The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I made a good decision angling toward social services. I know that’s a wage drop for most people but I’ve figured out a way to make good money in my sector with just a bachelors but I realize that isn’t the case for most people. It’s sad that we have to make these kinds of choices in Canada. One thing that the USA has on us is that while it’s not perfect it’s easier for Black folks to make money there. I got a lot of family down there living comfortably.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I guess I made a good decision angling toward social services. I know that’s a wage drop for most people but I’ve figured out a way to make good money in my sector with just a bachelors but I realize that isn’t the case for most people. It’s sad that we have to make these kinds of choices in Canada. One thing that the USA has on us is that while it’s not perfect it’s easier for Black folks to make money there. I got a lot of family down there living comfortably.

real estate cheaper
black businesses, ceos, affirmative action, black universities, networking etc.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I honestly think if you took away the TTC the average black man hourly wage in the gta would drop by like 5 a hour. My uncle has worked for the ttc for more than 20 years and he has so many other black friends that also work at ttc

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think if you took away the TTC the average black man hourly wage in the gta would drop by like 5 a hour. My uncle has worked for the ttc for more than 20 years and he has so many other black friends that also work at ttc
Haha my best friend works there and makes almost 100k after two years. Dude just bought a detached in Scarbs

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Same here in Ottawa, with the OC Transpo. I have a few cousins and friends who grew up nice and or living good due to public transit.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
It’s a great job for black folks
You can have dreads , work day or night , great pension . Black folks in supervisor and management role
Funny you mention this, I remember when going to work DT, first thing I did was cut my braids because no one gonna hire a person of colour with braids or locs ..I hate this city and its unspoken rules sometimes fam.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny you mention this, I remember when going to work DT, first thing I did was cut my braids because no one gonna hire a person of colour with braids or locs ..I hate this city and its unspoken rules sometimes fam.
Funny u say this cuz I’m taking this pandemic time to grow out some locs...which I wouldn’t dared to do before but I’ve already established a shyt load of professional credibility and my name circulates widely in my industry so I ain’t worried about that. Might even add some visible tats haha. My whole thing is now that I have clout I want to look like the type of motherfukker they wouldn’t have hired to destigmatize the look and open doors for others behind me. Will it work? Who knows but ima try!

BigSteppa

Kawhi pack got me leanin
Daps
Doug ford should be a real one an jus open everything up whoever dies dies my guy

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
facts. my cousins lives in DC living well
my sister moved to dc with her husband...making more money than ever

other than safety(gun violence) and heatlhcare.... America>>>>>