The Official Star Trek discussion thread.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately that's about as good as it gets. Voyager was my least favorite of the series. IMO the series lacked character development for all but a handful of the cast. The writing could have been better as well.
I think I have said this in this thread or surely on this forum I was astonished how sloppy the Janeway writing was. She would directly contradict her beliefs from one episode to the next lol.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I think I have said this in this thread or surely on this forum I was astonished how sloppy the Janeway writing was. She would directly contradict her beliefs from one episode to the next lol.

For me it was Paris and Torres. I mean Torres hated herself all seven seasons (tough to watch). They also had bland characters in Chakotay and Tuvok. Kim also comes off as disappointing when you factor in how well DS9 handled Nog (from annoying brat to respectable LT.),

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For me it was Paris and Torres. I mean Torres hated herself all seven seasons (tough to watch). They also had bland characters in Chakotay and Tuvok. Kim also comes off as disappointing when you factor in how well DS9 handled Nog (from annoying brat to respectable LT.),
I actually liked Tuvok tbh but I hear you and I think I said this before also but they remixed the same story so many times either someone was trying to take over the ship or several or all of the crew members got misplaced then then everything was solved usually using the reset button.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I actually liked Tuvok tbh but I hear you and I think I said this before also but they remixed the same story so many times either someone was trying to take over the ship or several or all of the crew members got misplaced then then everything was solved usually using the reset button.

I agree about the story aspects/resolutions being rehashed. To be fair, I think the characters by themselves were okay. I just think the mix was bad. With Chakotay, Tuvok, and Seven you have three no-nonsense type characters with subdued personalities. The overall camaraderie just seemed missing.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree about the story aspects/resolutions being rehashed. To be fair, I think the characters by themselves were okay. I just think the mix was bad. With Chakotay, Tuvok, and Seven you have three no-nonsense type characters with subdued personalities. The overall camaraderie just seemed missing.
I believe it would have done better as a modern series because more chances would have been taken. I would have made it where so many of the starfleet crew died that the maquis had slightly higher numbers than starfleet and more of them had to be added on the senior staff. I would have then made it where janeway was more corrupted and more willing to compromise her principals because of these circumstances. I know that is not part of Genes vision but neither was ds9 so.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn. I’ll find a site soon.
Yeah i was wrong it actually still works lol. Someone was saying it was shut down but I just uninstalled it and tested it. It makes you install an app called aptoide then you install showbox. All 15 episodes are there.

Screenshot-20190101-213332.png

Screenshot-20190101-213353.png

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Yeah i was wrong it actually still works lol. Someone was saying it was shut down but I just uninstalled it and tested it. It makes you install an app called aptoide then you install showbox. All 15 episodes are there.

Screenshot-20190101-213332.png

Screenshot-20190101-213353.png

I got an Apple phone tho. I’ll find a good streaming site and then finish season one

I finished the Klingon story arc - it was frustrating (due to unfulfilled potential) but it’s not bad Star Trek. A reflection of our times and our embrace of violent ‘realism’ instead of utopian futurism that was the early to mid 1960s.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
According to Deadline the Star Trek 4 movie isn't happening:

SJ Clarkson (Marvel’s The Defenders, Jessica Jones) has been tapped to direct and executive produce HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel pilot from feature writer Jane Goldman and author/GOT co-executive producer George R.R. Martin.

I hear Clarkson was recruited by HBO for GOT after she recently became available. Earlier this year, Clarkson was the first female director to be tapped to direct a Star Trek movie when she was hired to helm the fourth feature in the current series. That project has since been shelved.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel HBO Pilot: SJ Clarkson To Direct; Naomi Ackie & 7 More Cast

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

SJ Clarkson (Marvel’s The Defenders, Jessica Jones) has been tapped to direct and executive produce HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel pilot from feature writer Jane Goldman and author/GOT co-executive producer George R.R. Martin.

I hear Clarkson was recruited by HBO for GOT after she recently became available. Earlier this year, Clarkson was the first female director to be tapped to direct a Star Trek movie when she was hired to helm the fourth feature in the current series. That project has since been shelved.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel HBO Pilot: SJ Clarkson To Direct; Naomi Ackie & 7 More Cast

:francis:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't know how to feel about this lol.