The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Do yall think Fanatics take over will be more of the same or worse?

I think it will more of the same im hoping it would will be better...I would hope they cut down on the number of BS releases and parallels make them more exclusive and go back to on card autos for basketball...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Do yall think Fanatics take over will be more of the same or worse?
The same and/or worse. They bought in at the height of pandemic prices. I don't even know how they make their money back with the way things have been going.

It would help if they would make wax affordable again but I believe they are going all-in on breakers. That alone has killed hype in the hobby. Basic stuff like Topps, Topps Chrome, Prizm, Optic, etc. should be $50-150 a box.

Current wax prices do not reflect the singles market at all

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The same and/or worse. They bought in at the height of pandemic prices. I don't even know how they make their money back with the way things have been going.

It would help if they would make wax affordable again but I believe they are going all-in on breakers. That alone has killed hype in the hobby. Basic stuff like Topps, Topps Chrome, Prizm, Optic, etc. should be $50-150 a box.

Current wax prices do not reflect the singles market at all

I wish we could go back to prices 5-6 years ago,theres been no incentive to buy boxes for the last 3 years....and yea the economics of this shyt are ass backwards singles are stabilizing somewhat and yet the product is still inflated...how these breakers or even the big retailers make money in the current climate is beyond my understanding.Im dabbling in parallels on players from the last 2 years that i think have potential and i dont give a shyt about nothing else...I have copped some Jabari Smith/Scottie Barnes/Shaeden Sharpe/Evan Mobley numbered stuff and thats all im doing...no interest in any boxes maybe ever again...

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I remember buying a optic fast break box in Nov/Dec 2018 from one of the big guys in Cali forget the name for 75.00.

marleyg

drug
Daps
Reppin
coLT$, kAkALAk
front.jpg

Daps
I feel like a high-end Hip-Hop set would be really profitable. Lil Wayne, Jay Z, & Snoop’s Topps autos all do crazy numbers (minimum around $1.2K for a base auto), as does DMX’s Leaf auto (>$750)

UTbGlAg_d.webp

Imagine a set with Nas, Andre 3000, Eminem, 50, Lauryn, Rakim, Drake, Cube, Travis, Nicki, Kendrick, Missy, Dr. Dre, a Wu-Tang auto booklet, etc.

Cut signatures for fans of BIG, MF DOOM, Eazy E, Phife, Nate Dogg, ODB, Pun.

Migos, Lil Uzi, Lil Baby, & Kodak 1st autos are all dropping this week in Leaf Pop Century, it’ll be interesting to see how they do.