The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
nope.

Capcom gotta fix their selection process. I know they want "worldwide" representation but its going to be a lot of obliterations this week from people who shouldn't be there lol
Yeah that’s pretty crazy. I’m not nearly as tuned in as I used to be to the FGC, but Punk missing capcom cup is tremendous

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Bruh how many times is Punk gonna choke in major events? Tokido Idom Problem-X. Between those three he should have won a Capcom Cup an Evo and a Last Chance qualifier.

Don't forget Gamer8 when up 2-0 on Kakeru. There's others too.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
the requirements for Capcom Cup must've changed drastically. How does Punk not qualify? :dahell:

in the past, you didn't necessarily have to get 1st place. You can quality by getting enough points by making enough top 8 runs at CPT tournaments

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
the requirements for Capcom Cup must've changed drastically. How does Punk not qualify? :dahell:

in the past, you didn't necessarily have to get 1st place. You can quality by getting enough points by making enough top 8 runs at CPT tournaments

Covid and representation fukked up a lot. Keep in mind travel for japan was still fukked at this time.

The regular touring circuit was replaced with one off Premiers and the regionals.

For example US East was loaded with killers and Punk lost that one by 5 points. His only next chances were to qualify for the Singapore and France off lines. I think he only went to France. If you didn’t win your regional or win those other two events see you at LCQ.

This format was stupid as it allowed for a lot of one offs to get in and neglected a lot of heavy hitters.

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Its simple, MenaRD changing regions and NuckleDu coming out of retirement are the real reasons Punk will be watching Capcom Cup X with the rest of us :yeshrug:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't believe punk choked again man
Bruh how many times is Punk gonna choke in major events? Tokido Idom Problem-X. Between those three he should have won a Capcom Cup an Evo and a Last Chance qualifier.
If you really look at his performances Punk actually is not choking like nikkas say he is. He was very reserved and didn't lose his nerve against Problem. Nikka just got outplayed:mjlol:

Nikkas definition of choke may vary but Punk loses clean in most of these 2nd place situations

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you really look at his performances Punk actually is not choking like nikkas say he is. He was very reserved and didn't lose his nerve against Problem. Nikka just got outplayed:mjlol:

Nikkas definition of choke may vary but Punk loses clean in most of these 2nd place situations
Problem freeing Punk up after Punk freed him up to put him in losers says choke to me:manny:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They put the one female commentator with this soft, eunuch ass nikka that's allergic to shapeups. The final insult. nikka is gay bestie status. I think even Tasty Steve would have some tension brewing, and he's "safe".:francis: