The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
at some point you gotta question liberals on what they can actually accomplish

a lot of their priorities seem like they dont even care about making any kind of incremental change to economics of this city, which mainly are gas, food and rent/mortgages

I mean, what change are you truly gonna bring to a city, if youre not prioritizing economics and focusing on social issues?

I honestly think things will go left unchecked and the city will become even more expensive as the years come if we keep demonizing one specific political party :manny:
I was talking about in national/federal Canadian elections.

Also, isn't the current mayor of Toronto (John Tory) a Conservative?

Regardless, like I said, I would never vote for a conservative :yeshrug:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Meh. Show me regional polling. If the Tories are polling 3-4 per cent higher in Ontario and the Liberals are no longer in the lead in Quebec, then I'd say Polievre could form a minority gov't.

Not seeing the numbers needed by the Tories to form gov't.

Everyone needs a reminder of the national vote percentage shares from the last election and how inefficient the Conservative vote is:
2021 Canadian federal election - Wikipedia

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
A very poor attempt to bring Fox News style rhetoric to Canada.

You see how politically/socially dysfunctional America is. You want that here?
It seems to me like Canada already is that way. Although not as severe....yet.

The trucker protest was wild. Also, Canadian & American conservative voters seem to mainly care about "triggering the libs" and "F*ck Trudeau/Biden".

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It seems to me like Canada already is that way. Although not as severe....yet.

The trucker protest was wild. Also, Canadian & American conservative voters seem to mainly care about "triggering the libs" and "F*ck Trudeau/Biden".

Yes. I don't think anti-Trudeau supporters here understand that they're riding the tiger and are allying white supremacist.

Trudeau is racist but he didn't not openly pledge support to a group of white supremacists, as Poilievre did earlier this year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-covid-vaccines-ottawa-black-parliamentary-1.6338720

Some trucker convoy organizers have history of white nationalism, racism - National | Globalnews.ca

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's really interesting. The government (federal/provincial) asked Canadians to protect themselves and each other by taking a vaccine, and implemented laws/regulations to prevent mass death like what we saw in the US and Britain. Mostly white Canadians freaked out.

Their forebears during the World Wars had far worse restrictions to defeat a far more distant enemy.

I think if our society faced an existential threat, we're too selfish and privileged to band together for the common good.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I was talking about in national/federal Canadian elections.

Also, isn't the current mayor of Toronto (John Tory) a Conservative?

Regardless, like I said, I would never vote for a conservative :yeshrug:
I totally understand tho

steven harper wanted to put nikkas away for life for a petty crime and introduce fukkin carding :hhh:

I just dont see how we progress in liberal govvy when dem nikkas top demands are to make kids learn about sexual spectrum or making sure everyone has 17 vaccinations

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I totally understand tho

steven harper wanted to put nikkas away for life for a petty crime and introduce fukkin carding :hhh:

I just dont see how we progress in liberal govvy when dem nikkas top demands are to make kids learn about sexual spectrum or making sure everyone has 17 vaccinations

Be serious.

At the top of the Liberal agenda right now, due to their agreement with the NDP, is free dental care coverage for families making under $80K a year.

Federal Liberals don’t even control education.