The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This game is addicting to get better at. I'm improving but slowly. I feel myself getting better execution and going for bigger combos. I'm always :gladbron:whenever someone wake up supers my safe jump setup. That was always my strength when I played UMvC3 but the neutral in SF is taking me a long time to get used to. It took me a full week or so to stop upbacking to block something:mjlol:

Offense is so oppressive in this game especially Cammy and Juri. I've found out the best way to win is to be more offensive or active than my opponent.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently teetering between Diamond 2 and 3. I think I have the ability to get to Master but have been dealing with too much other shyt to get good time in, and I've pretty much stopped labbing entirely since first hitting Diamond.

I won't even lie to y'all. It took me a while to admit this but SFV in it's current state has much better neutral play and encourages much more "honest" gameplay from players. SF6 is a superior game in terms of total package but when it comes to higher level online play this shyt is scrubby as fukk. And even the literal current best player in the world agrees.

The ability to raw drive rush was a massive mistake. It's confirmed that the screen freeze from DR literally eats your inputs which is why it can often feel so hard to react to. In general the game has way too many tools (both universal and within characters' kits) that allows players to 100% skip neutral, ignore fundamentals, and escape from costly mistakes.

I think SF6 definitely has the potential to blow 5 away in terms of pure gameplay, with some tweaks. But it's not there yet.

I fukkin called it:dead: Nikkas didn't even last a month:dead: now it's "I miss SF5" day on Twitter:mjlol:

Fighting game players don't know what the fukk they want:mjlol: every time nikkas complain Capcom gives them exactly what they want and they still get mad:mjlol: FGC nikkas are like women never knowing what they want for dinner:dead:

I think Drive Rush is a great mechanic, and if you don't like it I won't try to convince you to. But conflating "it eats inputs" with complaints about the mechanic in relation to the meta is disingenuous.

The fact that it eats inputs is fukked up and definitely a mistake that Capcom is gonna patch out, but after they do you still won't like the mechanic. Do you see why it's an issue to conflate the two?

On another note the fgc needs an intervention on the definition of neutral, footsies and "fundamentals". Nikkas just say the shyt but it never actually means anything outside of "I got hit when I didn't want to" These terms mean whatever nikkas want it to mean based on their favorite game and a mental stack they don't want to abandon to learn something new

Your "neutral" and "fundamentals" is not a real thing

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They found the most non-Black sounding Black woman to voice Kimberly. They said all that shyt about trying to make her a legit Black American, and failed at many points :beli:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I fukkin called it:dead: Nikkas didn't even last a month:dead: now it's "I miss SF5" day on Twitter:mjlol:

Fighting game players don't know what the fukk they want:mjlol: every time nikkas complain Capcom gives them exactly what they want and they still get mad:mjlol: FGC nikkas are like women never knowing what they want for dinner:dead:

I think Drive Rush is a great mechanic, and if you don't like it I won't try to convince you to. But conflating "it eats inputs" with complaints about the mechanic in relation to the meta is disingenuous.

The fact that it eats inputs is fukked up and definitely a mistake that Capcom is gonna patch out, but after they do you still won't like the mechanic. Do you see why it's an issue to conflate the two?

On another note the fgc needs an intervention on the definition of neutral, footsies and "fundamentals". Nikkas just say the shyt but it never actually means anything outside of "I got hit when I didn't want to" These terms mean whatever nikkas want it to mean based on their favorite game and a mental stack they don't want to abandon to learn something new

Your "neutral" and "fundamentals" is not a real thing
Despite how correct you may be, shyt is scrubby. I can't even compare to 5, since I never got ino it and took it seriously. If that's what people asked for, they fukked up.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
As a person who hasn’t played streetfighter since the 90s , I like the game a lot and think it’s fun

From a competitive standpoint, I think they should make the neutral drive rush and drive impact cost more green bars, if you do that … you’re looking at the perfect 2D fighter in my opinion

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
As a person who hasn’t played streetfighter since the 90s , I like the game a lot and think it’s fun

From a competitive standpoint, I think they should make the neutral drive rush and drive impact cost more green bars, if you do that … you’re looking at the perfect 2D fighter in my opinion
Nah. It's fine with the cost as it is now. shyt cost three bars to do off hit/block as the "balance" of one bar doing it raw. If they increase the raw cost, it'll make a lot of combos impossible, thus lowering player expression in the process.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. It's fine with the cost as it is now. shyt cost three bars to do off hit/block as the "balance" of one bar doing it raw. If they increase the raw cost, it'll make a lot of combos impossible, thus lowering player expression in the process.
Nikkas don't want expression, they want their old game:mjlol:

But they can't go play their old game because then they'll feel left out, so they try to make the new game like their old game:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite how correct you may be, shyt is scrubby. I can't even compare to 5, since I never got ino it and took it seriously. If that's what people asked for, they fukked up.
What does scrubby mean breh?

You got a definition?