The Official "The Affair" Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just caught up and finished the season. That finale was so good!

What the hell are they going to do next season?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Same, I was like :shaq2: when they showed Helen hit Scotty. I was like "well that ruins the next half and I'm not expecting much" when you climax that early, the rest of the show is going to he anticlimactic as hell. But then they showed Alison push him and I was like :wtf:

Crazy how they still manage to keep the element of surprise alive even after they exposed who hit him :wow:
Only thing that had me wondering was was Noah looking into the bushes for so long. That's the only thing that had me on the edge of my seat wondering what he was looking at and figuring that would be revealed in the last half hour. I just binged the second season over the last two days and didn't even want to go to sleep cause I wanted to watch the rest last night. Great season and all the actors are on point. And I love how they've all been written to be their own fukk ups, all have the dark sides, while all having a good side as well.

Even better it really seems the different perspective scenes are all framed about their feelings about the character at the time. While Helen was feeling a little more reminiscent about the good times with Noah it seemed she would gloss over the fukked up shyt he was doing. Meanwhile as revealed in the therapy session while Noah's ego was getting bigger and he was feeling the world was his he was feeling remorseful underneath it all about his actions so he was highlighting more about how much of an ass he was acting and how out of control he was getting.

Also loved how a throwaway comment in one episode takes on a much deeper meaning later on. Great writing overall.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always loved that 'The Animals' song. DL it off the strength of Scotty's performance.

:lolbron:

N711oir

All Star
Daps
Didn't watch the finale yet. But my estimation of it very religious or a lot of religious overtones.

Lead character "Noah" the woman he has affair with son drowns/ Noah saved people by creating an ark.

He saves this hoe
People had no faith in the biblical Noah
No one has faith in this characters Noah's ability to creat or write his book ( he also gives a speech about faith and what it means in one of his public book readings )

Calamity takes place when in bible Noah drinks
In show Noah's wife drinks has accident with children
Incest takes place in bible with Noah
In show Noah gets naked in pool with daughter/ as well brother in law and sister in law produce child

Mental pygmies use the bible case of Noah and his son ham as an instance to point to the cursing of all melanate individuals
The wife curses out a black woman as well as Noah/ and although the bible places the incest on ham/ the daughter in this case the same episode of seeing her fathers nakedness attempts to get the mother in a relationship with a man of color or one of the people of the SUN.

Other than that it's a fresh take on how a series is done.
Interesting that practically all the females that cheated, cheated basically in order to better themselves or their financial situation they always cheated UP and the men always cheated down or I guess just because they could:yeshrug:

Either way found it fascinating.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Just got caught up last night.

Foreshadowing!

The town is starting to make money giving "Descent" tours based on his book.
Just got caught up last night.

Foreshadowing!

The town is starting to make money giving "Descent" tours based on his book.
He can explain a drunken manslaughter due to him, his ex wife's, AND his new wife's actions? Lol no.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Same, I was like :shaq2: when they showed Helen hit Scotty. I was like "well that ruins the next half and I'm not expecting much" when you climax that early, the rest of the show is going to he anticlimactic as hell. But then they showed Alison push him and I was like :wtf:

Crazy how they still manage to keep the element of surprise alive even after they exposed who hit him :wow:

And when you think about it, they hit us with the most obvious story element possible that was probably right there in our face the whole time. ... Both of his girls are in trouble and he has to choose which one to rescue.

But yet they executed it in a way so that you never saw it coming.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just marathoned, My favorite part about this show is viewing how the characters remember themselves and the people they care about. Everyone seems to downplay their own looks ie, Noah remembers himself dressed down, Alison remembers herself a damn mess, but Noah always remembers her radiantly...