The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Ordered a Lebron & Doctor J 2008 jersey card the other day. Also got a Ja rookie jersey card from prizm.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
More hobby shenanigans all of these you tubers are pumping 90s inserts and hobby boxes....im buying what i want right now fukk all these "speculators"
It's fukking BASE cards now not even inserts or boxes.

PSA 10 2012 Prizm LeBrons are going for over $1,000. :mindblown: :dahell: :mjtf: :camby:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just bought two 2020 nfl prizm collegiate boxes at walmart

Got my first numbered card (well actually 2)

an auto of Larrell Murchison and an auto of leki fotu. Ones neon orange that is numbered to 149 and the other is a purple/green numbered to 199

also got a Joe Burrow RC thats going for $40 :ehh:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shai/Trae silver prizm i been waiting to see if prices will drop in the coming weeks....I have some nice cards from both but i dont have the silzer prizm for either...

Trae i got his Base optic,shock holo,panini status and hoops cards all PSA 10
Shai i got his base optic and SS prizm PSA 10 and contender auto raw.

Still need a biggie from both guys...im hesitant to pull the trigger now in case we start seeing some sellers get desperate in a month...

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Im also looking at Morant silver prizms...

@Regular_P

at 500-700.00 whats ur preference Trae or Morant.

I have seen about a dozen Trae silvers PSA 10 i have seen 0 Morant silvers PSA 10.

Every Ja i have seen is a BGS 9.5 and most of them are not gems cuz theres a centering issue.
I have always considered true BGS 9.5 gems to be all 9.5 subgrades or higher,i dont know if thats shared opinion.

If im paying 750.00 for one it has to be all 9.5 subgrades for me.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shai/Trae silver prizm i been waiting to see if prices will drop in the coming weeks....I have some nice cards from both but i dont have the silzer prizm for either...

Trae i got his Base optic,shock holo,panini status and hoops cards all PSA 10
Shai i got his base optic and SS prizm PSA 10 and contender auto raw.

Still need a biggie from both guys...im hesitant to pull the trigger now in case we start seeing some sellers get desperate in a month...

Im also looking at Morant silver prizms...

@Regular_P

at 500-700.00 whats ur preference Trae or Morant.

I have seen about a dozen Trae silvers PSA 10 i have seen 0 Morant silvers PSA 10.

Every Ja i have seen is a BGS 9.5 and most of them are not gems cuz theres a centering issue.
I have always considered true BGS 9.5 gems to be all 9.5 subgrades or higher,i dont know if thats shared opinion.

If im paying 750.00 for one it has to be all 9.5 subgrades for me.

The way card things have been going, today's prices are tomorrow's bargains. My instinct is the same as yours but I've been forcing myself to pull the trigger more often because prices just keep going up.

I wanted to buy a 2003 Upper Deck LeBron PSA 10 like a month or two ago and they were $400. Now they're $750+ and an auction just went for over $1,000. Kicking myself now...:snoop: If you really want a Trae, I say bite the bullet and get one now. No telling what the prices will look like in a few months. Things just explode out of the blue now.

Here's a Ja PSA 10 Silver for auction: 2019 Panini Prizm Silver #249 Ja Morant RC Gem Mint PSA 10 | eBay

Saw a couple BINs a little over $1,000. Prizm is a tougher grade this year. I agree with the all 9.5 subs being true gems. I've become a stickler for that as well, especially for cards that are a little more common.

Personally, I think Ja's a better player than Trae and more conducive to winning, plus he's a spectacular athlete. The thing with Trae though is he has monster stats. If the Hawks start winning next season, his prices will skyrocket. Between the two, Trae has more room to grow since Morant is already priced higher.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The way card things have been going, today's prices are tomorrow's bargains. My instinct is the same as yours but I've been forcing myself to pull the trigger more often because prices just keep going up.

I wanted to buy a 2003 Upper Deck LeBron PSA 10 like a month or two ago and they were $400. Now they're $750+ and an auction just went for over $1,000. Kicking myself now...:snoop: If you really want a Trae, I say bite the bullet and get one now. No telling what the prices will look like in a few months. Things just explode out of the blue now.

