The Official TNA Discussion Thread

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Weren't they pulling in about a million viewers consistently on Spike at one time?

Given that no one watches or even has Pop, that's probably still their highest rated show by far.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Weren't they pulling in about a million viewers consistently on Spike at one time?

Given that no one watches or even has Pop, that's probably still their highest rated show by far.

The problem is if Pop can get the same or more viewers airing old shows, Impact ain't really that valuable to them especially if their paying Impact around $20,000 per episode. They ran old episodes of House last Saturday & that pulled more viewers than Impact.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sucks that Impact is really dying now, I watched maybe one show total in 16/17, but after this years Slammiversary and BFG I want to get back into them.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have said that Impact has been dying for years. :mjlol: They'll bounce back somehow. They always do.

They did, and I would've said it was bullsh1t back then. Smarks and Meltzer saying it's dying because they weren't pushing the X Division enough and old guys were going over, when they were doing a million plus viewers a week :mjlol:

This is different though. If they stay at 98k viewers a week they will not stay on any TV station. No station is paying for that. Maybe they can come up with a program where they stream it directly to fans, but it's done on any network if this continues.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did, and I would've said it was bullsh1t back then. Smarks and Meltzer saying it's dying because they weren't pushing the X Division enough and old guys were going over, when they were doing a million plus viewers a week :mjlol:

This is different though. If they stay at 98k viewers a week they will not stay on any TV station. No station is paying for that. Maybe they can come up with a program where they stream it directly to fans, but it's done on any network if this continues.

This is public opinion from all their previous missteps finally catching up with them.

They've been floating on their existing viewership being essentially automatic for damn near 10 years. Eventually, even the most dedicated fan stops caring when your show is buried deep on a channel most people didn't even know they have, and starting (in TV terms) super late.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Their best bet is probably to go online distribution via Twitch/Youtube at this point.

I'm trying to understand why they didn't do that in the first place:mindblown:. Like they aired the BWM 3 match, but beyond that it's just a TNA marathon channel with some specials here and there. Might as well just go all in on Twitch/Youtube and build up the audience that way, instead of relying on a dead network like POP:scust: