The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Eventually they'll try a sprite or hand drawn art style, its the new sf it'll sell, if people will buy sf 5 they'll buy anything.
hand drawn is never coming back to SF. i'd love to see it too, but it costs too much, the talent isn't there, and it'd take way too long at today's visual demands

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
for a mainline series? Naw

I don’t even think they have the talent for it

hand drawn is never coming back to SF. i'd love to see it too, but it costs too much, the talent isn't there, and it'd take way too long at today's visual demands

This is the closest they've ever been to photorealism, 10 years from now where do they go after 6? Honestly I see us getting it sooner rather than later.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
:skip:
Even the street fighter 6 logo is white washed.
I'll be super duper real

Why do we care of Street Fighter is "white washed" when it never presented itself as a Japanese culture type game? It was always a world fighter, with players across the globe, and the most Japanese character was Honda, and he has never been a protected character.

Ryu was from Japan, and has always been the #1 guy. They tried with Alex but by third strike Chun LI was center piece.

But why would I care? Capcom never really pushed japanese culture like Tekken did...and I'm not Japanese :hubie:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah, that would be dope but they actually want to sell more than 100k copies of this game
The unfortunate truth. But if they alienate their base too hard, the casuals could still follow

Personally, I wish they would just go for realistic body proportions. Ryu damn near as swole as Zangief now, like why

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is the closest they've ever been to photorealism, 10 years from now where do they go after 6? Honestly I see us getting it sooner rather than later.

there’s a reason why they are leaning more into this style though. The anime inspired stuff doesn’t sell as well globally.

Mortal kombat is outselling street fighter 2:1 right now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t look wild to me, look like some shyt you’d regularly see on tekken

xxwfPmb.gif
That nikka look like Chris now from RE Village.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
photorealism and fighting games doesn't always work, and on top of that - that trailer definitely isn't something to big up for photorealistic models either :dead:

and its nice to want things, but for real its not happening unless there's a gigantic leap forward when it comes to development that *isn't* what arc sys is already doing. the hand drawn sprites that people are used to weren't anything close to meeting the HD demands we have these days. each gen, the requirements skyrocket.
The unfortunate truth. But if they alienate their base too hard, the casuals could still follow

Personally, I wish they would just go for realistic body proportions. Ryu damn near as swole as Zangief now, like why
casuals will just go play something else now :mjlol: SF4 hit when fighting games were loyalist only. it was huge because it was a leap forward and created a stage environment. times have changed fr. a new smash or tekken teaser and i guarantee you wouldn't be hearing a collective groan from everyone

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I'll be super duper real

Why do we care of Street Fighter is "white washed" when it never presented itself as a Japanese culture type game? It was always a world fighter, with players across the globe, and the most Japanese character was Honda, and he has never been a protected character.

Ryu was from Japan, and has always been the #1 guy. They tried with Alex but by third strike Chun LI was center piece.

But why would I care? Capcom never really pushed japanese culture like Tekken did...and I'm not Japanese :hubie:

Eh I get that but at it’s core story it’s based around Asian culture and it’s mythologies. Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li. I actually like Alex, but nobody cared about Street Fighter 3 in real time bedsides real fans. I forgot the blonde in SF4, but now ED and Luke and others… is a lot. I never paid attention to the blue eyed theory until others complained about it online. It holds some weight.

Capcom is just trying to find their way. Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive were beautiful real looking fighting games this Gen. That will be hard to compete with.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said the logo look white washed. Maybe I should have said it looks generic. It’s the most “un-street fighter” logo design I’ve ever seen.

Capcom needs to stick with their own expressive style.

Last edited: