since 2 grades older, but knew his cousin.