The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holidays have killed my stage time too.

Ive been having the internal issue lately where I know I only get 5-10 minutes a week to work right now, so taking the chance on new material is hard because I want to kill every time out, but I don't want to fall in a rut

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
there has been a couple less mics here per week cause of the holidays but it hasnt hurt my stage time too much. A mic got cancelled this past week and some open micer found a place that would let us get on stage that same night but she didnt want to host so i hosted and it went pretty well. So well that in january Im gonna be hosting an open mic (or maybe showcase) at the same place. we get tuesdays in january for a test run and if it goes well it is gonna happen every week.

I realized this week that i hate performing in front of people i know, had some friends come out and see me, my set went pretty well but i was in my head the whole time thinking about the 4 people i knew in the crowd.

I also committed the cardinal comedy sin and invited a girl im trying to impress to see me perform this upcoming monday, :lupe:ill let you know how it goes

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
there has been a couple less mics here per week cause of the holidays but it hasnt hurt my stage time too much. A mic got cancelled this past week and some open micer found a place that would let us get on stage that same night but she didnt want to host so i hosted and it went pretty well. So well that in january Im gonna be hosting an open mic (or maybe showcase) at the same place. we get tuesdays in january for a test run and if it goes well it is gonna happen every week.

I realized this week that i hate performing in front of people i know, had some friends come out and see me, my set went pretty well but i was in my head the whole time thinking about the 4 people i knew in the crowd.

I also committed the cardinal comedy sin and invited a girl im trying to impress to see me perform this upcoming monday, :lupe:ill let you know how it goes

yeah i'm also not a fan of performing in front of friends, mostly because when they're in town we're drinking and i'm not on top of my game. congrats on the hosting gig, man. i hope that goes well for you. i want to host one myself and i need to start scouting locations or fill in for someone else.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
hit 2 mics last night and ended up doing about 60 minutes of stage time altogether. my mouth is tired as fukk.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
hit 2 mics last night and ended up doing about 60 minutes of stage time altogether. my mouth is tired as fukk.
damn, why do you get to do so much time?

i hit 2 mics last night and didnt do good at either of them :yeshrug:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
damn, why do you get to do so much time?

i hit 2 mics last night and didnt do good at either of them :yeshrug:

no one showed up to the first one. there were 3 comics and a crowd that kept fluctuating, so we kept doing our sets to keep them entertained and prove to the manager that we could run a show. hopefully i'll be hosting this show next month.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could listen to Skanks for the memories on a loop and still laugh every time

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
there are 2 inside planet hollywood that provide solid entertainment on the daily. are you just trying to watch or perform?
Im a big fan. Just to watch. Going in April. I am not a big fan of big arena comedians. Comedians are at there best in intimate settings. I appreciate the art.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Im a big fan. Just to watch. Going in April. I am not a big fan of big arena comedians. Comedians are at there best in intimate settings. I appreciate the art.

well there a some decent shows (it's vegas!), i'll find a list and PM u some details. if you're here and want to get into the nitty gritty, tho...:smugfavre: i can act as concierge via txt. i can get you some stage time at a couple of chill places if you want to try it out.