The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I met him at a different mic and I invited him to my show. We had a hella low turnout because there was another open mic across town. He was sort of reluctant at first because there was barely anybody there. Then he got on stage and the few patrons (who were friends of the bartender) started heckling him almost incessantly with comments like "You're ears look like dikkS!" and "You look really fukking gaaay!".

He was like "This is the worst place I've ever been!"

So I yelled "You can always just get the fukk off the stage..."

Then he did almost 10 more minutes of angry shyt at this mic in a dive bar. I really hope that didn't put him off to vegas because the bartender and those people have since been essentially 86ed.
lmao

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last night me and my boy went to an "open stage" at a lesbian bar, just to see how it went. shyt was the best time of my life LOL

We were the only people doing comedy, everything else was drag queens, burlesque dancers or singers, my dude got booed and heckled which had me dying. I actually ended up having a pretty good set.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Some randpm thoughts from the most known unknown comic in vegas. :troll:

But seriously:

-open mics, I have outgrown you. Ive traded writing and hosting for unpaid stage time. I'm more than ready for clubs. Time to kiss that ass. It feel like starting over.

-I quit hosting/running one of the most popular mics in Vegas right now because of alcohol and white people. Take that how you want. It's a long story.

-I am not afraid but a lot of comics are. You will catch the beats so please don't cross me.

-white comics need to cease giving black comics advice past the first year. Offer support but y'all are not in the same game. Stop pretending.

-listen to everything and believe nothing.

-Jealous ones envy and you really are alone. You really fukking are.

-this isn't about being funny. Be the dd, let people crash on your couch, be the last one to leave and vice versa...almost no one will work this hard.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Filling my schedule. I already got 6 paid gigs booked up for Feb. Gonna give myself January to cook new material.

Watched Bill Burrs new special last night. I liked it a lot, but its got that same Burr problem where he just isn't really quotable. I laughed a lot but I can't really pull out a bit I loved because its so rant based

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
bombed at an almost all black room on the strip last night. open mic. i needed that.

but it wasn't all the way.

i need to get booed.

fukked up thing is a won a contest 90 minutes before i bombed. nobody is for everybody.

admittedly, i was off my game though. my style is sort of changing and i saw clearly last night which way i should be going.

fukk.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
#hackmas 12 days of terrible jokes on social media. Please join in on any and every network.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
4 days of non open mic time this week. Not sure if I've done this ever. Not worried, just excited to bring out the a-game more than once a week.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Assuming everyone is grindin. In la this week hit my inbox or twitter @slamdunkjesus. Fb, ello, tumblr are the same.

Happy 2015

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently this is just my thread, lately. I need mo gigs :mjcry:

:skip: :troll: :lolbron:
lol. I'm at a point where I deaded a lot of material i was doing a lot, and now I just hate allllll my jokes. Trying to make some moves though. Going to see Joey Diaz at the end of the month too.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Im going to try this this year brehsyall nikkas got me inspired :to:

I love stanf up and listen to at least skme form of standup whethrr it be an album before i sleep or a classic video during the day or even a podcast in the car

Gotta get my feet wet soon

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im going to try this this year brehsyall nikkas got me inspired :to:

I love stanf up and listen to at least skme form of standup whethrr it be an album before i sleep or a classic video during the day or even a podcast in the car

Gotta get my feet wet soon
Just go in knowing, the first few will probably go badly lol