The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, this is the true complaint that should be spammed to Capcom about adjusting. They should make it that if you don't finish the set, then you lose at least half the points and the one that chose to stay should get at least half of the win points. At the very least if you're at Platinum rank or above.
Nah, fukk the set shyt, but if you ragequit when you are obviously losing or right about to lose then the person that didn't quit should still get the points. DOA5 did this and there were hardly any ragequitting in that game because there was no point. And there's nothing a fighting game dev can say to explain to me why they all don't do it this way. You know why? Because lets say someone just randomly gets disconnected, well, they are still gonna penalize that person. So taking my points when the a disconnect randomly happens on my end is fine, but giving me the points when someone disconnects from me is not? That's complete bullshyt.

I don't like sets in ranked because why give this person any opportunity to adapt to your playstyle and take the points you just got? In tournament I understand because money is on the line and you don't move on until you get the 2 wins. But ranked you get points every time you win so why potentially throw that away to someone you just beat that started playing extra sweaty and thirsty on the rematch? Nah, I'm good on that.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Yeah, this is the true complaint that should be spammed to Capcom about adjusting. They should make it that if you don't finish the set, then you lose at least half the points and the one that chose to stay should get at least half of the win points. At the very least if you're at Platinum rank or above.

:camby: For all that way of warrior talk you be doing, you sure sound salty about not getting that run back. Hold that L and move on, learn from that loss world warrior and apply it to the next battle.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:camby: For all that way of warrior talk you be doing, you sure sound salty about not getting that run back. Hold that L and move on, learn from that loss world warrior and apply it to the next battle.
I'm not talking about simply with an L you goofy fukk. I've had folks quit the sit upon my first win as well. Either way, it's bad etiquette. You don't want to run the set, don't play ranked. They could make it in casual where that shyt doesn't matter. In rank, completing the set should matter. You'd know this if you weren't a bum.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah, fukk the set shyt, but if you ragequit when you are obviously losing or right about to lose then the person that didn't quit should still get the points. DOA5 did this and there were hardly any ragequitting in that game because there was no point. And there's nothing a fighting game dev can say to explain to me why they all don't do it this way. You know why? Because lets say someone just randomly gets disconnected, well, they are still gonna penalize that person. So taking my points when the a disconnect randomly happens on my end is fine, but giving me the points when someone disconnects from me is not? That's complete bullshyt.

I don't like sets in ranked because why give this person any opportunity to adapt to your playstyle and take the points you just got? In tournament I understand because money is on the line and you don't move on until you get the 2 wins. But ranked you get points every time you win so why potentially throw that away to someone you just beat that started playing extra sweaty and thirsty on the rematch? Nah, I'm good on that.
A set is the standard. If you don't want to actually play sets and just want to do random one and dones, stick to battle hub or do some King of the Hill, FT1 shyt. If you're going to knowingly play in a match where a set is predetermined, why would you not finish the set? Just because you get salty? fukk that. Once again, there's battle hub for that.

And yes, the quitters in this formats should be penalized, because it's a waste of both people's time, as when playing in ranked, you're most likely going to continuously run into these same people anyway, since it's heavily region based. And the higher up in ranked you are, teh more time it's going to take to find matches in ranked as well. I shouldn't have to blacklist every quitter just because they scared to take an L or are trying to point scrum. That also further limits the playing pool, which makes waiting even longer to find someone in your region.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm not talking about simply with an L you goofy fukk. I've had folks quit the sit upon my first win as well. Either way, it's bad etiquette. You don't want to run the set, don't play ranked. They could make it in casual where that shyt doesn't matter. In rank, completing the set should matter. You'd know this if you weren't a bum.

