The Official "The Affair" Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:deadmanny: at "Furkat", I really liked Helen's part, but I zoned out on Allison's, I realize she and the Lockharts are a focal point of the show, but her storyline has always dragged the most to me. I think because they have circled around Allison so many times, she's haunted by the death of her child, she makes poor decisions, she is moody and disaffected. Interesting character, and good actress, need a new direction. I'd like to see an Allison with her act together for once.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Alison and Cole's story is straight :zzz: status.

All I care about is Noah, his ex and Juliette.

There are too many sides of the story now too. We got Noah, Helen, Juliette, Alison, Cole, etc. It was so much better when it was just Noah and Alison, but that ship has sailed.

I like Noah and Juliette the best. Noah is the best character by far. I like Ruth Wilson, but they have neutered her character. Without a love affair with Noah, she has no point in the show. Plus, now it's separated between two main stories now. We got Alison and Cole and their kid and then we got Noah, Juliette, and his family.

This show is too fractured right now.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:scustscust: at that French bytch. Why does she get a "Storyline" now? :mindblown:

:scusthov:at that bytch touching herself.

:huhldup:at the conversation at the dining table.

I couldn't even get through 15 minutes of this show.

I might throw this show to the bushes.

Said the same thing. Watched the first two seasons and the first two eps but I'm done.

Saw Juliette pop up in white letters :hubie:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I still enjoy this, though it's never been on the level of some of my true favorites, (The Americans, Gomorrah, Insecure) of the last few years, but it's near unbearable within the Allison/Cole storylines. I Cole's new wife would be interesting, but the show is stuck on Cole/Allison, and this very tired dynamic. And that kid. Enough. I saw Allison come up on Part II this week, and just changed the channel. I was forced back due to nothing else on. Noah, Helen, and to some extent Juliette are much more interesting characters, the college is a new setting, the creepy guard, Juliettes troubled life, and the fact she is a sexy French professor doesn't hurt, Helen's trainwreck of a personal life....Cole and Allison have to be demoted to less screen time, or their storyline needs some new life.

Last edited:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
If Noah is back in town, the fukkery might be worth the wait :obama:

But this season has been lack luster so far, i think this simple concept has been pushed to the limit on the show now.