The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that they were somehow able to make Meg into an interesting character is probably the crowning achievement of Season 2.
I was shocked as fukk to see Evie and her friends too. I was expecting Tom to find a shytload of explosives or something but I never thought about the missing girls joining the Guilty Remnant.
I figured it was the girls once they said they were hiding something in the barn, but never thought of it before his episode. They did a good job hiding the twist. I think I'll rewatch the season premiere before next week

Oh and the convo between Matt and Meg was :wow:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
It didn't take long for this show to go back to the tacky and gimmicky state of season one. Horrible episode.
Tacky? Gimmicky ? Nothing was tacky at all about this episode nor gimmicky?
The total opposite to be honest .
Meg and the GR are shown as the true villians with a plan. A realistic plan.
Evie and friends alive and just as crazy as if not more crazy than Meg.
An innocent caught and stoned to death. No rescue or plea saved him.
Explain what you didn't like.

Daps
Tacky? Gimmicky ? Nothing was tacky at all about this episode nor gimmicky?
The total opposite to be honest .
Meg and the GR are shown as the true villians with a plan. A realistic plan.
Evie and friends alive and just as crazy as if not more crazy than Meg.
An innocent caught and stoned to death. No rescue or plea saved him.
Explain what you didn't like.
Using the Guilty Remnant as a vehicle to carry grief is the very definition of tacky and gimmicky. This show is at its best when its characters aren't enabled by whatever hat of subterfuge Lindelof throws into the ring of melancholia (the GR, the geographical surmise and every other theory about the "departed", the re-runs of sacrificial superstitions, the religious/supernatural challenging etc etc), and we get realistic emotional states of what they're actually going through.

Last edited:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Using the Guilty Remnant as a vehicle to carry grief is the very definition of tacky and gimmicky. This show is at its best when its characters aren't enabled by whatever hat of subterfuge Lindelof throws into the ring of melancholia (the GR, the geographical surmise and every other theory about the "departed", the re-runs of sacrificial superstitions, the religious/supernatural challenging etc etc), and we get realistic emotional states of what they're actually going through.

You're missing something. This IS the real emotional state Meg is in. She was the wildest of all the GR from jump. Time has passed and she wants to up the ante. That is just as valid of character growth of anyone from season 1.

It also somewhat makes sense why Eevee and her homegirls would say fukk that town and join GR, as everyone from there seems to hate it.

The Tommy/Wayne 2.0 shyt is woat but the Guilty Remnant has been played perfectly this season.