The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

s@n

All Star
Daps
Sim looks really good, as does Dee Jay. I didn’t even bother with the last couple rounds of updates to 5; they dropped the ball with me after Nash got raped. Hopefully they are down with listening to feedback early enough and won’t fuss with character’s toolsets too much.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Okay, that kind of doesn't make sense. Him trying to be like Ryu shouldn't that make him stronger? Or is it saying he tried to be like Ryu and his wife and kid left him for it and THAT caused him to fall off??
I think they are saying that he got depressed after his family left him and he gave up which caused a falloff.

Ryu didn't have those ties so he could train in earnest without all that shyt weighing on his shoulders

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
t

you do know last time they tried this they damn near killed the franchise. Nostalgia sells. But I do agree 3S shoulda got some representation. But its obvious they are saving alpha, 3rd Strike and SFIV for DLC packs.
To be real, there was a lot more going on during that period that attributed to SFIII underperforming than just its roster. Capcom just hung onto that sentiment the strongest. To be fair tho, a there is always some bytchass casuals that only want the game to be one nostalgic ass way, including who was on the roster.

Last edited:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Always hyped for a new street fighter. Only thing I don't like is the art style. To me, it looks pretty bad. Otherwise, I'm likely gonna pick it up day 1

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Well I must say, I'm all for the Sad Corbin-Ken change. It's still fukk Ken, all day, everyday, so it's about time he lives up to his bumass status frfr.

I will say, I detest how Capcom mostly ignores its own newly created characters. By a default rule, they should bring back at least 2-4 characters from each main game, rather than just keep relying on the overdone, tried and true original 8 from SFII. At best, no more than half of the full Super turbo edition of SFII should appear in games moving forward or at least not as the main roster/canon characters. Also, the majority of characters who's arc revolved heavily around Shadaloo, should be absent, with only a few select exceptions (like Sagat & Juri). There's no reason that the game taking place in Metro City with no Cody/Mike/Guy on the main roster. They only just created Lucia as playable character in V, so she should've been main roster with that and the Metro City locale involved. There should be at least 2 alpha characters as well. And if they got some of the Final Fight characters in, then that could've double-filled that spot.

I really agree, and it really hurts the memorability and longevity of those characters if they aren't retained and basically thrown in the bushes for the OG 8. They've been doing good so far with Juri, and they put Viper in MVC3, but not having at minimum 2 fan favs from each game in the roster is trash.

And with SF2 in general I think they are misjudging who people actually want from that, Ryu, Ken and Chun are basically a staple, but most nikkas can live without Blanka and Honda if that means we can get Sagat or Bison. It's not the full OG 8 that needs to be retained every time.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
ken.png
:huhldup:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I really agree, and it really hurts the memorability and longevity of those characters if they aren't retained and basically thrown in the bushes for the OG 8. They've been doing good so far with Juri, and they put Viper in MVC3, but not having at minimum 2 fan favs from each game in the roster is trash.

And with SF2 in general I think they are misjudging who people actually want from that, Ryu, Ken and Chun are basically a staple, but most nikkas can live without Blanka and Honda if that means we can get Sagat or Bison. It's not the full OG 8 that needs to be retained every time.

I'd add Zangief to that list as well.