The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Legit why are these broke ass people complaining about $6 skins.

That's cheaper than anything on LoL or Forknife.
People are tired of being nickel and dimed all the time. Game companies spend a ridiculous amount of time and resources in an attempt to keep selling you shyt than improving the actual game. It would be different if SF was F2P, but you already kicked out 60+ dollars and they continuously have their hands out.

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are tired of being nickel and dimed all the time. Game companies spend a ridiculous amount of time and resources in an attempt to keep selling you shyt than improving the actual game. It would be different if SF was F2P, but you already kicked out 60+ dolklars and thry continuously have their hands out.
bro the ultimate edition of SF6 is prety much worthless outside of getting costume 2 off rip. Drive tickets are trash. the fukk they doing over there

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are tired of being nickel and dimed all the time. Game companies spend a ridiculous amount of time and resources in an attempt to keep selling you shyt than improving the actual game. It would be different if SF was F2P, but you already kicked out 60+ dolklars and thry continuously have their hands out.
This is a two sided issue. The game industry has suffered because of micro transaction model and Capcom wanting to have a traditional game with f2p traits

Nikkas complain about SF5 but they handled costumes way better than what they're doing with SF6. At the 6 month mark of SF5 nikkas had more costumes for less. They were almost at a sweet spot with their model and now they're hustling backwards:snoop:

And I saw the Zbrush panel with the devs talking about how labor intensive the new costumes are in RE Engine, and I get it, but you got nikkas making elite mods in their free time. Capcom needs to hire some of them nikkas or something because this current model is gonna wear nikkas down into apathy

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Considering the development costs of modern games....I think this is statement is disingenuous.

I get your energy, but no one's MAKING you by optional shyt. DLC characters is one thing...being up in arms over optional skins is another. You wanna be mad...be mad at those bullshyt battle passes. But people are screaming out for wanting constant updates and developments for these games, plus online support, plus new skins and content and they expect all that shyt to be free.

That's just not logical.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is a two sided issue. The game industry has suffered because of micro transaction model and Capcom wanting to have a traditional game with f2p traits

Nikkas complain about SF5 but they handled costumes way better than what they're doing with SF6. At the 6 month mark of SF5 nikkas had more costumes for less.

This is what I mean though. People pissed and moaned about "Chun-Li skin #45" or how each skin pack was like $14 and now here's every base character gets a new skin, just buy the one you want. And people are STILL unhappy. Then if the game goes F2P, people will complain even more about microtransations.

I'm unhappy with the amount of new skins as well. shyt I played League of Legends for YEARS and new skins came out EVERY MONTH. But you did have to BUY them shyts at like $7-$15 a pop and people bought them shyts and often didn't come in bundles.

I don't know how the developer/publisher is supposed to win or gain goodwill in this climate, is all I'm saying.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Nikkas complain about SF5 but they handled costumes way better than what they're doing with SF6. At the 6 month mark of SF5 nikkas had more costumes for less. They were almost at a sweet spot with their model and now they're hustling backwards:snoop:

And I saw the Zbrush panel with the devs talking about how labor intensive the new costumes are in RE Engine, and I get it, but you got nikkas making elite mods in their free time. Capcom needs to hire some of them nikkas or something because this current model is gonna wear nikkas down into apathy
I didn't even bother getting into people at home making better for free. That's even worse, but, of course, these greedy companies will ignore it and cry.
Considering the development costs of modern games....I think this is statement is disingenuous.

I get your energy, but no one's MAKING you by optional shyt. DLC characters is one thing...being up in arms over optional skins is another. You wanna be mad...be mad at those bullshyt battle passes. But people are screaming out for wanting constant updates and developments for these games, plus online support, plus new skins and content and they expect all that shyt to be free.

That's just not logical.
Battle passes are garbage, too, that wasn't the subject. If they wanted to fund the game like that, it should have been F2P. Charging full price, then having your hand out every other day is bulshyt, and they know it. They're just greedy. Nobody is forcing these companies to keep churnig shyt out, and they're using it to be lazy. If you make the game right the first time, all you have to do after is for actual CONTENT. Balance adjustments probably take relatively little effort.

