The Official TNA Discussion Thread

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Konnan has been pissing on AAA for years.

Can't blame him.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
GFW president Ed Nordholm gave an interview with Wrestling Observer Radio to address the rumours surrounding the sale of GFW. Meltzer also said the rumours make absolutely no sense to him.

Global Force Wrestling and future plans for the promotion.

People who are talking that we're selling the company are wrong. We are investing in the company every month. He also gave more insight into the Global Wrestling Network and said that the plan is to brand the network as an alternative wrestling streaming service. That's why it's not branded as an Impact-only service. He said the network will have a $7.99 monthly free with a 30 day free trial and there will be a free tier and a paid tier. He said most of the content will be available in the paid tier.

Regarding the rumors of the tape library being sold to WWE:

I know full well how the WWE Network would monetize the content and what they could pay for the library. Monetizing it there makes no sense for me to sell it for that kind of price. I would rather keep it and put it up on the app and monetize it myself. He added when Meltzer said the rumors didn't make sense to him:

That's the outcome that arises if the decision had been like oh shyt, we don't want to be in the wrestling business, shut her down and so what do we do with that asset to get on the liquidation sale. We're investing in this company. We're growing it. We know it's not going to turn around tomorrow. Selling the library is not on the cards.

Regarding Bound For Glory:

I know with all the noise this week, the anti GFW people sort of picked up saying 'here we go again. It must be that time of year again.' There is going to be a show. We're excited about the show. Alberto will be back. We're got Johnny Impact there. The ATT group will be there, and I'm sure there will be others that will come along as we get closer to the current date.

Jeff Jarrett's leave of absence@

I won't go too much into that for Jeff's sake rather than the company's. But he will be back at some point. When and where I don't have an answer.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I won't go too much into that for Jeff's sake rather than the company's. But he will be back at some point. When and where I don't have an answer.

Disregarding what the dirtsheets have speculated, sounds like it's a case of having someone there that doesn't need to be there. They have a pretty versatile team backstage atm, and he doesn't need to be that involved at this stage. The thing is, that I bet alot of those guys are there because of a strong friendship with Jeff, so if he gets distanced.... Ya know.

Also could be he's just overtired/stressed and making the company look bad on occasion.

Also could mean there's truth that GFW and Impact never really merged.

Whatever it is, I'm just completely over caring about Impact on the ropes, it's often and frequent and never really happens, so I'ma continue to try to enjoy the show they giving us.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without Low-Ki, LAX feels like a midcard act thrust into the main event picture, which doesn't paint a flattering picture of GFW's roster depth. I've seen Ortiz and Santana on the indies for years and they never impressed me. Konnan on the mic is always $ but its a shame they don't have any strong wrestlers in the faction.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Without Low-Ki, LAX feels like a midcard act thrust into the main event picture, which doesn't paint a flattering picture of GFW's roster depth. I've seen Ortiz and Santana on the indies for years and they never impressed me. Konnan on the mic is always $ but its a shame they don't have any strong wrestlers in the faction.
The OG LAX was always just running the tag division though. There was never a significant time where Hernandez or Homicide were making waves in the singles division while part of LAX and they never had a legit big name in the crew either.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The OG LAX was always just running the tag division though. There was never a significant time where Hernandez or Homicide were making waves in the singles division while part of LAX and they never had a legit big name in the crew either.

Who's more believable as tag champs in your mind though, the original LAX or this new version, let alone who has what it takes to be in the main event match and have a decent showing.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who's more believable as tag champs in your mind though, the original LAX or this new version, let alone who has what it takes to be in the main event match and have a decent showing.
I liked OG LAX better but the new dudes are still good. Their problem is that TNA hasn't been able to give them a decent rivalry yet which was never a problem with the originals.