The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JP isn't playing the same game as the rest of the roster. It's really, REALLY bad. I'm surprised anyone could think nothing needs to be done at all.

The changes I suggested definitely make the low tiers have more fun.
I wouldn't say nothing but what often happens with preferring nerfs to buffing lower characters is nikkas wanna blow the character's knees off:russ:

JP's zoning is good, but overrated. The game has no chip damage and parry, and you can drive rush when he does certain moves to gain better position. Now if you're in burnout JP's zoning is :huhldup: but JPs real terror is the mid to close range

If I had to make changes to JP I'd probably only just extend the hurtboxes on his cane moves, mostly sweep. Capcom is allergic to giving hurtboxes to weapons so it tends to cause problems. Make his normals easier to whiff punish(like the rest of the cast has to deal with) and most of the problems will be solved

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I wouldn't say nothing but what often happens with preferring nerfs to buffing lower characters is nikkas wanna blow the character's knees off:russ:

JP's zoning is good, but overrated. The game has no chip damage and parry, and you can drive rush when he does certain moves to gain better position. Now if you're in burnout JP's zoning is :huhldup: but JPs real terror is the mid to close range

If I had to make changes to JP I'd probably only just extend the hurtboxes on his cane moves, mostly sweep. Capcom is allergic to giving hurtboxes to weapons so it tends to cause problems. Make his normals easier to whiff punish(like the rest of the cast has to deal with) and most of the problems will be solved

JP out there navigating neutral like a Super Smash Bros swordsmen

cfn: sprchps

im just starting my ryu journey, im so assy with him for the moment

You stopped using Chun to play Ryu?

Ending Walker is that you?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:why:I swear I don't understand this mentality for the life of me. I'm seeing it happen right now with the DBFZ scene.

Since when does "make the lower tiers characters better so everyone has a better chance and we get more variety"=kusoge???? That's what I mean when I talk about nikkas hating fun :mjlol:

Pre Luke SFV is still possibly the most balanced fg ever made, and even then Luke doesn't break the game he just made it boring. Half of those characters you named did great. Ryu and Alex by end of game are busted(don't let Alex players gaslight y'all) and Juri was dogshyt in the beginning but buffs made her a great character that could, and did compete. FANG is another great example of the benefits of elevating low tier characters. So what does "went nowhere" mean. The game has 45 characters every character can't win a tournament. The point of balance is increasing the likelihood that they can

Fun, options,tools, it's all the same to me. I just want games to have variety. Games will always have tiers but it's a problem when shyt starts looking too much like the haves and the have nots. Again I always mention SF5 because you never saw that much variety in tournament for a fg. That game, like it or not, gave the entire cast a minimum amount of momentum that allowed them to turn a match around

Look at Ken. That nikka got everything:dead: and I'm fine with that, Ken is fun as fukk. But you look at the lower tiers and can see all the shyt they're obstensibly not allowed to do. That's why I say characters like Gief and Lily feel incomplete. That's my problem. I want everyone to have fun the way Ken/JP players are

That's my concern with where the game is headed. ALL the top Manon players have dropped her. EndingWalker just won a tournament with Ryu and is STILL dropping him for Ken :francis: . This is a problem, and it's not one that can simply be fixed with "Just nerf Ken and JP" Those characters, from the ground up, are built in such a way that they'll likely eat for the life cycle of the game regardless

Bruh you really just in it for fukkery, and ignored my whole post about longevity. Fun is subjective, somebody can think Zero loops is some of the funnest shyt ever like, or Geese counters is the shyt they live for. As for SFV, yea it’s one of the most balanced games out there but nobody left their mains until they were gutted. No pro switched up to any of those buffed characters, the only one who stands out is Problem X who had a pocket Alex, which got washed in top 8.

This is potentially a decade long ass game, nerfing now and buffing later gives the devs better insight on balance/mechanics in how we play. Matsumoto and Nakayama have both said they are shocked how we play the game vs internal testers. Buffing this early only skews data further.

Like I said in the other thread Drive Gauge is the meta, Ken just mindlessly DR-ing in st.hp or cr.MK is retarded, either those normals get nerfed or his DR gets nerfed. Then I still gotta respect that nikka in burnout? :stopitslime:

Aside from new moves, what buffs do Lily, Gief, or Manson benefit from, better oki? The top tiers need 2-3 touches vs low tiers that needs potentially 3-5 touches.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Yeah it's easy for her. She has the best AAs in the game probably.

I'm interested in why you disagree with 90% of my changes though so get back to me on that.

