The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I hate mufukkas that pull big cards and try to get slabbed prices for raw shyt ?

Nikkas with optic orange and purples trying to extort 800-1200 because theyre too afraid to send it to BGS/PSA trying to put all the risk on the buyer smh.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
We’ve got a couple of the same cards breh. I’ve got two of the same Kobe rookie cards as you showed at 34 seconds and a AI rookie card you showed at 44 seconds. Good collection breh

Two of my favorite ever :salute:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Whens the bubble gonna burst on this ?

Even during this pandemic i have noticed theres tons of money around and cards seem to be doing good business during a shut down of no sports.

I see some people trying to liquidate but also still alot of buyers spending ALOT,base cards selling for crazy numbers...Does the bubble burst sometime in the next year ?

I kinda want to re invest when it crashes so i can cop cards for much cheaper that i have wanted.My other line of thinking is if this whole thing crashes in the next year i too might try to liquidate and cash out...I dont want to be greedy and hold onto silver prizms/rare stuff today thinking they going to be worth 200% more next year only to have them be worthless and be left holding my dikk when i could sell off now for a reasonable return...

I debate this with myself alot right now with the economy tanking.When will it affect the hobby and values.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Whens the bubble gonna burst on this ?

Even during this pandemic i have noticed theres tons of money around and cards seem to be doing good business during a shut down of no sports.

I see some people trying to liquidate but also still alot of buyers spending ALOT,base cards selling for crazy numbers...Does the bubble burst sometime in the next year ?

I kinda want to re invest when it crashes so i can cop cards for much cheaper that i have wanted.My other line of thinking is if this whole thing crashes in the next year i too might try to liquidate and cash out...I dont want to be greedy and hold onto silver prizms/rare stuff today thinking they going to be worth 200% more next year only to have them be worthless and be left holding my dikk when i could sell off now for a reasonable return...

I debate this with myself alot right now with the economy tanking.When will it affect the hobby and values.
People keep asking this...I think this is the new normal for a while, especially the top dogs. New guys like Zion, Luka, even Giannis could tank at some point due to injuries or not winning a title but the established legends like MJ, LeBron, Kobe, Curry, Durant, etc. are gonna maintain and keep going higher, imo.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

What are YOU waiting for ?
Hard to believe this shyt is going to go on for another year.This hobby is so prone to speculation from online pumping its unbelievable.I wont deny i get caught up in it too but i would never spend 5 Gs on a base prizm card....I dont understand the mentailty in spending that money on that card,you cant honestly think ur gonna get the same value a year from now...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What are YOU waiting for ?
Hard to believe this shyt is going to go on for another year.This hobby is so prone to speculation from online pumping its unbelievable.I wont deny i get caught up in it too but i would never spend 5 Gs on a base prizm card....I dont understand the mentailty in spending that money on that card,you cant honestly think ur gonna get the same value a year from now...
That's not a base. That's a Silver. There were like 250 that year, I believe.

I'm putting a BIN up once that auction closes.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That's not a base. That's a Silver. There were like 250 that year, I believe.

I'm putting a BIN up once that auction closes.

You right i just saw the case real quick and didnt silver on it...its wild that i could imagine a base prizm selling for that right now :yeshrug:

I have noticed alot of 2012 prizm base cards are jumping...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It went from 51.00 to 1777.00 in 30 mins,1 bid smh....

I hate how ebay keeps the bidders details anonymous.

Last edited:

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
What up brehs.
Y’all did it. I’m back in the game...

are the 96-97 Kobe and Iverson rookie cards worth investing In? Or are they over produced?