The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
SF coming for the crown next year

We showing visible, physical damage IN-GAME after battle now :picard:

15_guile02.jpg
I like the subtleness of it, feels like sf2 end screens, I know MK did it as well, but shyt your character looks like they're missing a rib and apart of their jaw by the end of the fight sometimes lol.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Man it's kinda funny watching people on resetera argue about the controls for the game and getting mad that tthey can't do just frame shyt or having to do motion controls.

There games out there that literally give them the shyt they want but they don't wanna play those or quit when they hit a wall and shyt.

shyt is funny.
Casual behavior has run rampant in games lately and I blame greedy corporations :scust:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I hope that rumor is true and we get one more character reveal this month. I really wanna see what that Russian pimp can do.

My top 3 anticipated characters based on that leak:

- Kimberly to see if she has any Guy affiliation from Metro City
- Depressed, meth-head Ken
- Dee .......Jay?!?!? :lupe: I gotta see if son gone be smiling 24/7 like he was in USFIV :comeon:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I hope that rumor is true and we get one more character reveal this month. I really wanna see what that Russian pimp can do.
He prolly not gonna get revealed officially til the game is almost out. Seems like an important character if he's connected to Q and G like people suspect.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Man it's kinda funny watching people on resetera argue about the controls for the game and getting mad that tthey can't do just frame shyt or having to do motion controls.

There games out there that literally give them the shyt they want but they don't wanna play those or quit when they hit a wall and shyt.

shyt is funny.
They got no dog in them. There's nothing that can be done for people that don't wanna put in work.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I like the subtleness of it, feels like sf2 end screens, I know MK did it as well, but shyt your character looks like they're missing a rib and apart of their jaw by the end of the fight sometimes lol.
Dead or Alive 6 also had the battle damage feature as well, but half of the fandom complained because they didn't wanna see their waifus scarred up

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
people complaining about the just frame stuff like there won't be characters, I'm assuming Blanka and maybe like Ed, who will be the "easy"characters where you can just mash stuff.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Nobody complained about scuffed waifus it was all about Core Values

#ImAFighter
If we look back at it now, it was a multitude of reasons why DOA6 bombed. What you said is right, but what made them look stupid is all Team Ninja did was made the women's bodies shape different than having the same body shape they had from DOA1 to DOA5 and making the jiggle physics realistic.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I won't argue with you thinking the game feels restrained. It's a common complaint. But while this criticism has credence I think there is a larger issue with fighting games in recent years

Fighting game players have gotten too smart and don't realize it. Since twitter, YouTube, and the initial hype of SF5 the general skill level of fighting game players has risen and it's affected the way we play them. We learn 2 years worth of a game in a week now and that rapid development snowballs like it never has before

We're in an era where anybody off the street could know all the frames, optimal punishes, oki, etc for their characters. This has made everything look a lot more rigid than previous generations.

This is where SF5 angers a lot of people in a way they haven't been able to articulate. SF5 is a lot like chess. If you know less than your opponent you lose. It's extremely heavy on knowledge. This is a turn off to a player that might've gotten by on instinct in previous generations. The most enjoyable fighting games are more like poker, where skill level definitely matters, but there's an element of chance that makes the game unpredictable. This level of chance is nearly absent in SF5, and THATS where it lost so many people in terms of gameplay. It's arguably the hardest SF game there is

There's a deeper discussion about the evolution of turns and spacing in current fighting games that also lends to your point, but the brunt of this frustration has been laid at the feet of SF5 when it's a genre wide issue. Guilty Gear Strive has the same problem (WORSE in my opinion)

I tried not to write a fukkin article but :russ:

Hmmmm. Food for thought. You should a make youtube call it quarter circle or something.