Stop placing your expectations on other people breh. I got no obligation to some rando online. I want my points, I got a doordash coming, miss me with your video game honor.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Stop placing your expectations on other people breh. I got no obligation to some rando online. I want my points, I got a doordash coming, miss me with your video game honor.
Bullshyt. Play causal mode or custom room if time ain't on your side like that. fukk outta here with them weak excuses. Like doordash won't leave the food at your door. You wasting both of our time just because you can't manage your time better.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Bullshyt. Play causal mode or custom room if time ain't on your side like that. fukk outta here with them weak excuses. Like doordash won't leave the food at your door. You wasting both of our time just because you can't manage your time better.

:russ: No your time is wasted because your expectation is for everyone to beholden to your artificial standards with no regards for other people. Ranked is a net sum get your points and keep it movin.

The breh @nairdas had valid reasons of rage quits and disconnects. You just mad about your SF pride.

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A set is the standard. If you don't want to actually play sets and just want to do random one and dones, stick to battle hub or do some King of the Hill, FT1 shyt. If you're going to knowingly play in a match where a set is predetermined, why would you not finish the set? Just because you get salty? fukk that. Once again, there's battle hub for that.

And yes, the quitters in this formats should be penalized, because it's a waste of both people's time, as when playing in ranked, you're most likely going to continuously run into these same people anyway, since it's heavily region based. And the higher up in ranked you are, teh more time it's going to take to find matches in ranked as well. I shouldn't have to blacklist every quitter just because they scared to take an L or are trying to point scrum. That also further limits the playing pool, which makes waiting even longer to find someone in your region.
Standard for tournaments but online ranked is not a tournament. You need to get that mindset out of your head. We are not playing for money. And let's say you're playing someone with a shytty connection you not gon run the set with them are you? If you do you're stupid as fukk.

And I'd rather lose my points to the next player that beat me first than to lose my points to someone I gave an opportunity to adapt. Sorry that's just stupid to me.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:russ: No your time is wasted because your expectation is for everyone to beholden to your artificial standards with no regards for other people. Ranked is a net sum get your points and keep it movin.

The breh @nairdas had valid reasons of rage quits and disconnects. You just mad about your SF pride.
My artificial standards? The game's literal standards for Ranked are FT2. You know this going in. You're doing a lot of juelzing to try to justify point scumming and an unwillingness to actually learn the match on both ends, yours and the opponents.

Yes, ranked is a net sum of points, that you're trying to skate around it on your end with point scumming and halt the opponents by not finishing the set. You come into the ranked set, knowing that it's a FT2 set, which at longest, could take up to three 99 second rounds to complete, for a max of 9 rounds, at most. If you go in knowing you don't have an actual 15 minutes, at the most to spare, then why waste the time by going into ranked? "I didn't like how me played/beat me". That's weak.

His reasons are invalid, as I'm explaining below.

Standard for tournaments but online ranked is not a tournament. You need to get that mindset out of your head. We are not playing for money. And let's say you're playing someone with a shytty connection you not gon run the set with them are you? If you do you're stupid as fukk.

And I'd rather lose my points to the next player that beat me first than to lose my points to someone I gave an opportunity to adapt. Sorry that's just stupid to me.

The shyt connection already has an option out that is listed right during the set the moment bad lag starts to happen. So that doesn't fly. You real reason is what you're trying to go by here with this, "I don't want to give the other player a chance to adapt to me" mindset, which is at best, a very flawed way of handling anything competitive. And weak at the most.

Yeah, you're not playing for money, but you are playing for points, that you know upfront there's a set of rules to get or lose these points by and you're trying to shill your way up to and skate your way out of losing. Own up to this.

Like anything competitive, if one side is unwilling to compete (i.e. gives up), then then the one who was, should not be penalized for the opponents forfeit.

Leave it up to two scared and unwilling to actually learn player mindsets to share the same weak stance on this.

Last edited:

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My artificial standards? The game's literal standards for Ranked are FT2. You know this going in. You're doing a lot of juelzing to try to justify point scumming and an unwillingness to actually learn the match on both ends, yours and the opponents.