Here's a Ja PSA 10 Silver for auction: 2019 Panini Prizm Silver #249 Ja Morant RC Gem Mint PSA 10 | eBay

Saw a couple BINs a little over $1,000. Prizm is a tougher grade this year. I agree with the all 9.5 subs being true gems. I've become a stickler for that as well, especially for cards that are a little more common.

Personally, I think Ja's a better player than Trae and more conducive to winning, plus he's a spectacular athlete. The thing with Trae though is he has monster stats. If the Hawks start winning next season, his prices will skyrocket. Between the two, Trae has more room to grow since Morant is already priced higher.

IN terms of investment im undecided on whos better long term,yea i think Ja could turn out to be a better all around player but Trae could win multiple scorinmg titles and that would probably vault him in terms of the hobby...Even tho i see prices going up i still cant believe its going to continue which is why i havent pulled the trigger.I have the reverse scenario in my mind where i pay 800.00 today and its 450 next month when this shyt gets worse and people need to liquidate there collections...I cant believe the prices are gonna keep going up if the economy continues to bottom out...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

You mean the UD star rookies jawn ? I was looking at one a year ago when it was at 300.00 I should have pulled the trigger.I didnt cuz i was holding out for a Topps chrome and it never happened because the prices kept soaring,missed out on both.

I kick myself for alot of missed opportunites in the last year and a half

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Even his UD MVP RC prices are skyrocketing :picard:

What da fukk is going on ? These cards were going for 100.00 a few months ago Jeeezus!

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IN terms of investment im undecided on whos better long term,yea i think Ja could turn out to be a better all around player but Trae could win multiple scorinmg titles and that would probably vault him in terms of the hobby...Even tho i see prices going up i still cant believe its going to continue which is why i havent pulled the trigger.I have the reverse scenario in my mind where i pay 800.00 today and its 450 next month when this shyt gets worse and people need to liquidate there collections...I cant believe the prices are gonna keep going up if the economy continues to bottom out...

I think a lot of the new money that's been pouring into the hobby in the past couple years is mostly unaffected by the outbreak and that's why prices have maintained or increased even with this going on.

You mean the UD star rookies jawn ? I was looking at one a year ago when it was at 300.00 I should have pulled the trigger.I didnt cuz i was holding out for a Topps chrome and it never happened because the prices kept soaring,missed out on both.

I kick myself for alot of missed opportunites in the last year and a half

Yes, the Star Rookie one. It has a relatively low pop too. :snoop:

Even his UD MVP RC prices are skyrocketing :picard:

What da fukk is going on ? These cards were going for 100.00 a few months ago Jeeezus!

Breh, all his shyt is going through the roof (MJ too). I can't even wrap my mind around what's going on with his prices. :mindblown:

I put off buying a few of his rookies for so long and now everything is astronomical. :francis:

I guess that's what happens when base Zion Prizms are $6-700 when he's played ten games. :francis:

I'm trying to scoop up some of the remaining Kobes on my list before they really take off too.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Just got this:

49770644953_a44b981fa1_z.jpg

There's a raw MJ auction that's over $1,000 right now. :merchant:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
-2018 Trae silver prizm/optic holo
-2018 Shai silver prizm
-2019 Ja silver prizm/optic holo
-2007 KD topps finest refractor

those are my wants that im gonna knock down 1 by 1...

Its funny how the pop reports affect ur buying.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I can't believe PSA 10 Silver Prizm Zions are going for $3K and higher. :mindblown:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
-2018 Trae silver prizm/optic holo
-2018 Shai silver prizm
-2019 Ja silver prizm/optic holo
-2007 KD topps finest refractor

those are my wants that im gonna knock down 1 by 1...

Its funny how the pop reports affect ur buying.
Pop reports can be really useful to see what's next to get big. While everyone focuses on Chrome/Prizm, there's something out there more condition sensitive and rarer that's massively undervalued until people start to branch out.