From a design philosophy it just feels like youre punishing characters for being theirselves or going against the design of the game for example Cammy’s less damage makes no sense, since non OD version is punishable. Those Dragon Lash nerfs make is useless instead of frame disadvantage just give a visual or audio cue to tell apart from Heavy vs Medium cause that shyt is a legit 50/50 in his favor unless you perfect parry.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
You stopped using Chun to play Ryu?

Ending Walker is that you?
lmao i fukkin wish, i just like roaming around with the characters...i'd like to think getting to master with em makes me a better fg player but....eh....

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So do you get more points in ranked when you have characters already in Master? I was watching Low Tier God stream and I noticed he got 65 points for beating an opponent with lower rank them him. I thought you only get that many points when beat someone a couple ranks higher than you. I know he has JP and Marisa in Master and he's now trying to get Lily there.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So do you get more points in ranked when you have characters already in Master? I was watching Low Tier God stream and I noticed he got 65 points for beating an opponent with lower rank them him. I thought you only get that many points when beat someone a couple ranks higher than you. I know he has JP and Marisa in Master and he's not trying to get Lily there.
That bum ass nikka has two characters at Master? I have to start grinding Ranked:mjlol:If he can, I have no excuse, bottom tier character be damned.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh you really just in it for fukkery, and ignored my whole post about longevity. Fun is subjective, somebody can think Zero loops is some of the funnest shyt ever like, or Geese counters is the shyt they live for. As for SFV, yea it’s one of the most balanced games out there but nobody left their mains until they were gutted. No pro switched up to any of those buffed characters, the only one who stands out is Problem X who had a pocket Alex, which got washed in top 8.

This is potentially a decade long ass game, nerfing now and buffing later gives the devs better insight on balance/mechanics in how we play. Matsumoto and Nakayama have both said they are shocked how we play the game vs internal testers. Buffing this early only skews data further.

Like I said in the other thread Drive Gauge is the meta, Ken just mindlessly DR-ing in st.hp or cr.MK is retarded, either those normals get nerfed or his DR gets nerfed. Then I still gotta respect that nikka in burnout? :stopitslime:

Aside from new moves, what buffs do Lily, Gief, or Manson benefit from, better oki? The top tiers need 2-3 touches vs low tiers that needs potentially 3-5 touches.
Fukkery is more important than you think, otherwise everyone would just play chess:manny: my entire point ties into you longevity argument. Nikkas gonna get tired of Ken vs JP and like I already mentioned those characters are built to last so nerfing Cr mk ain't gonna do as much as you think

Of course fun is subjective, what's a better representation of that than a fighting game?:pachaha: Nikkas get to pick a character that fits their definition of fun. The problem with the haves have nots balancing is Ken and JP are having ALL the fun:russ: I want everybody to enjoy their character, but when the devs move in that direction, like recently with DBFZ, nikkas call it kusoge:camby:

You wanna give it some time and figure out where the lower tiers stand? Fair. But this ain't 2001 where it takes 3 years to build a meta. We figure these things out pretty fast these days

As far as what I'd give Gief/Manon/Lily I might address in a separate post, but it's clear that the grapplers aren't allowed to get big buffet scoops like Ken does:mjlol:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I believe SF6 might be even better if crouching medium kick into drive rush cancel was removed across the board.

Keep the extended length of cr mk which is reminiscent of older games and just leave it at that. So now you either choose to go low and not have the option to cancel or go with another new button and have the cancel but it's not a low.

I also feel drive rush speed can stay. Just make it more expensive when done Raw on the ground. How expensive? Not sure. Just more lol.

And to keep combos as they are, make it so drive rush cost the original amount if the opponent is in a juggle state.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, we figured that you left to do just that, lol. Ggs.

It only took a couple minutes but yeah. I be lettign these nikkas get away with murder didn't know what was plus and what wasn't :snoop: one of them matches I jumped a lvl 3 and got hit cuz I thought it was a command grab and not a strike super :snoop:

why this hoe ass char install a lvl 2 when it turns him into a SNK boss for that long is beyond me

My JP is solid but I can't wait till a char comes out I actually love playing.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It only took a couple minutes but yeah. I be lettign these nikkas get away with murder didn't know what was plus and what wasn't :snoop: one of them matches I jumped a lvl 3 and got hit cuz I thought it was a command grab and a strike super :snoop:

why this hoe ass char install a lvl 2 when it turns him into a SNK boss for that long is beyond me

My JP is solid but I can't wait till a char comes out I actually love playing.
JP is an SNK boss himself tho, lol.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
In all realness several chars have even or winning mus against him.

cap-tower-layers-tiktok-ax9gpxklaualubme.gif