The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A new immigrant coming here I actually feel sorry for them.

1. No one cares about your credentials so you end up working a crappy job like the innocent girl killed at a gas station
2. You pay a arm and a leg for school unless you are a pr or citizen
3. Used cars go for the same price as new cars and car insurance is probably highest in the world
4. God forbid you get sick as healthcare is in shambles
5. A 1bdrm in a garbage area filled with mouse and roaches will still set you ack like 1,700 and even then they will be bids and sometimes you gotta pay 6 months up front even if its illegal
6. Most jobs pay peanuts and haven't stayed up with inflation etc.
7. Buying a house will cost you over a mill and even with a downpayment of 100k you'll still be stuck with a million dollar mortgage and the high interest rates will lead you to potters grave.
8. Cell phone bills highest in the world.

Quebec has low cell phone rates, and better housing opportunities, but they need more jobs. I think you can do better if you avoid GTA, and research where the most doctors live lol. I dont know why some immigrants would leave New Brunswick for GTA, I think some in their communities give them bad advice just becaue they think that's where everybody is. Everybody is in a spot where eveerybody is suffring. The ones who stay in Winnepeg or praries, or Alberta do way better as far as financials and quality of life.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Quebec has low cell phone rates, and better housing opportunities, but they need more jobs. I think you can do better if you avoid GTA, and research where the most doctors live lol. I dont know why some immigrants would leave New Brunswick for GTA, I think some in their communities give them bad advice just becaue they think that's where everybody is. Everybody is in a spot where eveerybody is suffring. The ones who stay in Winnepeg or praries, or Alberta do way better as far as financials and quality of life.
I feel the issue with Quebec is the culture is much different than Ontario. Plus, you better be somewhat decent at speaking French if you want to have a career there. I feel with Canada what makes harder to migrate to other provinces is the harsh winters because I don't think people want to deal with harsh winters of other provinces

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government are failing Canadians.

Political ambivalence is the cause of it, in part. Ironically, governmental policies disinterest people from voting.

I think we need to have an adult conversation about taxes (all three levels) in this country. Our high taxes are only tolerable if that "best healthcare, best schools, safest country, most opportunity" shyt is actually true and it clearly isn't and hasn't been for some time.

I guess, my question is pretty simple: where does all the fukking money go?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Immigrants move to places for two reasons: community and opportunity. If you moved to Korea and there was a variety of industry and a large Canadian community in Seoul, but none of that anywhere else, you would move to Seoul even if the cost of living is ridiculous.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I feel the issue with Quebec is the culture is much different than Ontario. Plus, you better be somewhat decent at speaking French if you want to have a career there. I feel with Canada what makes harder to migrate to other provinces is the harsh winters because I don't think people want to deal with harsh winters of other provinces
Quebec culture is absolutely horrendous. French Canadians are some of the most racist people have faced in Canada.

I would never recommend anyone to move to Quebec.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Quebec culture is absolutely horrendous. French Canadians are some of the most racist people have faced in Canada.

I would never recommend anyone to move to Quebec.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know it's nice to visit Montreal every now and then, but I've heard many horror stories there, especially for black people.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps