The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you should be able to drive rush on block, personally. Let's reward defense a little. :comeon:
You nikkas are no fun I swear:mjlol:

In a game that has hardly any plus situations, you wanna remove the one option with dedicated access to plus frames that also costs meter to use?

Nikkas just can't be plus ever? :russ:

To your point about defense I gotta address it in a separate post about offense and how there's a generational divide in the fgc regarding offense and defense

The type of "defense" you're looking for is likely never coming back in any fighting game breh

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You nikkas are no fun I swear:mjlol:

In a game that has hardly any plus situations, you wanna remove the one option with dedicated access to plus frames that also costs meter to use?

Nikkas just can't be plus ever? :russ:

To your point about defense I gotta address it in a separate post about offense and how there's a generational divide in the fgc regarding offense and defense

The type of "defense" you're looking for is likely never coming back in any fighting game breh
Yeah, I was saying this to the homies last night in a lobby. Fighting games in general and Capcom ones in particular have been long swaying away from excessive defense being the key components in their games and I'm all for it. Hell, some of the defense options in past games were stupid in their own right anyway.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What SF game doesn't start off scrambly tho? Nikkas are finding their way like always

I'm actually amazed at how well thought out the drive system is. The only objectively awful mechanic to me is Drive Reversal because for some reason Capcom don't want alpha counter to ever be good again. All that other shyt is actually:whew: ESPECIALLY Drive Rush:wow: What would you change?

My issue is I'm seeing more nikkas complain about drive mechanics than I'm seeing nikkas trying see how to make it work for them. Like I don't know how nikkas don't see what Big Bird did today and not go "I need to find me some bullshyt like that with my character:demonic::noah:" I like the drive system because the intent is for nikkas to play Street Fighter the way they personally see fit. Is it perfect? Of course not but the reactionary call for nerfs fukks up so many fighting games

I'm generally fine with drive rush. Just adjust some of the more egregious ones like deejays being a fukking teleport. but its fine.

DI on the other hand adds absolutely nothing but a bum filter. Its a pointless as mechanic that is essentially always a heat check and thats just nasty work to me lol. It means in neutral you really don't want to throw out anything that isn't cancellable in the change they MIGHT do it, but they usually wont with good people but its like shroedingers cat. its always there and isnt :mjlol:

I would love for them to nerf it into the ground like cost 3 bars type shyt, scale the combos. just obliterate it :ehh:

Beyond that I'm pretty fine with the game. the biggest reason I haven't been playing/grinding is because this cast is dogshyt for me and no one is interesting enough to put time into, but I'll get back into soon. Like I think Strive is a very very mid game but I was able to play Happy Chaos so I was able to have fun while playing it.

I'm probs gonna try Juri to see if it motivates me to play more.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@CarltonJunior @Aveda To your points about offense.

The bulk of the blame for this past gens shift to heavily offense based games is placed on the devs but not nearly enough credit is given to the players, notably Sonicfox. Sonic Steph Curry'd the fgc and it's clear that nikkas missed the shift. And there are more factors than Sonic, but he's a good catalyst for my point

When you look at Sonic's hot run from 2015 to around 2018 and how he dominated certain games you'll see how much the fgc changed. Sonic's strength was always a strong, overwhelming offense, and he was beating nikkas SO bad that it forced nikkas to change the way they played fgs. You're either fighting or you're blocking, and blocking in most cases is essentially waiting to die

They say defense wins championships, but the best defense is a developed offense. You wanna run up the score on nikkas so bad that overcoming the mountain you placed in front of them looks hopeless. That CVS2, hold down back and think about what your opponent is gonna do shyt is dead. You're either pressing your offense or waiting your turn. And anyone that's watched Mayweather match has seen what waiting your turn gets you:manny:

The fact of the matter is when it comes to these devs they've actually been trying in recent years to increase the amount of defensive options in these games but the issue, begrudgingly as it is for some of you to admit, is fg players are smarter than they've ever been and get smarter by the year. SF6 has been out for only a month and has had a years worth of refinement in that time. How many old school fgs looked this refined after just a month? Social media and better, more universal training methods have made nikkas smarter more rapidly than ever before. That's one of the unsaid reasons why so many nikkas hated SF5 because now you're in an era where a random nikka off the street knows his frame data, optimal punishes and oki when that type of knowledge was only supposed to be for the elites. Well it's for everybody now:manny:

So the longing for "defense" is a pipe dream at best because believe or not the devs really are trying to help, but nikkas gonna find ways to get their setplay off:manny: let's not forget Capcom put v shift in SF5 SOLEY because of what Idom was doing to nikkas.

And that's not hyperbole, Idom literally forced them nikkas to create a new mechanic just to let nikkas breathe:dead::dead::dead:

Nikkas best bet for the old type of defense they're looking for is gonna be in the old games, and that's only if new nikkas ain't got a hold of them because honestly any of these games are susceptible to today's style of play if nikkas really wanted to play older games like that:manny:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's fine. Nikkas can't wait to immediately start screaming for nerfs over shyt:mjlol:

Marisa offense is great but her defense is every bit as bad. It's an interesting dynamic in a game full of interesting dynamics

Also this win is more a case of Big Bird being one of the best 3 SF6 players than it is Marisa being busted. Big Bird ran through this tournament because his current strategies are actually insane. There are very few players barely even paying attention to drive meter dynamics, let alone utilizing it the way Big Bird is. Marisa's drive meta is strong, but she's not the only one that can abuse meter gain/loss strategy
I get it, but the shyt is a bit much. You shouldn't be able to fly across the entire screen like some do with no penalty. That's some anime shyt, not SF. At the very least, make the counter not ass.
I don't think you should be able to drive rush on block, personally. Let's reward defense a little. :comeon:
This. I own DBFZ. If I wanted that, I'd play it. That's not what I play SF for.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
@CarltonJunior @Aveda To your points about offense.

