that don't make sense. nobody is going to keep re-upping on stickers and shyt

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1902270531741

‘Humiliated, dehumanized’: Calgary victim of racial slur, spitting attack shares trauma

The simple act of going to the grocery store near her home alone is something Calgary woman Tianna Hay is now too afraid to do, after she was spit on and called a racial slur by a stranger outside a Dollarama in the northeast.

70c8fc80

The incident happened back in February, but Hay shared through tears on Thursday how the racist attack has impacted her life in ways she didn’t know were possible, including making her feel paranoid and anxious in her daily life.

“An unmasked stranger, who felt that my blackness was a menace to his presence, thought it’d be OK to assault me. He locked eyes with me, approached me and spat in my face and body. Shortly after shouting: ‘You N-word.’”

Hay said the stranger then repeated himself: “Yeah, I called you an effing N-word.”

The 22-year-old Jamaican-Canadian said she can’t escape the memory of his voice and the image of his face.

“That racial slur is not something that I savour or retain in my vocabulary. It carries centuries of anguish and hostility towards people that came before me and who look just like me.”

Police are investigating the incident, which happened at the Dollarama in the 5400 block of Temple Drive Northeast at around 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 11, and hoping to identify the man believed to be involved.

Hay was approaching the entrance of the store and was about to walk inside, but police said she paused when she noticed there was a man exiting, which is when he yelled and spat at her.

Cacs always attack black women and kids

Daps
so people that are 25? My question would be why do they need to buy a house now?

The youth are voting for ineffective liberal policies. I can’t really say much to them besides they are wasting their votes.

Also the youth need to really start thinking about going into professions that make good money. Start thinking long term.

They would obviously want to buy a house in like the next 5 years. Do you think things will get better? Will homes be more affordable?

Idk I plan on leaving regardless, but I know plenty people my age that roots here and don't want to leave.

I agree with you on the bolded, but I don't think a uni to good job pipeline is as feasible as it was before. I think the youth need to start being a bit more crafty and thinking outside the box career wise. That's what I have done and I honestly found a path where I could make a decent living.

Daps
Wow thanks so much to the Ontario government for moving my 2nd dose from August 31st to August 2nd! What a difference! :gucci:

Well I guess bye bye to summer 2021, I want a fukking refund. :mjcry:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Truly hate this place
Assuming hospitalizations, ICU occupancy and new admissions are going down, we can expect Step 1 to start on June 14.

share.png

Before Step 2 on July 5, at least 70% of adults need to have received one dose, and 20% must be fully vaccinated.

share.png

In Step 3 (July 26), 70-80% of adults need one dose and 25% must be fully vaccinated. Indoor

July 26 :mjlol: