The Official Star Trek discussion thread.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Dreadnought Class USS Vengeance from Star Trek: Into Darkness was dope.

As for my super biased personal favorite?

The Defiant from Deep Space Nine :birdman:
The Vengeance is some alternate reality so I reject this deposit but the defiant if we just talking about war if I have to live on the ship also I want the Enterprise D since that shyt is like a city lol.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
The basis for the Picard-Trek seems to be super dope.

The events of the 2009 Star Trek movie are the basis of this series, when Romulus was destroyed in the Prime Universe and how Picard is dealing with it. So much shyt at play here with the dissolution of the Romulan Empire leaving a huge power vacuum in the Alpha Quadrant.

The Vengeance is some alternate reality so I reject this deposit but the defiant if we just talking about war if I have to live on the ship also I want the Enterprise D since that shyt is like a city lol.

That's why I like the Defiant, it's because it was a warship.

And that's the point of the Enterprise D and all the ships in its class.... it was a basically a city full of space explorers traveling from planet to planet.

Voyager was a science vessel which happened to get lost, it holds a special place in my heart because it was the very first Trek series I watched from beginning to end.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's so weird that they are pumping out Trek content but it's behind a paywall. Like if you want to make a billion dollar franchise, you need as many eyeballs as possible. CBS AllAccess is not the way to do it.

Sucks too cause I had a cool idea for a Trek cartoon limited series about Carol and Yeoman Rand.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The basis for the Picard-Trek seems to be super dope.

The events of the 2009 Star Trek movie are the basis of this series, when Romulus was destroyed in the Prime Universe and how Picard is dealing with it. So much shyt at play here with the dissolution of the Romulan Empire leaving a huge power vacuum in the Alpha Quadrant.

That's why I like the Defiant, it's because it was a warship.

And that's the point of the Enterprise D and all the ships in its class.... it was a basically a city full of space explorers traveling from planet to planet.

Voyager was a science vessel which happened to get lost, it holds a special place in my heart because it was the very first Trek series I watched from beginning to end.
Sure Gene Rodenberry made that clear about the Enterprise D. The defiants purpose is a warship like you said they made that clear in the first episode.we saw the ship. I did not know that about the picard series but maybe I missed the news on it seemed like they weren't very clear on what was going on so it sounds like he is probably going to be an ambassador or something. I would like to see him still in starfleet.

Voyager was an interesting ship I am not sure it was a science ship but that is my major beef with voyager it was all over the place. It was a smaller ship that did not seem like it was made for\ long term exploration but somehow it was both extremely well armed and held up for long term exploration lol.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Sure Gene Rodenberry made that clear about the Enterprise D. The defiants purpose is a warship like you said they made that clear in the first episode.we saw the ship. I did not know that about the picard series but maybe I missed the news on it seemed like they weren't very clear on what was going on so it sounds like he is probably going to be an ambassador or something. I would like to see him still in starfleet.

Voyager was an interesting ship I am not sure it was a science ship but that is my major beef with voyager it was all over the place. It was a smaller ship that did not seem like it was made for\ long term exploration but somehow it was both extremely well armed and held up for long term exploration lol.

A whole bunch of news just dropped about the new Trek series today.

'Star Trek' Boss: Picard Leads "Radically Altered" Life in CBS All Access Series

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Lord Scion I know they said the other next generation era characters won't appear but I wish we could find out what the ds9/voy/tng crews are up to.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
@Lord Scion I know they said the other next generation era characters won't appear but I wish we could find out what the ds9/voy/tng crews are up to.

We'll probably find out about the TNG crew since this is a Picard based show after all... no way they can completely take them out the equation since they're so interconnected with Picard after all.

The VOY/DS9 casts are a different story.

I remember Harry Kim's actor being so completely dissatisfied with how Voyager ended, and besides that the only thing we know is that Janeway was promoted to Vice Admiral.

DS9 is even worse because what the fukk exactly happened to Captain Sisko? Dude is the hero of the Dominion War and he just fukked off to hang out with Bajoran gods and shyt. We know Worf returned to the Enterprise crew, Odo rejoined his people, Kira probably went back to Bajor etc... but what about Jake? Dude lost his father to some supernatrual bullshyt! He already lost his moms too, and his grandpops was in failing health:mjcry:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We'll probably find out about the TNG crew since this is a Picard based show after all... no way they can completely take them out the equation since they're so interconnected with Picard after all.

The VOY/DS9 casts are a different story.

I remember Harry Kim's actor being so completely dissatisfied with how Voyager ended, and besides that the only thing we know is that Janeway was promoted to Vice Admiral.

DS9 is even worse because what the fukk exactly happened to Captain Sisko? Dude is the hero of the Dominion War and he just fukked off to hang out with Bajoran gods and shyt. We know Worf returned to the Enterprise crew, Odo rejoined his people, Kira probably went back to Bajor etc... but what about Jake? Dude lost his father to some supernatrual bullshyt! He already lost his moms too, and his grandpops was in failing health:mjcry:
Yeah I would imagine Harry Kim as a captain Seven is probably in Starfleet or some sort of consultant. Tom and Belanna probably getting their daughter ready for starfleet academy.

Chakotay is probably a paleontologist on earth Janeway probably still works at starfleet command. I could see tuvok back on Vulcan or an adjutant for Janeway the doctor probably runs starfleet medical or maybe he wanted to join the command division and has a comission.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So Spock is dead in both universes.

I wonder if the loss of Romulus leads to a political“space race” to stabilize the universe and that’s what draws Picard back? Like when Russia fell and all its former territory was broken up?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Lord Scion to continue my earlier post I would imagine the Bajoran Militia gets absorbed into Starfleet and Kira becomes a Captain, Bashir probably joins Starfleet Intelligence, Nog is Kiras first officer, O'Brien probably still teaching on Earth, Sisko is back in corporeal form and has built his house on Bajor with his wife, Ezri probably out of Starfleet, Quark probably still runs the bar lol Odo an ambassador to either Bajor or the Federation..