The Official TNA Discussion Thread

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to understand why they didn't do that in the first place:mindblown:. Like they aired the BWM 3 match, but beyond that it's just a TNA marathon channel with some specials here and there. Might as well just go all in on Twitch/Youtube and build up the audience that way, instead of relying on a dead network like POP:scust:

There's no money to be made on Twitch or Youtube for a wrestling promotion. They are BLEEDING money right now, and without any type of TV deal, Anthem will cut ties immediately. They must be sweating really hard right now. The news of them meeting with WWE recently, I speculate that it was indeed about them selling their library, and they are making moves to prepare for when the losses are just unbearable anymore.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Rich swann vs. Willie Mack was a really good match on the recent episode of impact

Swann been putting in work with tna

Homicide in the main event with Pentagon jr :whew: two of my favorites

Also why do they use such a small ring, it's terrible

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no money to be made on Twitch or Youtube for a wrestling promotion. They are BLEEDING money right now, and without any type of TV deal, Anthem will cut ties immediately. They must be sweating really hard right now. The news of them meeting with WWE recently, I speculate that it was indeed about them selling their library, and they are making moves to prepare for when the losses are just unbearable anymore.

Thing is, Anthem NEEDS that tape library too. TNA content makes up so much of the Fight Network's programming.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thing is, Anthem NEEDS that tape library too. TNA content makes up so much of the Fight Network's programming.

I have no insight on what their old programming lineup did ratings wise compared to when they added Impact in, but seeing as it's a very low tier network, it's negligible. If people don't care about Impact in America, doubt anyone in Canada is.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no insight on what their old programming lineup did ratings wise compared to when they added Impact in, but seeing as it's a very low tier network, it's negligible. If people don't care about Impact in America, doubt anyone in Canada is.

The Fight Network, which Anthem also owns, between the Impact show itself, the replays, old PPVs, highlight shows, Xplosion, etc probably has 25 hours of their weekly programming allocated to Impact video library stuff. Without it the network would literally have little else to show.

Not saying that money doesn't talk, but it would severely hamstring their own network to sell it to the WWE. And from what has been reported, WWE doesn't go out of their way to overpay for video library stuff. They have typically just waited it out until the seller was motivated and then got it for very little.

So while shutting down the company does seem likely if they can't turn it around, I would bet they hold onto the video library.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Fight Network, which Anthem also owns, between the Impact show itself, the replays, old PPVs, highlight shows, Xplosion, etc probably has 25 hours of their weekly programming allocated to Impact video library stuff. Without it the network would literally have little else to show.

Not saying that money doesn't talk, but it would severely hamstring their own network to sell it to the WWE. And from what has been reported, WWE doesn't go out of their way to overpay for video library stuff. They have typically just waited it out until the seller was motivated and then got it for very little.

So while shutting down the company does seem likely if they can't turn it around, I would bet they hold onto the video library.

Hmm you bring some good points, you right.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
impact has its own channel on pluto tv too.

I think its right next to the fight channel - which might be fight network.

I think anthem might have been in talks with the WWE about working out a deal for the WWE to be able to use certain footage. im sure theyre trying to put an aj styles dvd together at this point.

They did, and I would've said it was bullsh1t back then. Smarks and Meltzer saying it's dying because they weren't pushing the X Division enough and old guys were going over, when they were doing a million plus viewers a week

This is different though. If they stay at 98k viewers a week they will not stay on any TV station. No station is paying for that. Maybe they can come up with a program where they stream it directly to fans, but it's done on any network if this continues.

MANNNNN

they been saying TNA was on the brink of going out of business since 2002.

they'll be alright. POP just needs to move that timeslot back up to at least 9pm. that's the reason for the drastic drop in ratings.

I dead-ass fell asleep during the first match last week. and then they waited until today to put the episode on-demand, which is how I usually watch this show on the weekends.

most TNA fans don't even have the station, and now they want to pull this stunt.

Last edited:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
impact has its own channel on pluto tv too.

I think its right next to the fight channel - which might be fight network.

I think anthem might have been in talks with the WWE about working out a deal for the WWE to be able to use certain footage. im sure theyre trying to put an aj styles dvd together at this point.

MANNNNN

they been saying TNA was on the brink of going out of business since 2002.

they'll be alright. POP just needs to move that timeslot back up to at least 9pm. that's the reason for the drastic drop in ratings.

I dead-ass fell asleep during the first match last week. and then they waited until today to put the episode on-demand, which is how I usually watch this show on the weekends.

most TNA fans don't even have the station, and now they want to pull this stunt.

Impact Wrestling Draws Under 100K Viewers In New Timeslot - Wrestling Inc.

Witness how they were hovering in the 300 range and tanked all the way down to below 200. Witness how they were doing record low ratings for their build-up and go home shows to their big yearly PPV. Witness how Pop saw the writing on the wall and moved accordingly. Witness how their deal comes up in 2 months and Anthem is fast approaching a moment where they will likely have no TV deal in 2019 and do they try an alternative avenue where the money will bleed even faster, or do they cut bait and do what's best for business?

PS I feel like there should be 2 threads, one for actual discussion of the show, and another for the business discussion of the company. :yeshrug:

Last edited: