The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Easiest way to know you’re on the wrong side of an argument.

Perfect Parries are indeed random and are another thing that should be adjusted.

It's too powerful of a wild card with no risk or counter unless they're within throw range.

The best way to nerf it would be to make whiffed parries have some recovery time. The problem is that would take JP from absurdly overpowered but beatable to literally broken. Parries having recovery frames = JP would be ban worthy :pachaha:

I don't know how they'd adjust it. Alternatively, maybe parries could cost more drive meter.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Perfect Parries are indeed random and are another thing that should be adjusted.

It's too powerful of a wild card with no risk or counter unless they're within throw range.

The best way to nerf it would be to make whiffed parries have some recovery time. The problem is that would take JP from absurdly overpowered but beatable to literally broken. Parries having recovery frames = JP would be ban worthy :pachaha:

I don't know how they'd adjust it. Alternatively, maybe parries could cost more drive meter.
Or maybe, folks could just be a bit more random/unpredictable with their offensive timing. :manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Random is really just becoming code for this person doesn’t want to let me do my brain dead shyt. Neutral jumps are random because they make grapplers irrelevant in SF6, it’s the same thing.

Perfect parries are fine, if you keep getting blown up by them you’re on autopilot. Plus you already start out with 50% damage reduction. You abuse PP you’re gonna get thrown, internet has turned people into constant whiners.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Out curiosity, what would your argument for Manon being better than the character below her be?
50/50 + steam roll capabilities. Each of those respectively are better than most of them below her in one area or the other. Some being both. And her buffs carrying over between rounds. Buttons, while having their obvious weaknesses aren't as bad as folks make her out to be.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Random is really just becoming code for this person doesn’t want to let me do my brain dead shyt. Neutral jumps are random because they make grapplers irrelevant in SF6, it’s the same thing.

Perfect parries are fine, if you keep getting blown up by them you’re on autopilot. Plus you already start out with 50% damage reduction. You abuse PP you’re gonna get thrown, internet has turned people into constant whiners.

They're definitely not fine lol. The way you are referring to them being utilized IE blowing up auto pilot set play stuff is fine! I don't want that to change, nor would it be if recovery time was added, because the true balanced purpose of PP should be just that: shutting down predictable stuff.

The problem is that it's way too powerful a technique for how random, non-committal, and inexpensive it is, to the point where it doesn't just shut down predictable stuff. It also "aw shucks, look what happened here, lol"'s you into advantageous/disadvantageous situations out of nowhere.

If I knock you down with Marisa and drive rush into st fierce and you perfect parry because I'm predictable, that's perfectly fine, but let's say 1 million dollars at Capcom Cup is on the line and you just happen to perfect parry my normal; not because you scouted an autopilot set play on my behalf and shut it down, but because you just happened to press the button unintentionally at the perfect time to PP my standing medium kick, a traditional safe/non-commital poke for the majority of the roster, and had the meter to convert that that into SA3 and win the game.

A pro player is never going to find the above scenario acceptable because it takes away from the skill and adds a random, oftentimes unintentional scenario to the mix.

Gotta keep in mind that many of the things lower level/casual players find to be fun and dope is because it was designed with them in mind and not the actual experts/masters of the craft. Me and @Hiei ran some sets earlier, and while we're both pretty good players, we're nowhere near pro level, yet still I can think of scenarios where one of just happened to "Aw shucks, guess what I did LOL" perfect parry ourselves into a win.

Punk has said from the jump that PP is busted and hates it, many of the best players echo his sentiments. This scenario below is a perfect example of how insanely powerful and game shifting it can be.

50/50 + steam roll capabilities. Each of those respectively are better than most of them below her in one area or the other. Some being both. And her buffs carrying over between rounds. Buttons, while having their obvious weaknesses aren't as bad as folks make her out to be.

I agree her buttons are way better than people give credit for, but I feel her inability to utilize SF6's most dominant technique in neutral (drive rush), the instability of relying on medals, and having spotty damage access without said medals makes being above a character like Ryu or Dhalsim, 2 characters shown to be capable of winning big tournaments, a tough sell.

Or maybe, folks could just be a bit more random/unpredictable with their offensive timing. :manny:

I don't think "JUST BE LESS SOLID AND DO RANDOM STUFF" is a good solution to this lol.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
They're definitely not fine lol. The way you are referring to them being utilized IE blowing up auto pilot set play stuff is fine! I don't want that to change, nor would it be if recovery time was added, because the true balanced purpose of PP should be just that: shutting down predictable stuff.

The problem is that it's way too powerful a technique for how random, non-committal, and inexpensive it is, to the point where it doesn't just shut down predictable stuff. It also "aw shucks, look what happened here, lol"'s you into advantageous/disadvantageous situations out of nowhere.

If I knock you down with Marisa and drive rush into st fierce and you perfect parry because I'm predictable, that's perfectly fine, but let's say 1 million dollars at Capcom Cup is on the line and you just happen to perfect parry my normal; not because you scouted an autopilot set play on my behalf and shut it down, but because you just happened to press the button unintentionally at the perfect time to PP my standing medium kick, a traditional safe/non-commital poke for the majority of the roster, and had the meter to convert that that into SA3 and win the game.

A pro player is never going to find the above scenario acceptable because it takes away from the skill and adds a random, oftentimes unintentional scenario to the mix.

Gotta keep in mind that many of the things lower level/casual players find to be fun and dope is because it was designed with them in mind and not the actual experts/masters of the craft. Me and @Hiei ran some sets earlier, and while we're both pretty good players, we're nowhere near pro level, yet still I can think of many scenarios where one of just happening to "Aw shucks, guess what I did LOL" perfect parry ourselves into a win.

Punk has said from the jump that PP is busted and hates it, many of the best players echo his sentiments. This scenario below is a perfect example of how insanely powerful and game shifting it can be.

That clip you showed wasn’t cause of PP, hes just bitter he fell for a shimmy and the busted damage scaling. I bet he won’t show the whole match either, how many times he went in with that same setup?

The problem isnt PP it’s every thing a pro is doing before and after. You say a pro player gets blown up because he’s range? Guess what he got downloaded, that same scenario would’ve happened in SF4, FA > combo > Ultra or SF3 parry > SA. If you’re a pro player you know should be aware of all outcomes and your opponent’s tendencies. PP or not he would’ve been blown up with a punish counter into DR > combo > DR > combo > CA the only difference is more damage scaling than PP.

Like other Pros have said the mental stack at high level play is real and if you aren’t ready to deal with it, that 1 million ain’t for you.

I think PP, and the rest of Drive Gauge is fine. My only problems with SF6 is how characters utilize Drive Gauge, ie if DR is so good for certain character let others excel in Drive Impact or Reversal. The other being damage especially with meter build into CA.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That clip you showed wasn’t cause of PP, hes just bitter he fell for a shimmy and the busted damage scaling. I bet he won’t show the whole match either, how many times he went in with that same setup?

The problem isnt PP it’s every thing a pro is doing before and after. You say a pro player gets blown up because he’s range? Guess what he got downloaded, that same scenario would’ve happened in SF4, FA > combo > Ultra or SF3 parry > SA. If you’re a pro player you know should be aware of all outcomes and your opponent’s tendencies. PP or not he would’ve been blown up with a punish counter into DR > combo > DR > combo > CA the only difference is more damage scaling than PP.

Like other Pros have said the mental stack at high level play is real and if you aren’t ready to deal with it, that 1 million ain’t for you.

I think PP, and the rest of Drive Gauge is fine. My only problems with SF6 is how characters utilize Drive Gauge, ie if DR is so good for certain character let others excel in Drive Impact or Reversal. The other being damage especially with meter build into CA.

The PP put Kilzyou the one place you never want to be in SF6: against the wall. It started the snowball effect.

PP's cheapness isn't really rooted in its damage potential. We all know the scaling is severe, so most of the time it will only lead to game winning damage if you have SA3/CA3 ready to go. The main danger of PP is how effortlessly it can accidentally shift momentum. PP into back throw when your back is against the wall is one of the cheesiest things in this game.

Fighting Games will always have some type of unpredictable, random nature, but PP's safety, low cost, and game shifting ability is a dangerous trifecta. Adding some recovery frames to it makes it still strong, but gives it some kind of counter player in neutral - which it currently does not have. "The 1 million ain't for you" is unreasonably dismissive of you to say. Any player, no matter how good, can get random PP'd into a bad situation, Skill doesn't play much of a factor, which is why high level players don't like it in its current state.

PS: That clip also shows how ridiculous JP really is. Either jab him because you're too afraid to throw him and end up losing 70% of your life, or jab him, get PP'd and now you're against the wall or worse LOL.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The PP put Kilzyou the one place you never want to be in SF6: against the wall. It started the snowball effect.

PP's cheapness isn't really rooted in its damage potential. We all know the scaling is severe, so most of the time it will only lead to game winning damage if you have SA3/CA3 ready to go. The main danger of PP is how effortlessly it can accidentally shift momentum. PP into back throw when your back is against the wall is one of the cheesiest things in this game.

Fighting Games will always have some type of unpredictable, random nature, but PP's safety, low cost, and game shifting ability is a dangerous trifecta. Adding some recovery frames to it makes it still strong, but gives it some kind of counter player in neutral - which it currently does not have. "The 1 million ain't for you" is unreasonably dismissive of you to say. Any player, no matter how good, can get random PP'd into a bad situation, Skill doesn't play much of a factor, which is why high level players don't like it in its current state.

PS: That clip also shows how ridiculous JP really is. Either jab him because you're too afraid to throw him and end up losing 70% of your life, or jab him, get PP'd and now you're against the wall or worse LOL.

So if Donyell Marshall gets mad Allen Iverson crosses him over for the win and bytches post game, then gets told basketball isn’t for him, it’s dismissive?

Bruh it’s a sport both characters have the same tools the only difference is their commitment to the game. Again the stack is higher and if a can’t deal there’s more than enough games out there for Punk or whoever. Kilzyou should’ve known better in the corner and it should be common knowledge at this point the corner is dangerous regardless of offense or defense. He played wrong, he could’ve easily shimmy’d or went for the grab.

PP window is literally 2 frames and takes skill to consistently land it. Go look at its use in the past Top 8 and see how much it was used compared to DR.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
So if Donyell Marshall gets mad Allen Iverson crosses him over for the win and bytches post game, then gets told basketball isn’t for him, it’s dismissive?

Bruh it’s a sport both characters have the same tools the only difference is their commitment to the game. Again the stack is higher and if a can’t deal there’s more than enough games out there for Punk or whoever. Kilzyou should’ve known better in the corner and it should be common knowledge at this point the corner is dangerous regardless of offense or defense. He played wrong, he could’ve easily shimmy’d or went for the grab.

PP window is literally 2 frames and takes skill to consistently land it. Go look at its use in the past Top 8 and see how much it was used compared to DR.

Alright breh :manny:

We'll agree to strongly disagree on Perfect Parry not needing adjustments.

HonoredOne

Back on hiatus
Supporter
Daps
Screenshot-20230913-152246-X.jpg

Latest from Japan's best players

Outside of JP obviously being the best character and Ken right behind him, this list is shocking tbh. Manon above some of those characters in A seems crazy to me.

First one I agree with though id swap Manon and Kimberly

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Gotta keep in mind that many of the things lower level/casual players find to be fun and dope is because it was designed with them in mind and not the actual experts/masters of the craft. Me and @Hiei ran some sets earlier, and while we're both pretty good players, we're nowhere near pro level, yet still I can think of scenarios where one of just happened to "Aw shucks, guess what I did LOL" perfect parry ourselves into a win.

I don't think "JUST BE LESS SOLID AND DO RANDOM STUFF" is a good solution to this lol.

Some pros are always going to find something to whine about. Punk would be the one that you mention having the biggest qualms about it and voicing it the loudest as well. Just the same, there are some pros that are liable to be fine with it. I doubt Kakeru hates it.:lolbron: And @Hiei outchea running SnakeEyez off the table. So maybe the divide isn't as far as you think, lol!:steviej::myman:

As for the PP being so allegedly, risk-free, it's still much more riskier than its SF3 origins and literally five times more difficult to land. Like most new SF games, cats that whine about its system mechanics...I'm like...have you not played the games prior were these systems come from back when they were much more deadly or risk free/less resource intensive, lol?

Also, being solid and being predictable certainly don't have to be one and the same.

Versa:

I agree her buttons are way better than people give credit for, but I feel her inability to utilize SF6's most dominant technique in neutral (drive rush), the instability of relying on medals, and having spotty damage access without said medals makes being above a character like Ryu or Dhalsim, 2 characters shown to be capable of winning big tournaments, a tough sell.

She may not, but she also has the ability to easily shut it down better than most as well off just one basic button that converts into everything that works well with her. And the whole medal system reliance, would be a problem for her more if she could only gain them off the actual command grab. But considering all her very easy to confirm, basic BnBs also pretty much grants her the medal, it's not the bad deal you seem to be saying it is. Yeah, she can't just command grab for free like that, but in SF games, that's mostly how it always is for grapplers in that just the mental game of having it is at times, more deadly than them actually using it.....that is, until you actually get hit by it as well. Just a month ago, cats was whining to nerf the medal system altogether, LOL!

Funny enough about Punk, he nearly won a tournament recently with Manon, beating out Idom with her no less and also one of his (iDom's) tourney demons in the process and was saying he don't know if all the Manon players bemoaning about her viability was to be believed. FGC is shenanigans in a nutshell.

Last edited: