The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why do Black conservatives have such a hard time detecting racial bias in communications? he can be whatever he want but he can't be self respecting while echoing racist crakkkas. it's takes 2 seconds to read some shyt like that and see what the underlying message is. minorities = bad

like why can't Black conservatives detect that? is the overall need to be aligned with some partisan values superseding reason? :dahell:

Just because we share the same opinions on the experimental mrna vaccines with those guys doesn't mean we agree with them on other matters.

People with your mentality promote group-think. You believe all Black's should vote a certain way and never have the same opinion with those other guy's.

We are all individuals here, and we question things through without following like a sheep.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just because we share the same opinions on the experimental mrna vaccines with those guys doesn't mean we agree with them on other matters.

People with your mentality promote group-think. You believe all Black's should vote a certain way and never have the same opinion with those other guy's.

We are all individuals here, and we question things through without following like a sheep.
i don't have a particular mental brother. i don't believe blacks should vote a certain way, i reason shyt out. if you have debates about politics participate in those debates in those threads where we discuss politics. there is no blind allegiance, there is logic. nothing you are saying explains why commentary such as that anti minority shyt sneaks its way on here with people who align themselves with conservatism. i'm challenging you to vet your sources better NOT think like me. shyt isn't complicated b

you don't question things you echo group think which is ironic given your words. so you just happen to be conservative and anti vax?

cmon-son.gif

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Never said I like them.

I have conservative values

I'm against abortion and gay marriage
I'm for traditional nuclear family as the norm
low tolerance of crime, and for harsher punishments
conservative on government spending
So you usually vote for the Conservative Party in elections? Or do you not vote?

Also, I disagree with some of your stances but whatever.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So you usually vote for the Conservative Party in elections? Or do you not vote?

Also, I disagree with some of your stances but whatever.

Canada system isn't like the states. We have 4 main parties - liberal, pc, ndp, bloc

If you live in a liberal stronghold your vote doesn't matter its not like we go to the ballot and vote for justin trudeau you vote for your candidate in the area.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I've always wanted to visit Montreal (and Quebec City).

Based on pictures, the small towns & rural areas of Quebec remind me of small town & rural New England except French-speaking. I can't speak any French though (outside of some basic words/phrases).

Is the racism that bad?

Yeah, outside of Montreal and Quebec City, most of Quebec looks like Vermont or New Hampshire.

The racism is pretty bad by Canadian standards. Got pulled over by a cop in Quebec City for no reason and he was irritated that I had an "anglo accent" when speaking French. Montreal cops are on some bullshyt too, especially if you're a black man driving a nice car. Outside of the cops, most people in Montreal are cool, but the East End and the eastern suburbs have a racist vibe, those are the areas that heavily support Quebec sovereignty. People that side of the city will give you hella attitude for speaking English as well.

Quebecers have this irrational fear that their culture and identity is under attack by immigrants and the English language. Back in 1995, when the separatists lost the referendum on Quebec sovereignty, then premier Jacques Parizeau blamed it on money and the "ethnic vote". Current premier Francois Legault won the last election by fear mongering about immigration and the use of French supposedly declining. :beli:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Canada system isn't like the states. We have 4 main parties - liberal, pc, ndp, bloc

If you live in a liberal stronghold your vote doesn't matter its not like we go to the ballot and vote for justin trudeau you vote for your candidate in the area.
I know that Canada's political system isn't like the US. I'm fairly knowledgeable about Canadian politics (at least for an American).

I asked are you a Conservative voter or do you not vote? I think that's a fairly simple question.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know that Canada's political system isn't like the US. I'm fairly knowledgeable about Canadian politics (at least for an American).

I asked are you a Conservative voter or do you not vote? I think that's a fairly simple question.

Yes I voted PC last election, I've also voted NDP

Would never vote liberal

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yeah, outside of Montreal and Quebec City, most of Quebec looks like Vermont or New Hampshire.

The racism is pretty bad by Canadian standards. Got pulled over by a cop in Quebec City for no reason and he was irritated that I had an "anglo accent" when speaking French. Montreal cops are on some bullshyt too, especially if you're a black man driving a nice car. Outside of the cops, most people in Montreal are cool, but the East End and the eastern suburbs have a racist vibe, those are the areas that heavily support Quebec sovereignty. People that side of the city will give you hella attitude for speaking English as well.

Quebecers have this irrational fear that their culture and identity is under attack by immigrants and the English language. Back in 1995, when the separatists lost the referendum on Quebec sovereignty, then premier Jacques Parizeau blamed it on money and the "ethnic vote". Current premier Francois Legault won the last election by fear mongering about immigration and the use of French supposedly declining. :beli:
Thanks breh! :salute:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yes I voted PC last election, I've also voted NDP

Would never vote liberal
Cool. Is this anti-Trudeau sentiment or just general anti-Liberals sentiment?

If I lived in Canada, I would be a Liberal voter and maybe an NDP voter in certain elections. I don't rock with any conservative or right-wing political parties :manny:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Cool. Is this anti-Trudeau sentiment or just general anti-Liberals sentiment?

If I lived in Canada, I would be a Liberal voter and maybe an NDP voter in certain elections. I don't rock with any conservative or right-wing political parties :manny:

Canada's political parties generally don't reflect my own politics, but I don't vote Liberal federally or provincially. Very disappointing leadership. Numerous scandals. And the entitlement.

I knew a lot of young Liberals, Conservatives, NDPers when I was in undergrad. I remember asking a Liberal friend of mine, "What do you really believe in? He struggled to answer but the generally summary I got from him was, "Power."