The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
its these puzzy lockdowns we are sick of it. When you tell restaurants two weeks ago open up then two weeks later you're sol

So malls can still be open at 25% capacity because of all your developer friends

UK had strict lockdowns like @Malcolmxxx_23 said where literally nothing was open but supermarkets and pharmacies

The worst thing about this lockdown it will do nothing themajority of cases are in toronto and peel but you can still go to eatons centre today, and you can still go to square one. Toronto and peel were still in grey zone with no dining in

secondly invest in healthcare ICU beads are getting filled because of the lack of infrastructure. I work in healthcare and i said it again all we get is a lump sump from the government and in that lump sump it basically just covers salaries and supplies. The only way things get replace or expanded is through donations and foundation dollars.

What do you do in Health care? My girl is a RN at Providence. She's on mat leave, but they got some Covid overflow from Sunnybrook. My sister in law is a RN at Bayshore. She's busy as fukk atm.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What do you do in Health care? My girl is a RN at Providence. She's on mat leave, but they got some Covid overflow from Sunnybrook. My sister in law is a RN at Bayshore. She's busy as fukk atm.

Congrats on fatherhood breh :obama:
Corporate role mainly hr policies and project management work at the same network as your girl but mainly at the other two sites

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
like look whose mostly getting covid and start vaccination those people. I got the vaccine but my azz has been working remotely for like 95% since covid began.

Billy and Mary cashiers at walmart and no frills should have been prioritized before me i'm just saying.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
But they need to stop the wishy washy shyt. Just have a hard shut down for 2 weeks. fukk patios. fukk airports and flights. Maybe keep Costco and Walmart open (small box stores can not supplement 10 million in the GTHA) vax like hell.

We've all been saying half measures won't work. Either open it up or shut it down.

Nothing in between. Get vaccines to higher priority groups, not just age based to start

I can go to square one, pick up sweats at Old Navy, browse, but can't go literally next door to Moxies and grab a beer? :dwillhuh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
We've all been saying half measures won't work. Either open it up or shut it down.

Nothing in between. Get vaccines to higher priority groups, not just age based to start

I can go to square one, pick up sweats at Old Navy, browse, but can't go literally next door to Moxies and grab a beer? :dwillhuh:

hell you'd thik after that amazon outbreak that folks at amazon would be a priority.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
hell you'd thik after that amazon outbreak that folks at amazon would be a priority.
fort-myers-vaccine-line-rtr-jc-201231_1609446399115_hpMain_16x9_1600.jpg

image.jpg

lineups everywhere in america
stadiums
pharmacies

"were getting a million doses every week starting march 22nd " canada procurement officer on cbc
bagdad-bob.jpg

the real fukk up is the provincial not knowing how to properly allocate the doses and administer the vaccines..its like them nikkas were caught off guard
i bet they gonna be sitting in the freezer before they start using it smh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
just got an email from work
mind you these are moderna and pfizer

Vaccine appointments opening to additional groups as of 7 p.m. tonight

April 1, 2021

Vaccine appointments opening to additional groups as of 7 p.m. tonight

First dose appointments at the vaccine clinics will be available as of 7 p.m. for people who are:

· Transplant recipients and those receiving active cancer treatment (excluding individuals receiving solely hormonal or radiation therapy)

· Individuals with the following health conditions:

o Neurological diseases in which respiratory function may be compromised

o Haematological malignancy diagnosed in past year

o Kidney disease with eGFR less than 30

o Obesity (BMI greater than 40)

o Other treatments causing immunosuppression (e.g. chemotherapy, immunity weakening medications)

o Intellectual or developmental disabilities (e.g. Down syndrome)

· Caregivers (up to one caregiver accompanying an individual with the health conditions listed above)

· People who are 50 years of age and older (born in 1971 or before) in high risk areas

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

I hear you. I think the problem with bars isn't per say Moxie or higher end establishments. I live on the Danforth. People get sloppy around 10 when beer and alcohol are involved. Its all the dive bars and King Street bars that get flooded. Imagine all the fights bar tenders and security will have with people getting drunk daily, screaming fukk your mask policy. If the bars in my area were open, the shelter would be fukked...

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I despise this place. We have been one of the longest lockdowns in the entire world.

A cart blanche lockdown for the whole province is looking to kill a fly with a sledge hammer. Focus on at risk groups, health units

Our vaccine rollout has been terrible.

I drove downtown a while back and the amount of boarded up businesses is depressing. Won't be much of an economy when we finally get out of this in 2022.

At this rate this year is a complete write off.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I despise this place. We have been one of the longest lockdowns in the entire world.

A cart blanche lockdown for the whole province is looking to kill a fly with a sledge hammer. Focus on at risk groups, health units

Our vaccine rollout has been terrible.

I drove downtown a while back and the amount of boarded up businesses is depressing. Won't be much of an economy when we finally get out of this in 2022.

At this rate this year is a complete write off.
Exact repeat of last year, probably worse.

Vaccines won't hit the masses until fall.
Looking like best best is that we get Christmas to spend with others

fukked up

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What I’m worried about is about the time folks get the vaccines the new variants by then will make it worthless and we’d have to repeat again.

no where else is doing this stupid Pfizer 4 months later

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any time Ford steps out and opens his mouth about anything I laugh. Dudes were actually riding for him when he first got elected. It was only a matter of time for him to show his ass.
Mainly because Wynn was a clown. Turns out they’re both clowns. I voted for Ford knowing he’s an imbecile.