The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
used to love this guy from his Comedy Central Presents gig

I added him on facebook tho and he seems like a total conspiracy theorist wackjob now that shares those articles that everyone hates to see on their timeline

holy shyt, i'm his facebook friend too. and yea the sh1t he posts is :what:

his comedy central presents special though

:myman:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just booked an emcee gig for a roast, a 20 min spot at a festival and a mothers day show where ill open for my mom :dead:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
DeTgTqk.png

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sounds like you caught a fukking bad one :wow:

What happened breh :mjcry:

Not my crowd at all, new room, poor planning. Also, it just wasn't my night. Everybody says "it happens" but that just makes me feel worse about it. I'm not trippin to the point of "i dont wanna do dis no mo" but it's been so long since I've bombed that hard that it almost felt brand new.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not my crowd at all, new room, poor planning. Also, it just wasn't my night. Everybody says "it happens" but that just makes me feel worse about it. I'm not trippin to the point of "i dont wanna do dis no mo" but it's been so long since I've bombed that hard that it almost felt brand new.

Also, after reviewing the tape, i realize that i didn't establish at all. Makinh a connection to the audience is crucial and i failed at that. White audiences are sometime ok with it but black people almost always need a ("hey yall!" + look around at the venue. + so I'm a breh) type of format. Charlie murphy discusses this in his book. Establish!

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Also, after reviewing the tape, i realize that i didn't establish at all. Makinh a connection to the audience is crucial and i failed at that. White audiences are sometime ok with it but black people almost always need a ("hey yall!" + look around at the venue. + so I'm a breh) type of format. Charlie murphy discusses this in his book. Establish!

Some of my colleagues have told me I need to do a better job of establishing. You got some examples of how you world establish? And what's Charlie Murphy's book called.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Some of my colleagues have told me I need to do a better job of establishing. You got some examples of how you world establish? And what's Charlie Murphy's book called.
Off top i think it's this:

The Making of a Stand-Up Guy: Charlie Murphy ... - Amazon.com

To establish? Just say hello and point out things in the room atm. We get fooled by specials but if they not there to see u, THEY DONT KNOW YOU. Remember that. Say hello or what up, be cordial, say ya name and where u from. make jokes, obviously. But with no intro they don't give a fukk. Take every chance to be likeable even if ur material is blue or odd (like mine haha). Ease them in. Comedy ia purely about sales so SELL. SHAMELESSLY!

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Been recording for the whole year. Almost every Set. Time to sit down and cut the fat. Pretty sure im sittin on 30 solid. And ive gotten way better. It's not burning material if i can always go back to it!