The bulk of the blame for this past gens shift to heavily offense based games is placed on the devs but not nearly enough credit is given to the players, notably Sonicfox. Sonic Steph Curry'd the fgc and it's clear that nikkas missed the shift. And there are more factors than Sonic, but he's a good catalyst for my point

When you look at Sonic's hot run from 2015 to around 2018 and how he dominated certain games you'll see how much the fgc changed. Sonic's strength was always a strong, overwhelming offense, and he was beating nikkas SO bad that it forced nikkas to change the way they played fgs. You're either fighting or you're blocking, and blocking in most cases is essentially waiting to die

They say defense wins championships, but the best defense is a developed offense. You wanna run up the score on nikkas so bad that overcoming the mountain you placed in front of them looks hopeless. That CVS2, hold down back and think about what your opponent is gonna do shyt is dead. You're either pressing your offense or waiting your turn. And anyone that's watched Mayweather match has seen what waiting your turn gets you:manny:

The fact of the matter is when it comes to these devs they've actually been trying in recent years to increase the amount of defensive options in these games but the issue, begrudgingly as it is for some of you to admit, is fg players are smarter than they've ever been and get smarter by the year. SF6 has been out for only a month and has had a years worth of refinement in that time. How many old school fgs looked this refined after just a month? Social media and better, more universal training methods have made nikkas smarter more rapidly than ever before. That's one of the unsaid reasons why so many nikkas hated SF5 because now you're in an era where a random nikka off the street knows his frame data, optimal punishes and oki when that type of knowledge was only supposed to be for the elites. Well it's for everybody now:manny:

So the longing for "defense" is a pipe dream at best because believe or not the devs really are trying to help, but nikkas gonna find ways to get their setplay off:manny: let's not forget Capcom put v shift in SF5 SOLEY because of what Idom was doing to nikkas.

And that's not hyperbole, Idom literally forced them nikkas to create a new mechanic just to let nikkas breathe:dead::dead::dead:

Nikkas best bet for the old type of defense they're looking for is gonna be in the old games, and that's only if new nikkas ain't got a hold of them because honestly any of these games are susceptible to today's style of play if nikkas really wanted to play older games like that:manny:

Your Ted Talk is cool and all but lemme sum it up for you.

top-tier-sanford.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
@O.Red

SonicFox was dominating NRS, DBFZ and killer instinct like that, not capcom games, and the general idea why is because they were more of the thinking man's game. nikkas used to tell him he couldn't play neutral so he'll never take the crown over here. It's why he jokes so much about it but he knew that shyt was true.

Capcom instead became inspired by his play so they took away neutral. But they DECIDED on that, probably because they knew that audiences like offense, but it didn't have to be. That's what the developers wanted. I understand the mentality of "get with it or get left", so I'm getting with it, I have no choice, but I reserve the right to complain because it doesn't have to be this way, it's just what Capcom decided.

"The best defense being a good offense" is cool and all to say but that's only true because of the design decisions of the developers.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@O.Red

SonicFox was dominating NRS, DBFZ and killer instinct like that, not capcom games, and the general idea why is because they were more of the thinking man's game. nikkas used to tell him he couldn't play neutral so he'll never take the crown over here. It's why he jokes so much about it but he knew that shyt was true.

Capcom instead became inspired by his play so they took away neutral. But they DECIDED on that, probably because they knew that audiences like offense, but it didn't have to be. That's what the developers wanted. I understand the mentality of "get with it or get left", so I'm getting with it, I have no choice, but I reserve the right to complain because it doesn't have to be this way, it's just what Capcom decided.

"The best defense being a good offense" is cool and all to say but that's only true because of the design decisions of the developers.
:mjtf:

KI is a thinking man's game tho, and Sonic fox never dominated that.

Sonic fox is just a quick learner of how systems work and has great execution and awareness. He likes to run his mix, he's probably the best win it comes to any one person running offense in the FGC tbh.

But he doesn't really like to lose or be challenged once a bunch of people get actually good at a game and can challenge him. He always conveniently drops or casually plays a game once everyone levels up. When a game 1st comes out tho, he loves it, it's the best thing ever he's being everyone good, and then a few months/years later he "doesn't really play it anymore" or doesn't really compete in it but still plays.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
@O.Red

Fukk it TheColi fukked my post and I’m retyping it. I’ll just say, “I understand but git good”

#BringBackTheClassicColi

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:mjtf:

KI is a thinking man's game tho, and Sonic fox never dominated that.

Sonic fox is just a quick learner of how systems work and has great execution and awareness. He likes to run his mix, he's probably the best win it comes to any one person running offense in the FGC tbh.

But he doesn't really like to lose or be challenged once a bunch of people get actually good at a game and can challenge him. He always conveniently drops or casually plays a game once everyone levels up. When a game 1st comes out tho, he loves it, it's the best thing ever he's being everyone good, and then a few months/years later he "doesn't really play it anymore" or doesn't really compete in it but still plays.
SonicFox dominated all of the bolded games at some point of their lifecycle, what's the confusion? Even if he didn't explicitly win them at majors he was placing top 8 in them, including KI and Injustice.

All of those games have some degree of strategy, yes, but they aren't considered games you have to think out as much as SF, that's just fact.