Also, this is time and resources not spent IMPROVING THE GAME. Same with Destiny. That's why they're in trouble.

Server issues that fukk the game up? Quality of life improvements? We'll get to them when we get to them.:manny:

Issue with the store? Game exploit allowing players to do more than intended? STOP EVERYTHING AND FIX IT IMMEDIATELY :damn:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is what I mean though. People pissed and moaned about "Chun-Li skin #45" or how each skin pack was like $14 and now here's every base character gets a new skin, just buy the one you want. And people are STILL unhappy. Then if the game goes F2P, people will complain even more about microtransations.

I'm unhappy with the amount of new skins as well. shyt I played League of Legends for YEARS and new skins came out EVERY MONTH. But you did have to BUY them shyts at like $7-$15 a pop and people bought them shyts and often didn't come in bundles.

I don't know how the developer/publisher is supposed to win or gain goodwill in this climate, is all I'm saying.
Stop charging for shyt that has traditionally been free (and stop crying when you get called out on it)
Put the health of the game first and post launch monetization second
If you sell stuff, make it cheap. If Chun-Li skin #45 is $1 instead of $7, you'll probably do better in the long run on volume, and people will have much less to complain about.

EDIT: Stop charging for EVERYTHING. If you release 4 characters a year, ONE can be free. Throw people 1 or 2 free costumes and make them buy the rest.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Chun Li thing was only an issue because the rest of the cast was so underrepresented in comparison. And I understand that yes nikkas horny and are gonna buy the Chun costumes but imagine being a Vega player with 3 costumes to Chun's 7:dahell: Even then the Chun costume shyt was mostly a meme

Outside of that SF5's costume model was great. I especially loved the themes and incorporating classic Capcom characters. That Arthur Ryu fit:wow: Morrigan Chun:wow: Wesker Urien:wow: The MegaMan costumes:wow: They had a great thing going. Even something like the holiday/seasonal themed costumes went a long way. My only issue with SF5 is they should've had MORE costumes at a lower price like the MMOs do.

I believe a tiered system, similar to SF5, is the way to go. Have some costumes be free, some at $1-3, specialty shyt at $6-10, hell you can even have a rare premium fit at whatever price you want

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even bother getting into people at home making better for free. That's even worse, but, of course, these greedy companies will ignore it and cry.

Battle passes are garbage, too, that wasn't the subject. If they wanted to fund the game like that, it should have been F2P. Charging full price, then having your hand out every other day is bulshyt, and they know it. They're just greedy. Nobody is forcing these companies to keep churnig shyt out, and they're using it to be lazy. If you make the game right the first time, all you have to do after is for actual CONTENT. Balance adjustments probably take relatively little effort.

Also, this is time and resources not spent IMPROVING THE GAME. Same with Destiny. That's why they're in trouble.

Server issues that fukk the game up? Quality of life improvements? We'll get to them when we get to them.:manny:

Issue with the store? Game exploit allowing players to do more than intended? STOP EVERYTHING AND FIX IT IMMEDIATELY :damn:
The bolded is a flat out lie. People complain about patches, buffs, nerfs, "content" and costumes all fukking day long everyday. You're acting like this cats put out Cyberpunk 1.0. SF6 been one of the best received games in the entire series from a gameplay perspective. It DID work day one. So that's moot.

Also the concept that balance adjustments take little effort is also intellectually dishonest, if it was that easy then the game would be perfectly balanced and every fight would be a 5-5 match up. But that's simply not true. There's CLEARLY characters that are overtuned right now (JP, Ken) and there's some that need just a "little" help like Kimberly. That all takes time, effort, data gathering and play testing. And all of that costs money/man hours.

I'm not putting this JUST on you, but there's a fundamental lack of understanding of how much time and effort that goes into a AAA game. Oh and btw, they've already put QoL improvements into the game:

- Drive Rush input change
- Master Rank and MR points
- Increased input window on reversals off wake-up
- Adding new characters to World Tour
- Obtaining username and user code from players that rage quit

Stop charging for shyt that has traditionally been free (and stop crying when you get called out on it)
Put the health of the game first and post launch monetization second
If you sell stuff, make it cheap. If Chun-Li skin #45 is $1 instead of $7, you'll probably do better in the long run on volume, and people will have much less to complain about.