Yes, ranked is a net sum of points, that you're trying to skate around it on your end with point scumming and halt the opponents by not finishing the set. You come into the ranked set, knowing that it's a FT2 set, which at longest, could take up to three 99 second rounds to complete, for a max of 9 rounds, at most. If you go in knowing you don't have an actual 15 minutes, at the most to spare, then why waste the time by going into ranked? "I didn't like how me played/beat me". That's weak.

The shyt connection already has an option out that is listed right during the set the moment bad lag starts to happen. So that doesn't fly. You real reason is what you're trying to go by here with this, "I don't want to give the other player a chance to adapt to me" mindset, which is at best, a very flawed way of handling anything competitive. And weak at the most.

Yeah, you're not playing for money, but you are playing for points, that you know upfront there's a set of rules to get or lose these points by and you're trying to shill your way up to and skate your way out of losing. Own up to this.

Like anything competitive, if one side is unwilling to compete (i.e. gives up), then then the one who was, should not be penalized for the opponents forfeit.

Leave it up to two scared and unwilling to actually learn player mindsets to share the same weak stance on this.
Wait, what? What are you talking about option out? I've never seen nor heard of this so you got video evidence of this option? Cause it's reading like you're saying in the middle of a match when the connection starts going bad something pops up that allows you to leave the match no harm no foul. Is that what you are saying? If so I call cap cause I've had to bad connection matches and nothing of the sort popped up.

And if I get points after every win then that is not need to run the set. I got what I came for so it's time to go. I don't have to run the set because the game doesn't make me. I have nothing to prove to nobody so I'm getting my points and dipping. Tough titty to the loser.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Wait, what? What are you talking about option out? I've never seen nor heard of this so you got video evidence of this option? Cause it's reading like you're saying in the middle of a match when the connection starts going bad something pops up that allows you to leave the match no harm no foul. Is that what you are saying? If so I call cap cause I've had to bad connection matches and nothing of the sort popped up.

And if I get points after every win then that is not need to run the set. I got what I came for so it's time to go. I don't have to run the set because the game doesn't make me. I have nothing to prove to nobody so I'm getting my points and dipping. Tough titty to the loser.
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's been in the game since launch. There's no cap. Look it up.

Yeah, exactly what the game needs to prohibit. Long as the connection is fine, in ranked, you should be forced to finish the set if you want your points. Forfeits should net the committed player to get points, not the the quitter. No need for fraudulant players to get points.

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's been in the game since launch. There's no cap. Look it up.

Yeah, exactly what the game needs to prohibit. Long as the connection is fine, in ranked, you should be forced to finish the set if you want your points. Forfeits should net the committed player to get points, not the the quitter. No need for fraudulant players to get points.
My point still stands tho you're not finishing a set. Hell, you're not even finishing a game doing that.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Bruh I’m literally not juelzing anything, you’re the one coming at me with point scumming and forcing me to play sets I don’t like. As for FT2 that’s not a standard by any logic since Capcom gives both players the option to quit out.

Why am forced to deal with 10 ken mains in a row mashing DR, because of some arbitrary FGC code? It’s my right to opt of any situation that is unenjoyable, and how I utilize MY time.

This isn’t evo, There’s no reward for rank, There’s no money. The only thing on the line is your ego.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Bruh I’m literally not juelzing anything, you’re the one coming at me with point scumming and forcing me to play sets I don’t like. As for FT2 that’s not a standard by any logic since Capcom gives both players the option to quit out.

Why am forced to deal with 10 ken mains in a row mashing DR, because of some arbitrary FGC code? It’s my right to opt of any situation that is unenjoyable, and how I utilize MY time.

This isn’t evo, There’s no reward for rank, There’s no money. The only thing on the line is your ego.
It's definitely point scumming. No ways around it.

I'm not refuting the option to quit. You just shouldn't get rewarded for quitting. Nor should the committed player be penalized for your forfeit. At best, if you quit and you won you don't get points. You quit and you lose, the winning player gets half the points they would've gotten for beating you again.