The Official TNA Discussion Thread

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
If Impact can tough it out until Smackdown moves, maybe they can find a Tuesday slot on some channel.

All I know is that nothing good can come from Impact closing it’s doors though. WWE will just pick the guys they want while the rest will go back to being full-indie taking spots from young guys.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Luckily now the whole roster is regular indie guys that work everywhere anyway so it won't make much of an....uh...influence on the indies.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Luckily now the whole roster is regular indie guys that work everywhere anyway so it won't make much of an....uh...influence on the indies.

I guess. They might have to take on more shows throughout the year than they do currently without those Anthem checks coming though.

But that is an interesting concept. Do you think wrestling would lose nothing from Impact and Lucha Underground dying because of the lack of house shows and use of indy guys?

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Impact Wrestling Draws Under 100K Viewers In New Timeslot - Wrestling Inc.

Witness how they were hovering in the 300 range and tanked all the way down to below 200. Witness how they were doing record low ratings for their build-up and go home shows to their big yearly PPV. Witness how Pop saw the writing on the wall and moved accordingly. Witness how their deal comes up in 2 months and Anthem is fast approaching a moment where they will likely have no TV deal in 2019 and do they try an alternative avenue where the money will bleed even faster, or do they cut bait and do what's best for business?

PS I feel like there should be 2 threads, one for actual discussion of the show, and another for the business discussion of the company. :yeshrug:

sounds like their ratings dropped because football season started.
and i'd reckon the NBA on TNT beginning right afterwards didn't help.
just look at tonight, we have steelers/panthers, bucks/warriors & rockets/thunder.

I guess they figure people will tune in after TNF. when that game ended, they had moose fighting eddie Edwards, which is a good look.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I guess. They might have to take on more shows throughout the year than they do currently without those Anthem checks coming though.

But that is an interesting concept. Do you think wrestling would lose nothing from Impact and Lucha Underground dying because of the lack of house shows and use of indy guys?

The wrestling landscape wouldn't change much at all if Impact & LU both stopped being a thing right now. Only thing that would change would be 3 less hours of wrestling on TV, that not a ton of people are really watching anyway.

LU isn't a wrestling company it's a TV show that's biggest accomplishment in the grand scheme of things was exposing guys like Penta & Fenix to the US allowing them to become big names on the indies & leave AAA when they did. Most of the roster is guys who already had names on the indies as different characters, AAA guys, or guys like Marty the Moth who doesn't do anything noticable outside of LU.

Damn near the whole Impact roster is people who still work the indies regularly & don't have deals with Impact keeping them from working elsewhere. The few guys that do have deals that allow them to only really work for Impact without needing other bookings would be signed by WWE or ROH/NJPW if Impact closed.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Cj4cjjk.jpg

:pachaha:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Haven't been watch the weekly show, but I keep up with a few angles via YouTube clips.

I'll definitely be checking for LAX vs. Lucha Bros and Impact vs. Cage at Homecoming.

The Allie stuff is Wrestlecrap, but I guess that's TNA trying to get their LU on. "Dark Allie" :russ:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
411MANIA | Trevor Lee Leaves Impact Wrestling

According to Pwinsider.com, Trevor Lee has left Impact Wrestling. Lee gave notice to the promotion that he was finishing up, and several sources say there is WWE interest in bringing Lee into the NXT system. WWE is slated to announce several signings in January. Lee worked his final scheduled bouts for Impact at the Las Vegas TV tapings earlier this week, with his final bout against Killer Kross.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
411MANIA | Trevor Lee Leaves Impact Wrestling

According to Pwinsider.com, Trevor Lee has left Impact Wrestling. Lee gave notice to the promotion that he was finishing up, and several sources say there is WWE interest in bringing Lee into the NXT system. WWE is slated to announce several signings in January. Lee worked his final scheduled bouts for Impact at the Las Vegas TV tapings earlier this week, with his final bout against Killer Kross.
So WWE is just gonna keep stockpiling wrestlers with no plans to actually do anything with the majority of them.