The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Of the course Kimberly player masquerading as a cammy player fishing for a hit confirm into CA would say that. :beli:

Kimberly is literally my 4th string player right now. I hadn't even played her in weeks when we played. I played you last with her, in part, for practice and also to give you a fukking break, lol!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I seriously doubt sonicfox playstyle had any bearing on anything these devs do.

anyway. I think for the most part this game is fine :yeshrug: once the cast is better it'll be even better. I love XRD and think its the goat fg but even its some fundamental things in that game where I'm like this is fukking stupid.

either you will learn to deal with your titles nonsense or you won't play it. you can bytch and complain as we/i'm doing about the things you don't like but ultimately the devs will do whatever they want so play ball or go home.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I will probs make this my main game eventually tbh :yeshrug:

these garbage ass pads make playing umvc3 impossible to the point I dead ass cancelled my evo trip :dead:

this way simpler exectuion wise so its not an issue :ehh:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@CarltonJunior @Aveda To your points about offense.

The bulk of the blame for this past gens shift to heavily offense based games is placed on the devs but not nearly enough credit is given to the players, notably Sonicfox. Sonic Steph Curry'd the fgc and it's clear that nikkas missed the shift. And there are more factors than Sonic, but he's a good catalyst for my point

When you look at Sonic's hot run from 2015 to around 2018 and how he dominated certain games you'll see how much the fgc changed. Sonic's strength was always a strong, overwhelming offense, and he was beating nikkas SO bad that it forced nikkas to change the way they played fgs. You're either fighting or you're blocking, and blocking in most cases is essentially waiting to die

They say defense wins championships, but the best defense is a developed offense. You wanna run up the score on nikkas so bad that overcoming the mountain you placed in front of them looks hopeless. That CVS2, hold down back and think about what your opponent is gonna do shyt is dead. You're either pressing your offense or waiting your turn. And anyone that's watched Mayweather match has seen what waiting your turn gets you:manny:

The fact of the matter is when it comes to these devs they've actually been trying in recent years to increase the amount of defensive options in these games but the issue, begrudgingly as it is for some of you to admit, is fg players are smarter than they've ever been and get smarter by the year. SF6 has been out for only a month and has had a years worth of refinement in that time. How many old school fgs looked this refined after just a month? Social media and better, more universal training methods have made nikkas smarter more rapidly than ever before. That's one of the unsaid reasons why so many nikkas hated SF5 because now you're in an era where a random nikka off the street knows his frame data, optimal punishes and oki when that type of knowledge was only supposed to be for the elites. Well it's for everybody now:manny:

So the longing for "defense" is a pipe dream at best because believe or not the devs really are trying to help, but nikkas gonna find ways to get their setplay off:manny: let's not forget Capcom put v shift in SF5 SOLEY because of what Idom was doing to nikkas.

And that's not hyperbole, Idom literally forced them nikkas to create a new mechanic just to let nikkas breathe:dead::dead::dead:

Nikkas best bet for the old type of defense they're looking for is gonna be in the old games, and that's only if new nikkas ain't got a hold of them because honestly any of these games are susceptible to today's style of play if nikkas really wanted to play older games like that:manny:
A-fukkin-Men!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@O.Red

SonicFox was dominating NRS, DBFZ and killer instinct like that, not capcom games, and the general idea why is because they were more of the thinking man's game. nikkas used to tell him he couldn't play neutral so he'll never take the crown over here. It's why he jokes so much about it but he knew that shyt was true.

Capcom instead became inspired by his play so they took away neutral. But they DECIDED on that, probably because they knew that audiences like offense, but it didn't have to be. That's what the developers wanted. I understand the mentality of "get with it or get left", so I'm getting with it, I have no choice, but I reserve the right to complain because it doesn't have to be this way, it's just what Capcom decided.

"The best defense being a good offense" is cool and all to say but that's only true because of the design decisions of the developers.
Sonic also dominated MVCI, but that's besides the point. The point is he changed the way fgs are played because his dominance forced players to adapt and fight back

And yes fg devs made a near unanimous decision that offense is exciting so the games should cater to that, but the point of my last post is the players had as much to do with that shift as the devs

Again Capcom is trying with the defensive options but with everyone understanding the necessity of setplay these days, that's a rough hill for the devs to climb

And you're gonna hate my next post if you don't think Killer Instinct is a thinking man's game:mjlol: KI may be the most mentally engaging fighting game ever made. KI is the reason I think Drive Impact is actually a fantastic mechanic

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it, but the shyt is a bit much. You shouldn't be able to fly across the entire screen like some do with no penalty. That's some anime shyt, not SF. At the very least, make the counter not ass.

This. I own DBFZ. If I wanted that, I'd play it. That's not what I play SF for.
No penalty? It's only been a month and raw drive rush ain't even an effective tactic anymore

That shyt gets blown up on reaction now

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm OK with Marisa. I haven't played her in a week or so though.

One thing I realized is that this game needs an FPS option with the internet connection too. So many games tonight were laggy with 4 or 5 green bars.

I got tired of it and was giving those guys the one and done. Same with wifi players when they started to lag. Is there a way I can say no wifi without declining a match?

Cool I’m in the coli fight club and my name is batsute.

Also whoever is Bruce Leroy my bad breh for not seeing ya invite.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously doubt sonicfox playstyle had any bearing on anything these devs do.
It definitely did breh. Players influence these devs all the time. There's a reason I brought up Idom being the reason V Shift was created.

Gief is dogshyt in SF5 because of Snake Eyez, Punk got Karin nerfed to the point where Capcom just gave up nerfing her because Punk was still doing work

Not to mention the fact that a lot of top players quietly get invited to test and offer input on these games

Players affect devs a lot more than nikkas assume

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
@Duke Dixon GGs breh. Your Marisa is solid, and you got some nice DI punishes.

I need to play around gladius, but you fall for jumping mk a lot just neutral jump it cause I’ll go for the grab 9/10.

EDIT: I am gone off Japanese piña coladas.