The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Daps
the lie that Canada is this utopia has been completely shattered.

We knew from time it wasn't but they are an international embarrassment and I'm glad they've been exposed.

This is the only good thing lmao.

This country is a fukking ponzi scheme, but one thing I have to give to politicians is that their PR game is unmatched. Folks around the world romanticize canada like it's some utopia when in reality it is a wasteland.

Kind of like an abuser who is so charismatic that "everyone just loves" when in reality he is beating his wife everyday at home.

So glad canada is being exposed for the con it really is.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
This is the only good thing lmao.

This country is a fukking ponzi scheme, but one thing I have to give to politicians is that their PR game is unmatched. Folks around the world romanticize canada like it's some utopia when in reality it is a wasteland.

Kind of like an abuser who is so charismatic that "everyone just loves" when in reality he is beating his wife everyday at home.

So glad canada is being exposed for the con it really is.
dont forgot the media stays on code

Daps
Regarding the housing crisis in Canada right now. I am just so confused as to how the government is gonna go about it.

First off, housing is ridiculously expensive due to foreign investors buying up property.

But that isn't even Canadians first concern considering wages have been stagnant forever now and if housing prices dropped most millennials will not be able to afford a home regardless.

Secondly, the solution of "just build more houses" doesn't work because ....

Lumber is a necessary element of construction and since the NDP completely decimated the lumber mills in BC and Ontario, we don't have the capacity to produce lumber like we once did. And building lumber mills/towns around it takes forever, it isn't as easy as building a mall or something. Now, lumber is exponentially more expensive, there is also a shortage. Coupled with other shortage of materials used to build homes, there isn't a feasible way to build homes to meet up with the demand.

We all know that housing prices isn't going decrease, as our ponzi scheme of an economy runs on it and we will hit great depression without it.

So, what is there to do?

Homelessness is gonna skyrocket post Covid as mass layoff are imminent. Trudeau is gonna ring in 400k immigrants a year (literally london's population), where are these people going to live?

This government is seriously incompetent as fukk no matter which party, we are truly fukked moving forward and everybody has their heads in the sand.

What are y'all's opinions?