The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
street-fighter-6-rashid-battle-pass-1.jpg

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grinding through plat with Juri I will reiterate sf players are the mashiest bummiest nikkas in the FGC by far :scusthov: the shyt nikkas do on the regular is indefensible
Blasphemy

Nobody on earth mashes like Guilty Gear players and they somehow managed to gaslight everybody into believing they're these hyper intelligent robots that only block and play perfect neutral:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Blasphemy

Nobody on earth mashes like Guilty Gear players and they somehow managed to gaslight everybody into believing they're these hyper intelligent robots that only block and play perfect neutral:mjlol:

Don't conflate strive players with GG players :scusthov: them nikkas aint gang :scusthov: and they still less nutty than ur average sf enjoyer :scusthov:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
A. This whole, "I only play to learn" has always been a bit overcooked. And even still, you could learn plenty even in those said match ups, if you broaden your scope.
B. That sounds more like a you problem than a them problem, if you ever getting to that point, lol.

oh it most certainly is a me problem. I'm really calm and chill IRL but its something about hopping online and nikkas doing crazy shyt I see red :damn:

once again IRL I have no issue playing bums or people worse than me but online where I don't have to play nice if you a fukking bot ass nikka naw no runbacks and we keep it moving :hubie:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
oh it most certainly is a me problem. I'm really calm and chill IRL but its something about hopping online and nikkas doing crazy shyt I see red :damn:

once again IRL I have no issue playing bums or people worse than me but online where I don't have to play nice if you a fukking bot ass nikka naw no runbacks and we keep it moving :hubie:
LOL. I can respect that and the honesty.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one that doesn't complain about basic shyt in this game (or any game really)? All this noise is reminiscent of the 09ers aka Oh'Whiners era of "fighting game players". "Why everybody don't play like how I want them to play" ass nikkas. Guess it's par the course tho.

I can't remember who said it, but loosely quoting, "You should NOT LIKE how your opponent plays. They're not here to amuse you, they're here to beat you." If what they doing annoys you, either beat them or figure out how to beat them if you can't.

The only thing that annoys me about this game or any fighting game really, besides the whiners, are the quitters. Run the set. Allow for the runback (whether you win or lose), Salute and KIM. Quitters in rank are a whole nother level of lack of etiquette, aside from if the connection is obviously bad.

I'm the same as you. For the most part I don't have any complaints, especially gameplaywise. My only complaint is that I have a hard time getting ranked matches because I get a of communication errors during queues. So I ned up just having battle hub matches instead, which is great by the way. feels like a real arcade haha. and I get a lot of good games in too

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't conflate strive players with GG players :scusthov: them nikkas aint gang :scusthov: and they still less nutty than ur average sf enjoyer :scusthov:
Nah nikka don't try it I've never even touched strive I'm talking about them OG Guilty Gear nikkas

Them some of the mashiest nikkas in fg history:mjlol:

I remember falling for the "Guilty Gear players are the most solid with the most elite fundamentals" bullshyt before I learned better:mjlol: I played Xrd for a bit and every single og was the mashiest, most ADHD scrambles ass nikkas I ever seen:mjlol:

To my point about offense the other day, it's not only Sonicfox/NRS that caused the shift to heavy offense, setplay to death play style. Guilty Gear had just as much influence on how fighting games have changed in the last decade. But when you mention GG and NRS in the same breath nikkas get offended :mjlol:

Props to guilty gear og's for keeping the lie going for so long:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nah nikka don't try it I've never even touched strive I'm talking about them OG Guilty Gear nikkas

Them some of the mashiest nikkas in fg history:mjlol:

I remember falling for the "Guilty Gear players are the most solid with the most elite fundamentals" bullshyt before I learned better:mjlol: I played Xrd for a bit and every single og was the mashiest, ADHD scrambles ass nikkas I ever seen:mjlol:

To my point about offense the other day, it's not only Sonicfox/NRS that caused the shift to heavy offense, setplay to death play style. Guilty Gear had just as much influence on how fighting games have changed in the last decade. But when you mention GG and NRS in the same breath nikkas get offended :mjlol:

You talking out of your ass. mashing in XRD will get you obliterated almost immediately against anyone who knows like a day one gatling to blow you up :dead: I played millia in XRD the set play queen. and even then there is counterplay to most of her shyt unless you get the bestest combo/knockdown. same goes for pretty much everyone. Some worse than others. If you got set played to death you fukked up, since the game has a fukking burst for one lol.

