The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's a dope set up, but you could just drive reversal out of it from the start, long as you do it before your drive is depleted.

I thought he said he had the dumb set to get out of it if possible.

in any case its def some shyt if I had in the back pocket I wouldn't let any one know about.

I won so many early umvc tournies off of being one of the few folks who knew about sword loops

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
what a dumbass really. save this shyt for nationals. dudes giving away literal tourney winning tech for a bit of clout :dead:
im with you because its a milly on the line...myth was busted anyways

also on drive reversing...

everytime new tech for a char comes out im sitting here wondering why i'm holding steady on Manon

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a dope set up, but you could just drive reversal out of it from the start, long as you do it before your drive is depleted.
You can drive reversal but look at how fast that meter depleted. It's a game of chicken because in a split second you could spend the two bars for drev or have the two bars beat off of you

L let's say he delays a lk and you hesitate. Now you're in the shyt and it's too late to assess so you see your two bars gone that fast. Do you drev then? Well now you've lost 4 bars just as fast.

What if he baits the drev? What if he's opts to throw loop instead?

The layers:wow:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You can drive reversal but look at how fast that meter depleted. It's a game of chicken because in a split second you could spend the two bars for drev or have the two bars beat off of you

L let's say he delays a lk and you hesitate. Now you're in the shyt and it's too late to assess so you see your two bars gone that fast. Do you drev then? Well now you've lost 4 bars just as fast.

What if he baits the drev? What if he's lots to throw loop instead?

What if...

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

What if he baits the drev? What if he's lots to throw loop instead?

I'm honestly not a fan of offense like this and I'm a marvel player.

Its a prevalent thing in games today where the game essentially devolves into "whoever gets their rocks off first" by giving the attacked 1085 ways to open you up and then on defense you have the options of block, mash, reversal, or pray.

Its nasty work, makes shyt feel auto pilot asf.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm honestly not a fan of offense like this and I'm a marvel player.

Its a prevalent thing in games today where the game essentially devolves into "whoever gets their rocks off first" by giving the attacked 1085 ways to open you up and then on defense you have the options of block, mash, reversal, or pray.

Its nasty work, makes shyt feel auto pilot asf.
That's been the last decade of fgs but SF6 actively built the game around reducing autopilot. You still have parry and drive rush(carefully implemented)

And this is just a sign of the times. Because of social media and rapid acquisition games are gonna be more refined by higher numbers of people at faster rates. That's just the nature of optimization in games.

Offense is looking for an opening to manufacture momentum, defense is trying to prevent offense from doing so

All of the fgs coming out are trying to implement mechanics built around autopilot prevention, but it's just like cops and robbers. Criminals will always find new and efficient ways to get their shyt poppin:manny:

The situation I described in the last post is just the natural progression of all games. No different than basketball or boxing. Layers

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That's been the last decade of fgs but SF6 actively built the game around reducing autopilot. You still have parry and drive rush(carefully implemented)

And this is just a sign of the times. Because of social media and rapid acquisition games are gonna be more refined by higher numbers of people at faster rates. That's just the nature of optimization in games.

Offense is looking for an opening to manufacture momentum, defense is trying to prevent offense from doing so

All of the fgs coming out are trying to implement mechanics built around autopilot prevention, but it's just like cops and robbers. Criminals will always find new and efficient ways to get their shyt poppin:manny:

The situation I described in the last post is just the natural progression of all games. No different than basketball or boxing. Layers

At least now, offense is more of a commitment tho and/or are very mitigated to meter. A lot of the uncommitted offense of SF4 and the overly plus situations of SF5 are mostly quelled now due to such.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
At least now, offense is more of a commitment tho and/or are very mitigated to meter. A lot of the uncommitted offense of SF4 and the overly plus situations of SF5 are mostly quelled now due to such.

I prefer shyt like that instead of essentially playing chicken with the games today. sf5 was built around most shyt being negative too. strive as well.

It just leads to people robbing each other back and forth for their turn. Its why even at the highest level some matches be looking comically mashy

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I prefer shyt like that instead of essentially playing chicken with the games today. sf5 was built around most shyt being negative too. strive as well.

It just leads to people robbing each other back and forth for their turn. Its why even at the highest level some matches be looking comically mashy

Don't you mean built around being positive? Or you talking about just being negative two frames and always being safe.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I ain't played a fighter since Tekken 5 but I had to go ahead and cop this

I regret nothin :ehh:

shyt is fun even for someone as trash with it as i am

I'm doin classic controls and jesus christ the inputs take getting used to but the exhilaration of successfully inputtin in combo trial :wow:

I'm started off with this usain bolt ass neega dee jay and he lit

I saw this video of Sonic Fox getting packed up by a top tier Dee Jay and i was inspired :ohhh:

I ain't fully understand half the reads they were makin but innnshalla i'll comprehend it one day :mjlol:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
God bless that little perverted island :wow:

Video Title: Cammy's ass shaking ranking 10 selections! [ STREET FIGHTER 6 (Street Fighter 6)]
SNaEH6t.png