The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah they are making the final call here too, except our politicians are even dumber.

Breh they put me in one of those diversity groups...and the first speaker was a white guy who talked about his "struggle". He talked about bringing his partner to some corporate gala and he was touched that someone asked him about his boyfriend. Everyone on the call was like :gucci: but didn't say anything. These cacs, I swear:russ:
I woulda very politely went off on them for real.

My company ain’t perfect but they did hire two Black women to be ED and second in command so I guess that’s something :yeshrug:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I woulda very politely went off on them for real.

My company ain’t perfect but they did hire two Black women to be ED and second in command so I guess that’s something :yeshrug:

They had us all on mute while people did their presentations, and left Q&A for emails :francis:

I know why they lump a gay white guy in the "diversity" group to have "allies", but nobody wanted to hear that shyt at all.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
:jbhmm: I'm lookin for a new job and all these postings are asking for race and shyt. I feel like I'm so used to having to hide who I am and now they're specifically asking for it. Feels like a trap.

A lot of the diversity and inclusion stuff feels so forced and on top of that it's still run by white people. Had a BLM discussion and moderator was white :dead:

I usually don't even bother with those checkboxes because when they see my name and then I walk in the room, they always like wtf happened :dead:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the fukk y’all work where they got white ppl leading diversity initiatives?? Lol. Maybe that’s be corporate world. I work in social services so maybe that’s why my experience different. White ppl in my industry at least try to get it right most of the times but I realize that’s probably not even close to the majority.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Where the fukk y’all work where they got white ppl leading diversity initiatives?? Lol. Maybe that’s be corporate world. I work in social services so maybe that’s why my experience different. White ppl in my industry at least try to get it right most of the times but I realize that’s probably not even close to the majority.

In certain sectors it's rare to even find more than one black man working in the office. I know accountants and engineers who have been called up to lead a diversity board after George Floyd ws executed.

Shameless display. All of the death our people have to go through and they cut a simple loss like that so their profits don't go down.

We gotta recognize the game.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
so the shot isn't bad i just lined up showed my badge they ask you some questions then you go and see a dr. Dr asks about your medical history and then you get the shot. You then go stay in a recovery area for 15 minutes and then you get a piece of paper and they will email/text you when the second dose is ready.

All in all arrived 8am and was out the door by 828

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In certain sectors it's rare to even find more than one black man working in the office. I know accountants and engineers who have been called up to lead a diversity board after George Floyd ws executed.

Shameless display. All of the death our people have to go through and they cut a simple loss like that so their profits don't go down.

I work in corporate for one of the biggest hospital networks in all of canada, I've been in rooms of like 300 manager/directors/vps/ceo and beside me there were like 2 other blacc folks

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

I'm in software. I'm one of four non-white people in a group with 80+ people, and the only non-white male

We had a Black CEO and he was starting to make hires, but I noticed all of our Black hires under him were in sales/consulting and they weren't much higher up than that.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
so the shot isn't bad i just lined up showed my badge they ask you some questions then you go and see a dr. Dr asks about your medical history and then you get the shot. You then go stay in a recovery area for 15 minutes and then you get a piece of paper and they will email/text you when the second dose is ready.

They finally got you :wow:

Let us know how you feel in the next few days breh

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

Which shot did they give you?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Which shot did they give you?

Pfizer
Untitled.jpg

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

Story of my career. That first day walking into a new office is a trip when you realize you're the only one