XRD had insane offense yes, but then look at all of the defensive tools as well. IB was good, blitz, fuzzy guard, barrier being better...its no comparison to the way games are being designed philosophically now. You felt like you had almost as much agency on D as O. now you got shyt like DNF where nikkas were legit getting TOD for blocking :dead:

And yes, it is offensive to mention NRS and even strive let along XRD or AC in the same breath. that shyt is nuts no cap.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You talking out of your ass. mashing in XRD will get you obliterated almost immediately against anyone who knows like a day one gatling to blow you up :dead: I played millia in XRD the set play queen. and even then there is counterplay to most of her shyt unless you get the bestest combo/knockdown. same goes for pretty much everyone. Some worse than others. If you got set played to death you fukked up, since the game has a fukking burst for one lol.

XRD had insane offense yes, but then look at all of the defensive tools as well. IB was good, blitz, fuzzy guard, barrier being better...its no comparison to the way games are being designed philosophically now. you got shyt like DNF where nikkas were legit getting TOD for blocking :dead:

And yes, it is offensive to mention NRS and even strive let along XRD or AC in the same breath. that shyt is nuts no cap.
Getting setplayed to death has always been the entire point of guilty gear. You'll be hard pressed to find a GG, hell am anime match period that doesn't end with a nikka in the corner calling for Jesus:mjlol: why do you think Strive added corner break?

Yea GG has all the defensive options but they don't negate anything I said. Then you mentioned burst like a nikka gets more than one a round:mjlol: talking to me like I haven't seen some of the most :scust: burst baits known to man

It's ok tho. I know I'll never get a GG player to admit they mash(INTENSELY:dead:) and that anime and NRS have more in common than anime wants to admit. Nikkas just have harder execution to hide behind as a means for invoking condescending attitudes:russ:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Getting setplayed to death has always been the entire point of guilty gear. You'll be hard pressed to find a GG, hell am anime match period that doesn't end with a nikka in the corner calling for Jesus:mjlol: why do you think Strive added corner break?

Yea GG has all the defensive options but they don't negate anything I said. Then you mentioned burst like a nikka gets more than one a round:mjlol: talking to me like I haven't seen some of the most :scust: burst baits known to man

It's ok tho. I know I'll never get a GG player to admit they mash(INTENSELY:dead:) and that anime and NRS have more in common than anime wants to admit. Nikkas just have harder execution to hide behind as a means for invoking condescending attitudes:russ:

:dead: oh so IB'ing doesn't stop some setups/pressure? blitz didn't straight blow up canned strings and setups? you talking like someone who played the shyt for 39 minutes once and decided they should have a wrong ass opinion :dead: most burst baits are hard reads or super specific option selects. SF4 was nothing but option selects :mjpls: now its bad when GG has it for a very specific blow up :mjpls:

Thats cool you have your (wrong, cursory, silly) opinion about GG but please. humor me on what NRS and guilty gear have in common. I've literally never heard this. ever. so I'm curious what exactly are you seeing that no one else on planet earth is.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:dead: oh so IB'ing doesn't stop some setups/pressure? blitz didn't straight blow up canned strings and setups? you talking like someone who played the shyt for 39 minutes once and decided they should have a wrong ass opinion :dead: most burst baits are hard reads or super specific option selects. SF4 was nothing but option selects :mjpls: now its bad when GG has it for a very specific blow up :mjpls:

Thats cool you have your (wrong, cursory, silly) opinion about GG but please. humor me on what NRS and guilty gear have in common. I've literally never heard this. ever. so I'm curious what exactly are you seeing that no one else on planet earth is.
To be fair, option selects have always been scust. No matter the game. I get the reasons, but nah.

I've also never heard of NRS and Guilty Gear being alike, so I'm curious of this take, lol.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I didn't say the defensive options were irrelevant, I said they still don't change the way each GG match ends

Nikka I hate SF4 you picked the wrong nikka for that comparison:dead: besides I love burst baits. They're one of the hypest parts of GG to me

My comparison of GG and NRS are come from the similarities I see in their outrageously oppressive setplay. It ain't like I'm pulling this shyt out of thin air breh. The only caveat I'd offer is I can't tell which one is worse because I've seen some absolute war crimes in both

Fukk it Guilty Gear is worse:dead: we talking about a series that has Zato, Johnny, Anji(pre strive of course), ZAPPA:huhldup: and I could really be petty and extrapolate this to Blazeblue but I'll chill:russ:

Point is both NRS and GG's style of offense have had an enormous influence on the last gen of fgs and their shift towards heavy offense base games. The irony comes in with both MK11 and Strive toning their oppressive setplay mechanics way down, which caused Capcom to attempt the same with SF6

I love guilty gear but I'm still gonna call shyt how I see it:pachaha:

Seriously breh 51:22:dead::mjlol::francis::huhldup::hubie:

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, option selects have always been scust. No matter the game. I get the reasons, but nah.

I've also never heard of NRS and Guilty Gear being alike, so I'm curious of this take, lol.

You never heard it because its complete nonsense :dead:

I'm also not a fan of OS but some are too prevalent to not learn. When I mained UNISt for a while that game was relatively unplayable against good people without several basic option selects.