The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say the defensive options were irrelevant, I said they still don't change the way each GG match ends

Nikka I hate SF4 you picked the wrong nikka for that comparison:dead: besides I love burst baits. They're one of the hypest parts of GG to me

My comparison of GG and NRS are come from the similarities I see in their outrageously oppressive setplay. It ain't like I'm pulling this shyt out of thin air breh. The only caveat I'd offer is I can't tell which one is worse because I've seen some absolute war crimes in both

Fukk it Guilty Gear is worse:dead: we talking about a series that has Zato, Johnny, Anji(pre strive of course), ZAPPA:huhldup: and I could really be petty and extrapolate this to Blazeblue but I'll chill:russ:

Point is both NRS and GG's style of offense have had an enormous influence on the last gen of fgs and their shift towards heavy offense base games. The irony comes in with both MK11 and Strive toning their oppressive setplay mechanics way down, which caused Capcom to attempt the same with SF6

I love guilty gear but I'm still gonna call shyt how I see it:pachaha:

Man every game has set play. The ease at which you get said set play and also counterplay is what separates how games handle it and NRS and ASW games are mad different in that aspect. Strive blurred the lines a bit with the ease at which its gained but that game is dogshyt so whatever. NRS be having advancing 4 move strings with a 50/50 options that are plus and you just have to eat it :dead: then you get washed to death. so yes it is oppressive but at least in anime games you usually have to earn said position or have a way to mitigate it.

That wall shyt is a failed experiment because people just break the wall with super and checkmate you anyway. ASW hasn't made a good game since XRD :scusthov: just varying degrees of zoomer spergy bullshyt

At least it used to be like that. DBZF started ASW down the path of "lol hold that shyt p*ssy" giving offense 9089 tools and then D 3 and all 3 are shyt. So if we are to boil it down to the most basic observations...sure I guess NRS and ASW can be similar in that there is strong setplay but thats a really lazy comparision and not telling the whole story.

EDIT: what was the vid posed to prove lol. He got his rocks off, no burst, defended most of it and still won :dahell: I can pull of vids of myself beating people off of just one knockdown, this one doesn't make ur point stronger

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man every game has set play. The ease at which you get said set play and also counterplay is what separates how games handle it and NRS and ASW games are mad different in that aspect. Strive blurred the lines a bit with the ease at which its gained but that game is dogshyt so whatever. NRS be having advancing 4 move strings with a 50/50 options that are plus and you just have to eat it :dead: then you get washed to death. so yes it is oppressive but at least in anime games you usually have to earn said position or have a way to mitigate it.

That wall shyt is a failed experiment because people just break the wall with super and checkmate you anyway. ASW hasn't made a good game since XRD :scusthov: just varying degrees of zoomer spergy bullshyt

At least it used to be like that. DBZF started ASW down the path of "lol hold that shyt p*ssy" giving offense 9089 tools and then D 3 and all 3 are shyt. So if we are to boil it down to the most basic observations...sure I guess NRS and ASW can be similar in that there is strong setplay but thats a really lazy comparision and not telling the whole story.

EDIT: what was the vid posed to prove lol. He got his rocks off, no burst, defended most of it and still won :dahell: I can pull of vids of myself beating people off of just one knockdown, this one doesn't make ur point stronger
Of course every game has set play so there has to be a specific reason I notice NRS and GGs setplay similarities enough to compare them yea?:pachaha: it's not a lazy comparison based on the reasons I made the comparison in the first place. Both have very similar setplay and both had a hand in how fgs changed in the last decade. And GG nikkas STILL mash:mjloo:

The rest of your post is shyt I never mentioned and don't even disagree with :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Of course every game has set play so there has to be a specific reason I notice NRS and GGs setplay similarities enough to compare them yea?:pachaha: it's not a lazy comparison based on the reasons I made the comparison in the first place. Both have very similar setplay and both had a hand in how fgs changed in the last decade. And GG nikkas STILL mash:mjloo:

The rest of your post is shyt I never mentioned and don't even disagree with :manny:

We gonna have to agree to disagree

I can't sanction this bufoonery :beli:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright so far for sure I know two characters need to be nerfed. Dhalsim and Manon. On the fence about Blanka, because I can't tell if he needs to be nerfed or just players play wild as hell with him. But Dhalsim like I said doesn't play street fighter. He's playing Marvel with basically flight and shyt. He shouldn't be able float and then throw an air fireball out of that nor teleport. Make them choose what one move they are gonna do in the air. AND HIS LVL ONE SUPER DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE. I just beat a Diamond Dhalsim and the only reason it went 3 rounds because his super did insane damage for a lvl 1. Completely absurd.

And Manon's medals shouldn't carry over each round. That's just retarded. If it goes three rounds you might as well put the controller down because if she touches you twice you're dead. Again, Retarded shyt.

Everyone else seems manageable to me, even JP.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright so far for sure I know two characters need to be nerfed. Dhalsim and Manon. On the fence about Blanka, because I can't tell if he needs to be nerfed or just players play wild as hell with him. But Dhalsim like I said doesn't play street fighter. He's playing Marvel with basically flight and shyt. He shouldn't be able float and then throw an air fireball out of that nor teleport. Make them choose what one move they are gonna do in the air. AND HIS LVL ONE SUPER DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE. I just beat a Diamond Dhalsim and the only reason it went 3 rounds because his super did insane damage for a lvl 1. Completely absurd.

