The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
make it free for everybody :manny:

there is such high correlation between bad teeth and bad health.

Will prob save OHIP mad money in the long run.

I remember when I had no dental and needed my wisdom teeth to come out and it would have been like 3 grand. I kept on going to the drs for pain meds until I finally got benefits to have em taken out.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

YUP and bad teeth can also link to brain health

I never knew the correlation since 2 years ago and im sure theres tons who dont even know that

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
make it free for everybody :manny:

Liberals are stingy. It should be universal.

They say they want to do it in stages but knowing them, they’ll probably keep it means tested.

Programs are more likely to survive if they’re universal. Maybe this is appeasement for the Canadian insurance industry.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
YUP and bad teeth can also link to brain health

I never knew the correlation since 2 years ago and im sure theres tons who dont even know that

Yup and clogged arteries etc. If your teeth falls out how you going to chew solid foods.

They should just follow the NHS formula

Dental treatment that is medically necessary to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy and pain-free is available on the NHS, but most adults have to pay a contribution towards their care

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yup and clogged arteries etc. If your teeth falls out how you going to chew solid foods.

They should just follow the NHS formula

Dental treatment that is medically necessary to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy and pain-free is available on the NHS, but most adults have to pay a contribution towards their care

I’m fine with an affordable co-pay for routine check ups, actually.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Liberals are stingy. It should be universal.

They say they want to do it in stages but knowing them, they’ll probably keep it means tested.

Programs are more likely to survive if they’re universal. Maybe this is appeasement for the Canadian insurance industry.
Companies pay for premiums from insurance companies and making dental free would get rid of these companies to sell these kinda of claims and services

But yeah Liberals are stingy as shyt cause anything health related should be universal. Segmenting access to health based on income is nasty business anyway you wanna look at it

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They’re gonna do this for pharmacare too
:snoop:

why the :snoop: for?

To me eye exams, dental treatments and medication should be covered.

I'm not saying the best of the best but just like ohip is free fr a ward room but semi private costs money, the basic dental and medication should be covered.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Read up on IFH - refugees get free dental , healthcare and medication

I remember when I worked in finance at a hospital this guy on dialysis would come into the hospital 3 days a week for dialiysis and the hospital would then bill ifh aka the government 700 a visit.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Companies pay for premiums from insurance companies and making dental free would get rid of these companies to sell these kinda of claims and services

But yeah Liberals are stingy as shyt cause anything health related should be universal. Segmenting access to health based on income is nasty business anyway you wanna look at it
that would mean Canada is stingy not the liberals. we don't have one party...

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
why the :snoop: for?

To me eye exams, dental treatments and medication should be covered.

I'm not saying the best of the best but just like ohip is free fr a ward room but semi private costs money, the basic dental and medication should be covered.

I don’t like the means-tested nature of it. Pharmacare should be universal.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

I remember when I had no dental and needed my wisdom teeth to come out and it would have been like 3 grand. I kept on going to the drs for pain meds until I finally got benefits to have em taken out.
Thats literally what I did :russ:

think I went thru a bottle of extra strenght advil in 2 days