The Official "The Affair" Thread

moli70

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ëüröpë
damn, I downloaded the newest episode this morning but didn't realize it was episode 2 until the very end. :snoop: The whole time I thought "So weird we hardly see Noah in the first episode back"

Daps
Episode 2 = :martin:

I'm going to see this season out simply because I've lasted this long, but I'll be damned if these first two episodes ain't been some shyt.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell: at the ending of the first episode of the season

Wasn't feeling the whole prosaic setup of the French professor dalliance and the college student highfalutin dinner talk. Far too cheap to start off a new season with that shyt.

I agree. It was just so eyerolling. Must be nice to get out of jail and quickly get a job as college professor (:mjdrinking:smile:, I wish other convicted murderers were allowed such privilege.

The seasons are so far apart, I barely remember what happened last season.

They need drop this professor bullshyt :camby:and that French lady story line. :huhldup:

This is just speculation but I am going to spoiler it.

Y'all think Noah got raped by prison guard or some shyt in jail? Breh having PTSD episodes

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I liked the episode a lot.....Of course, the gorgeous, seductive, sexy French professor is a cliche, and it's borderline ridiculous.....Very much in line with the rest of the series, and the ground work the show has structured so far. Enjoyed the dinner table discussion, though I hope the writers are firmly on the side of the women, ( as am I, regarding consent, etc) which many posters in here my not be. Elements of the debate were interesting, esp. Noah's perspective regarding the legislation of sexuality, the other guy were textbook delusional talking points. I think it's a good analysis and deconstruction of the show in general, as well as other series, in the same vein. Noah's worn out, burned out, borderline miserable life was showcased well, of course he has the oh so smitten French woman pulling him into bed, though he does end up facing a disturbing pile of dishes. His sister is really attractive, and there is just a weird feeling between the two of him, maybe it's because if's the only women he hasn't slept with on the show. I'm glad the show has moved past the murder/accident whatever.

Daps
I liked the episode a lot.....Of course, the gorgeous, seductive, sexy French professor is a cliche, and it's borderline ridiculous.....Very much in line with the rest of the series, and the ground work the show has structured so far.
To start off a new season in wake of what's happened (Noah's Post Incarceration Syndrome, his father dying, trying to reconnect with Alison, drama with his family etc etc), it's tacky to then add unnecessary layers rather than exploring the issues he's facing while pushing the story along. Although I do understand that the whole French professor angle is there for his own self reflection; a take of isolation would've been more appropriate given the circumstances.
Enjoyed the dinner table discussion, though I hope the writers are firmly on the side of the women, ( as am I, regarding consent, etc) which many posters in here my not be. Elements of the debate were interesting, esp. Noah's perspective regarding the legislation of sexuality, the other guy were textbook delusional talking points. I think it's a good analysis and deconstruction of the show in general, as well as other series, in the same vein.
Meta this early on in the season is not needed. In fact, it's really not needed at all. It seems like this series doesn't really know which direction it wants to go in.

:manny: