The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You have auctions on Ebay whats ur handle ? I dont blame sellers for trying to get that when thats what theyre going for but you have to be dumb to buy a base card for that much,if i was gonna spend 1500.00 on a card a base prizm wouldnt be anywhere near my top 100 list...
Same as my s/n here. I sell from time to time but generally I just put up BINs with Best Offer. The problem is most people won't hit anything even when it's reasonably priced so at this point, I send most stuff to Probstein or PWCC to auction and deal with it. I get better percentages with them than selling on my own a lot of the time, plus as you know, they usually get higher prices.

I know you hate them but I'll list a positive for consigning through each.

Probstein: Generally really quick payouts. I'm talking within a couple days for the most part. They get your cards, put them up quickly and pay quickly, plus they deal with the hassles of returns (which is gonna be much less likely on graded cards through them or PWCC), etc.

PWCC: You can send them stuff to pay for auction winnings. There's only been a handful of times I've spent thousands out of pocket on a card but I've done it numerous times through their auctions and sent them cards to cover the cost. Besides some shilling shenanigans, I think that's the reason their auctions usually end the highest.

If base LeBrons are $1,300, which is the most ridiculous shyt I've ever seen with cards, a base Kawhi RC should be like $5K and Silvers should be $10K.

If the current auction for the Silver Curry goes over $2K, I'm selling mine.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Same as my s/n here. I sell from time to time but generally I just put up BINs with Best Offer. The problem is most people won't hit anything even when it's reasonably priced so at this point, I send most stuff to Probstein or PWCC to auction and deal with it. I get better percentages with them than selling on my own a lot of the time, plus as you know, they usually get higher prices.

I know you hate them but I'll list a positive for consigning through each.

Probstein: Generally really quick payouts. I'm talking within a couple days for the most part. They get your cards, put them up quickly and pay quickly, plus they deal with the hassles of returns (which is gonna be much less likely on graded cards through them or PWCC), etc.

PWCC: You can send them stuff to pay for auction winnings. There's only been a handful of times I've spent thousands out of pocket on a card but I've done it numerous times through their auctions and sent them cards to cover the cost. Besides some shilling shenanigans, I think that's the reason their auctions usually end the highest.

If base LeBrons are $1,300, which is the most ridiculous shyt I've ever seen with cards, a base Kawhi RC should be like $5K and Silvers should be $10K.

If the current auction for the Silver Curry goes over $2K, I'm selling mine.

The shilling and trimming BS is one of the reasons i dont deal with either of them but i alos hate the exhuberant shipping charges they have,and living in Toronto im already getting fukked on the currency exchange and duties,import costs thru the global shipping program i dont need another 45-50 USD shipping on top of it...

The shipping costs matter to me when im buying online..theres alot of sellers,dealers that are down with the 10 USD intl USPS shipping i will fukk with them all day everyday instead of paying 120 USD shipping on a 200.00 card...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Got email from PSA that they received my shipment! Was mailed out to them and received by their FedEx on March 15th.

Min Grade 10 for all 4 cards I sub'd. Lettuce pray

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Got email from PSA that they received my shipment! Was mailed out to them and received by their FedEx on March 15th.

Min Grade 10 for all 4 cards I sub'd. Lettuce pray

You send to them thru that dude on BO ?

Does PSA accept cards in top loaders ?

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The shilling and trimming BS is one of the reasons i dont deal with either of them but i alos hate the exhuberant shipping charges they have,and living in Toronto im already getting fukked on the currency exchange and duties,import costs thru the global shipping program i dont need another 45-50 USD shipping on top of it...

The shipping costs matter to me when im buying online..theres alot of sellers,dealers that are down with the 10 USD intl USPS shipping i will fukk with them all day everyday instead of paying 120 USD shipping on a 200.00 card...
That's outrageous. :picard:

Do you have to pay sales tax? I don't know if that applies to Canada on eBay. I'm in Washington state and we have one of the highest sales tax rates in the country. Absolutely kills me. I need to set up a mail forwarding service in Oregon. :snoop:

shyt, I'd forward stuff to you in Toronto if you wanted. :manny:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Miggs another reason I started sending stuff to consigners is because I was getting more and more "buyers" who wouldn't pay.

Wait a few days, no messages or anything from the winning bidder. I'd message them and get no response so I'd have to open an unpaid item case. Or I'd message and I'd get one of those, "I actually don't get paid until next Friday" messages on $50 cards. This happened on Best Offers too. That actually just happened a month ago when I put a Curry Topps PSA 10 up for BIN/BO. Dude (ebay id: aloha_ttm)
sent a couple offers and I accepted $1,100. No bullshyt, like two minutes later he sent a request to cancel through eBay. This was the message:

Sorry man gonna have to cancel. Just realized I was shorter on cash than i thought especially during these times. Would love to purchase this again later

It's such a fukking hassle.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
With things taking off left and right, I just bought a LeBron and Curry 2016-17 Studio "Sketch" card.

2016-17-panini-studio-stephen-curry_1_8db7a2a4e434148128b9c0f1afaafd77.jpg

s-l400.jpg

They're pretty rare and not too expensive at the moment (though they're rising).

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
@Regular_P Where do I go to get my shyt traded? I just got a rookie Kawhi and another Steph rookie card today.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
A few of us like @Codeine Fiend Dream Team @Flight @Get These Nets @thashiek @btd623 @dark_matter

Please check out my video and share it If you feel I know I got some heat but I never was into the industry. Mostly 1990-1999. I don’t know much about cards just players. Real basketball fan

We’ve got a couple of the same cards breh. I’ve got two of the same Kobe rookie cards as you showed at 34 seconds and a AI rookie card you showed at 44 seconds. Good collection breh