Since when were skins free? In any genre? Ones that were added en masse post-launch? :comeon:
SF6 is about as healthy as it gets for fighting games right now, they literally did what you asked. But now they are lazy and a terrible developer because of a $6 skin?

I hate having to defend a fukking corporation but damn, breh. Like lets be reality.
I believe a tiered system, similar to SF5, is the way to go. Have some costumes be free, some at $1-3, specialty shyt at $6-10, hell you can even have a rare premium fit at whatever price you want

Costume 2 IS free. :beli: And they literally gave a new costume to every base roster character. So again, they did MOST of what you asked for.

But I agree with tiered prices but then people would flip over that. "Oh, new colors are only 2 dollars but the new waifu Chun skin is $22" there's no wining there with this audience.

I also loved MANY of the costumes in SFV, but did I buy them all? No. Did I balk at the price of any of them...nah. I just knew I wasn't gonna buy a $9 Chun skin because I don't play Chun.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The bolded is a flat out lie. People complain about patches, buffs, nerfs, "content" and costumes all fukking day long everyday. You're acting like this cats put out Cyberpunk 1.0. SF6 been one of the best received games in the entire series from a gameplay perspective. It DID work day one. So that's moot. Back in the SF2 days, they had to really TEST the games, and they weren't nearly as unfinshed as now. If something was broken, they issued an update, sent it cheap or free to arcade operators to update the game. Major changes? New game or major update. ALL HARDWARE. Now, it's a software update. Worked back then, I don't see how that can't now.

Also the concept that balance adjustments take little effort is also intellectually dishonest, if it was that easy then the game would be perfectly balanced and every fight would be a 5-5 match up. Stop the BS hyperbole, no one expects that. But that's simply not true. There's CLEARLY characters that are overtuned right now (JP, Ken) and there's some that need just a "little" help like Kimberly. That all takes time, effort, data gathering and play testing. And all of that costs money/man hours. Thanks to DLC culture, that work is now done after the fact, and they expect us to pay for it. That's bullshyt. They want the positives of the new model but cry about the negatives. Can't have it both ways.

I'm not putting this JUST on you, but there's a fundamental lack of understanding of how much time and effort that goes into a AAA game. Oh and btw, they've already put QoL improvements into the game: It was solely Capcom's decision to make SF a "AAA" game with all the associated fluff, bloat and expense. If the economcs don't work, it's on them. Hold it in ya chest.

- Drive Rush input change
- Master Rank and MR points
- Increased input window on reversals off wake-up
- Adding new characters to World Tour
- Obtaining username and user code from players that rage quit I used Destiny as an example because they're facing the late stage version of these issues, and I see Capcom heading that way. And fukk that corny ass World Tour mode, that was completely unnecessary. All wasted time and resources.

Since when were skins free? In any genre? Ones that were added en masse post-launch? :comeon:
SF6 is about as healthy as it gets for fighting games right now, they literally did what you asked. But now they are lazy and a terrible developer because of a $6 skin?

I hate having to defend a fukking corporation but damn, breh. Like lets be reality. Yeah, you sound crazy defending Capcom after the on-disc DLC fiasco. ZERO sympathy. With the great (and sometimes superior) skins people make themselves, I don't believe their sob story about the cost of making them, either. Their whole excuse about abandoning 2D sprites was "look at how much faster and cheaper we can do XYZ". Now it's time consuming and expensive. Something ain't adding up.

Costume 2 IS free. :beli: And they literally gave a new costume to every base roster character. So again, they did MOST of what you asked for. When I say free I mean, boom, here it is, no hoops to jump through, no fake in game money, no time commitment needed, just here, take this as a thank you.

But I agree with tiered prices but then people would flip over that. "Oh, new colors are only 2 dollars but the new waifu Chun skin is $22" there's no wining there with this audience.

I also loved MANY of the costumes in SFV, but did I buy them all? No. Did I balk at the price of any of them...nah. I just knew I wasn't gonna buy a $9 Chun skin because I don't play Chun.

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are the servers still unstable? I keep getting disconnected in the middle of matches. And it acts if my opponent ragequit but I know that's not the case. How have they not fixed this shyt yet?