And Manon's medals shouldn't carry over each round. That's just retarded. If it goes three rounds you might as well put the controller down because if she touches you twice you're dead. Again, Retarded shyt.

Dhalsim is widely considered the worst character in the game, and should stay that way

:youngsabo:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

You ever consider that maybe...just maybe...that you're retarded one for getting thrown that much by her, lol?

As typical, most this post sounds like shyt that Capcom should be ignoring instead of trying to quick "balance" shyt that ain't broken, so much as cats get triggered in not knowing how to deal with it.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dhalsim is widely considered the worst character in the game, and should stay that way

:youngsabo:
He's not tho people are just stupid right now. Lily is far worse.

You ever consider that maybe...just maybe...that you're retarded one for getting thrown that much by her, lol?

As typical, most this post sounds like shyt that Capcom should be ignoring instead of trying to quick "balance" shyt that ain't broken, so much as cats get triggered in not knowing how to deal with it.
Shut up. Don't you play Manon? I don't wanna hear shyt from yo biased ass.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Am I the only one that doesn't complain about basic shyt in this game (or any game really)? All this noise is reminiscent of the 09ers aka Oh'Whiners era of "fighting game players". "Why everybody don't play like how I want them to play" ass nikkas. Guess it's par the course tho.

I can't remember who said it, but loosely quoting, "You should NOT LIKE how your opponent plays. They're not here to amuse you, they're here to beat you." If what they doing annoys you, either beat them or figure out how to beat them if you can't.

The only thing that annoys me about this game or any fighting game really, besides the whiners, are the quitters. Run the set. Allow for the runback (whether you win or lose), Salute and KIM. Quitters in rank are a whole nother level of lack of etiquette, aside from if the connection is obviously bad.
I understand the mentality and I carry that mentality when I actually play

When I'm here on a message board this is a place for discussion, it's perfectly ok to say what you do and don't like about the game and spitball ideas. Sometimes people may come in and give you perspective on why they do or don't agree with your concerns, and that's ok. That kind of discourse actually shapes games too in the current era, there was a time where game devs did what they wanted and ignored their audience and their thoughts but that time is no more, so people feel value in actually expressing their opinion.

"Shut up and play" is cool when you're actually playing, and a lot of times nikkas need to, here? You should want people to say what they think, this isn't just a jump in jump out thread for dudes to get invites to rooms

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

When I'm here on a message board this is a place for discussion, it's perfectly ok to say what you do and don't like about the game and spitball ideas. Sometimes people may come in and give you perspective on why they do or don't agree with your concerns, and that's ok. That kind of discourse actually shapes games too in the current era, there was a time where game devs did what they wanted and ignored their audience and their thoughts but that time is no more, so people feel value in actually expressing their opinion.

"Shut up and play" is cool when you're actually playing, and a lot of times nikkas need to, here? You should want people to say what they think, this isn't just a jump in jump out thread for dudes to get invites to rooms
I feel you and respect that. Just saying, there's a line between stating opinions of elements in the game vs. fervent whining as well. You're right in that our (players) say in these games does get accounted for with the balancing towards devs these days and there's some good to that, for sure. But there's also a lot of incessant complaining that often is a lot less valid than said folks like to believe. Like the many already calling for "fixes" to shyt that ain't really even broken, so much as a skill gap/knowledge issue on said players. Everyone want to be good, but not all want to put the time in.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I feel you and respect that. Just saying, there's a line between stating opinions of elements in the game vs. fervent whining as well. You're right in that our (players) say in these games does get accounted for with the balancing towards devs these days and there's some good to that, for sure. But there's also a lot of incessant complaining that often is a lot less valid than said folks like to believe. Like the many already calling for "fixes" to shyt that ain't really even broken, so much as a skill gap/knowledge issue on said players. Everyone want to be good, but not all want to put the time in.
I agree but that's the natural progression of anything. People will have their opinions.

I guarantee your favorite pro sports player has many complaints about their game and wanted shyt changed to benefit them. We see LeBron do this on a nightly basis regarding refs. And then you'll have your local AAU 13 year old doing the same, it's part of the game.

If you not the type to engage in those discussions, don't, more power to you. :manny:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think it's a thin line situation

Nikkas can have issues. I think the problem only arises when nikkas do the reactionary whining, "I lost but I'm still better than my opponent", Sanford shyt. Nikkas lose a set and go straight to "Man Capcom need to do something about ______" instead of seeing where they went wrong and could've made better decisions. Having issues is one thing, but whining is giving nikkas excuses to never improve

Hell a few pages back I called JPs counter broken. I fought against it and it ain't as bad as I was making it at the moment. It's still some NRS bullshyt but JP sucks so he might actually need that shyt:mjlol:

Nikkas can hate drive rush, but it's the "I hate drive rush because I'm a good player and I shouldn't have to learn anything new" shyt that makes nikkas look like crybabies