The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also this:

"If you've got a mortgage or if you're considering making a major purchase, or you're a business and you're considering making an investment, you can be confident rates will be low for a long time," Macklem said at a 2020 news conference while announcing rates would remain unchanged at 0.25 per cent.

source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/economy-inflation-column-don-pittis-1.6671963#:~:text="If you've got a,unchanged at 0.25 per cent.
Yea, BoC fukked people so hard I wonder if it was by design. I expected rates to go up, but this whole thing is fukked up. Since we're the US's lapdog BoC has to follow the Fed and the Fed fukked up themselves. Their housing market isn't as bad though and food prices not nearly as bad as here. Canada getting exposed something serious. Like father like son, but at least Sr did more for the country than his idiot "the budget will balance itself" son.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
That's one of the major reasons why I'm apprehensive. But things can't continue with Lib government. We have a part time finance minister who has a journalism background. WTF? On top of that she told people to cut Disney+ while suffering economic hardship of doubling mortgages, high rents and dky high grocery costs made worse by her and JT.

Highly insensitive

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
I'm always confused about where does Scarborough start? Victoria Park?

Us downtown people need to know this.

That's like saying Flemo (Don Mills and Eglinton) that sits on the DVP is part of Scarborough?

I don't consider Flemo Scarborough at all.
East side of Victoria Park is Scarborough
Flemo never gets confused for Scarborough, ever
All love though

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They were calling unvaccinated nurses "danger to health and safety" and now Ontario wants to hire them back?

These hospitals are looking real pathetic @MikelArteta

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They were calling unvaccinated nurses "danger to health and safety" and now Ontario wants to hire them back?

These hospitals are looking real pathetic @MikelArteta

I mentioned this months ago in this thread that it was being discussed

etw.png

the caveat though is if hospitals bring back unvaccinated employees because many were unionized they would have to pay up for time on leave, severance etc.

but most hospitals have set money aside for this day

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People don't really know how bad it is. I work for one of the biggest hospital networks in the city, and you can post a job for a full time nurse and only get like 3 applicants in a month.:picard:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
People don't really know how bad it is. I work for one of the biggest hospital networks in the city, and you can post a job for a full time nurse and only get like 3 applicants in a month.:picard:

I mean, they are still getting applications. They can hire from those 3 people.