The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He'd have to vary the usage and make sure not to do it on jabs or jump ins and shyt similar to a defensive DI.

It's true that it could be finessed but finessing it isn't something easy to do in practice especially not in long sets

I suppose but its not like you are even in a way better position after you counter him off you. she can just walk you down again and I didn't even know her gladius shyt eats projectiles :dahell: had breh scared to throw booms. A Guile not throwing booms is food :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He'd have to vary the usage and make sure not to do it on jabs or jump ins and shyt similar to a defensive DI.

It's true that it could be finessed but finessing it isn't something easy to do in practice especially not in long sets
Akainu actually had the right idea towards the end but it was too little too late

You have to bring the fight TO that bytch. All that sitting backing waiting shyt will get you what we just watched. From FIGHT you gotta go in and do everything to make sure she doesn't get started.

Her offense is so strong she can use her defensive options offensively:dead: then the bytch was blowing parry up with that safe jump command grab:mjlol: :huhldup:

Fukk all that you gotta keep her from even getting a chance to start

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Big Bird's Marisa strategy is so simple but effective and hilarious:mjlol:

He drive rushes in after every single positive interaction, so if he knocks you down he's DR'ing right in

Marisa builds a single bar after just about any knockdown situation, and drive rush is regenerating anyway so he's disgustingly meter positive after each one of these interactions :huhldup: while you're losing meter :huhldup:
Needs to be tuned. Some character have damn near infinite meter, others don't.
While I think this is a fine first rendition of six its a loooootttt of goofy shyt I personally hope they address at some point.

He did alpha counter like once but ultimately its usually a losing play because its negative as fukk, and even if you get them off of you it cost two bars and its not like half the game can't fukk fukking get in for free again anyway :dead:

so you use and now you behind on drive which is the most important thing in this game basically and then that big dyke is just going to fukking superman punch you again to get back in and now she has more drive than you. you toast :dead:
You have to parry, though even perfect parry isn't great against some of these characters that just fly forward with no issues.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

You have to parry, though even perfect parry isn't great against some of these characters that just fly forward with no issues.

yeah. I come from marvel and various anime games and I thought we did nut ass silly shyt but naw playing SF is like playing nothing but Chipp matches. Just nikkas attempting to the most ignorant head ass stupid shyt EVERY fukkING MATCH I constantly have the :dahell: face with the options nikkas choose in this game. like you did that. and it worked :mindblown:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's fine. Nikkas can't wait to immediately start screaming for nerfs over shyt:mjlol:

Marisa offense is great but her defense is every bit as bad. It's an interesting dynamic in a game full of interesting dynamics

Also this win is more a case of Big Bird being one of the best 3 SF6 players than it is Marisa being busted. Big Bird ran through this tournament because his current strategies are actually insane. There are very few players barely even paying attention to drive meter dynamics, let alone utilizing it the way Big Bird is. Marisa's drive meta is strong, but she's not the only one that can abuse meter gain/loss strategy

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's fine. Nikkas can't wait to immediately start screaming for nerfs over shyt:mjlol:

Marisa offense is great but her defense is every bit as bad. It's an interesting dynamic in a game full of interesting dynamics

Also this win is more a case of Big Bird being one of the best 3 SF6 players than it is Marisa being busted. Big Bird ran through this tournament because his current strategies are actually insane. There are very few players barely even paying attention to drive meter dynamics, let alone utilizing it the way Big Bird is. Marisa's drive meta is strong, but she's not the only one that can abuse this

I'm fine with whatever silly nonsense marisa is doing but naw they need to look at drive mechanics for sure. Unless they intend for sf6 to be a scrambly offense slanted mess forever then :hubie:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I wouldn’t call for character nerfs just yet. Nothing so far has been vanilla Sagat in SF4 or S1 Ryu or Nash.

The only nerf I would like to see is lvl 3 CA see damage nerf. shyt and too high right now.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm fine with whatever silly nonsense marisa is doing but naw they need to look at drive mechanics for sure. Unless they intend for sf6 to be a scrambly offense slanted mess forever then :hubie:
What SF game doesn't start off scrambly tho? Nikkas are finding their way like always

I'm actually amazed at how well thought out the drive system is. The only objectively awful mechanic to me is Drive Reversal because for some reason Capcom don't want alpha counter to ever be good again. All that other shyt is actually:whew: ESPECIALLY Drive Rush:wow: What would you change?

My issue is I'm seeing more nikkas complain about drive mechanics than I'm seeing nikkas trying see how to make it work for them. Like I don't know how nikkas don't see what Big Bird did today and not go "I need to find me some bullshyt like that with my character:demonic::noah:" I like the drive system because the intent is for nikkas to play Street Fighter the way they personally see fit. Is it perfect? Of course not but the reactionary call for nerfs fukks up so many fighting games

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What SF game doesn't start off scrambly tho? Nikkas are finding their way like always

I'm actually amazed at how well thought out the drive system is. The only objectively awful mechanic to me is Drive Reversal because for some reason Capcom don't want alpha counter to ever be good again. All that other shyt is actually:whew: ESPECIALLY Drive Rush:wow: What would you change?

My issue is I'm seeing more nikkas complain about drive mechanics than I'm seeing nikkas trying see how to make it work for them. Like I don't know how nikkas don't see what Big Bird did today and not go "I need to find me some bullshyt like that with my character:demonic::noah:" I like the drive system because the intent is for nikkas to play Street Fighter the way they personally see fit. Is it perfect? Of course not but the reactionary call for nerfs fukks up so many fighting games
I don't think you should be able to drive rush on block, personally. Let's reward defense a little. :comeon:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn’t call for character nerfs just yet. Nothing so far has been vanilla Sagat in SF4 or S1 Ryu or Nash.

The only nerf I would like to see is lvl 3 CA see damage nerf. shyt and too high right now.
Nah, not even. It could be a tad higher actually. But then again, critical art version does add a tad more. So it's fine as is.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The ironic part of this comment is the only actually broken character out of the ones you named was season 1 Nash

Looking back season 1 Ryu was fine when you look at what SF5 became. He got destroyed for no reason

And Vanilla Sagat maybe the most overrated character in fighting game history:russ: there's some truly broken war crimes characters in vanilla SF4 and Sagat is far from one of them

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The ironic part of this comment is the only actually broken character out of the ones you named was season 1 Nash

Looking back season 1 Ryu was fine when you look at what SF5 became. He got destroyed for no reason

And Vanilla Sagat maybe the most overrated character in fighting game history:russ: there's some truly broken war crimes characters in vanilla SF4 and Sagat is far from one of them
Yeah, Gief and Seth in vanilla were even more busted.