The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Gonna attempt just going up with no material planned for the first time. I'm always meticulous about knowing my set but this should be fun... or interesting at least

tell us how it goes? i do this alot. is it an open mic or a show :lupe?:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just a regular mic. I wouldn't put ppl paying money through that :laugh:

I've gotten it in networking lately though. Its opened a ton of doors I didn't even know were there before. My stage time finna multiply next year

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
performed at a showcase tonight, had a good set. had to go 2nd, i hate going early but it didnt mess with me too bad

Superstar
Daps
Finals of that standup tournament tonight. I'm going against a guy who brought a shytton of people last time, and of course none of my friends will show up.

Wish me luck, brehs.:shaq2:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finals of that standup tournament tonight. I'm going against a guy who brought a shytton of people last time, and of course none of my friends will show up.

Wish me luck, brehs.:shaq2:
This killed me at the comp I did. Murder the stage, breh

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
so this chick i've been grooving on has decided to flip the script and act disrespectful. now i'm going to have to talk about her on stage

at the place where she works.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wanna try to test myself and do a totally clean 5 on Weds. Dont even have the material, just gonna wing it

Superstar
Daps

I lost.

Oh well. I wouldn't have been able to feature at the club on the dates he wanted anyway. And everyone in town ends up featuring at this place sooner or later, so I'm good. I am secure in the knowledge that I was funnier than that bytch. He just brought more friends

The abbreviated 5 min set I'm running right now is consistently killing, and I'm coming up with new material that seems to be getting good responses, and will probably be even better once I polish it.

I'm in a good place creativity-wise.

Superstar
Daps
Let's talk about saves:

When you tell a joke that absolutely whiffs, what save do you tack on at the end? Sometimes, I use the the Mitch Hedberg line, "That joke was funnier than you reacted."

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I lost.

Oh well. I wouldn't have been able to feature at the club on the dates he wanted anyway. And everyone in town ends up featuring at this place sooner or later, so I'm good. I am secure in the knowledge that I was funnier than that bytch. He just brought more friends

The abbreviated 5 min set I'm running right now is consistently killing, and I'm coming up with new material that seems to be getting good responses, and will probably be even better once I polish it.

I'm in a good place creativity-wise.
reading this post made me cringe, youre probably some horrible hack, lmao @ every open micer in your town gets to feature. where the fukk do you live?

Superstar
Daps
reading this post made me cringe, youre probably some horrible hack, lmao @ every open micer in your town gets to feature. where the fukk do you live?

Lol, no! I live in a college town and the pool of dedicated open micers who have enough material to feature is really small. Some of us travel to larger nearby cities. This club does not feature us like, EVERY week. It usually has travelling comics. But eventually, everyone does. If that makes sense.

When I say everyone, I realistically mean everyone from a pool of people that doesn't get larger than like...ten-ish people?