The Official SEGA Discussion Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Streets of Rage 4 Releasing on April 30th For All Platforms, Battle Mode Revealed

Publisher Dotemu has finally revealed when Streets of Rage 4 will release. You can take to the streets and beat up thugs this upcoming April 30th, and it will launch for all four platforms. In addition, Battle Mode has been announced. In Battle Mode, you pick from a selection of different characters and beat the tar out of your opponents, with up to 4 players being able to participate in the brawl.

Also advertised is pre-orders for the physical copies of the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions of the game, by Limited Run Games. These physical copies come with a steelbook, a reversible cover, and a custom clamshell case mimicking the design of a SEGA Genesis case.

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/04/17...-30th-for-all-platforms-battle-mode-revealed/

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
1k9L1zE.jpg

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Sega apparently set to have revolutionary news for first week of June and people are thinking it's a new console which I'm sure is out of the question.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Sega apparently set to have revolutionary news for first week of June and people are thinking it's a new console which I'm sure is out of the question.

A console? :mjlol:

That might be believable if they were dropping hit after hit after hit but they are letting their premier franchises flop and/or take negative press so I doubt they got the kind of capital or good will to pull that off. A retro console is the closest they'll probably be able to pull off.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

That might be believable if they were dropping hit after hit after hit but they are letting their premier franchises flop and/or take negative press so I doubt they got the kind of capital or good will to pull that off. A retro console is the closest they'll probably be able to pull off.

Yeah that's most likely the case. But I heard something about revolutionary like it was supposed to be ground breaking.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
What's this big announcement going to be :jbhmm:

I know it's not a console but what if it is, I know it's not but there is a part of me that really wants Sega back in the console game

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

Retro Dreamcast with a bunch of games :noah:, Sonic Adventure 3 :lupe:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What's this big announcement going to be :jbhmm:

I know it's not a console but what if it is, I know it's not but there is a part of me that really wants Sega back in the console game

it's day 1 for me if it ever was.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Retro Dreamcast with a bunch of games :noah:, Sonic Adventure 3 :lupe:

Sonic Adventure 3 on a retro system would be interesting :ohhh:

But I think it should be given justice as a full game release on a newer system. I think Sega is too afraid to allow Sonic Team to do it or anything like it because they are too inconsistent.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Sonic Adventure 3 on a retro system would be interesting :ohhh:

But I think it should be given justice as a full game release on a newer system. I think Sega is too afraid to allow Sonic Team to do it or anything like it because they are too inconsistent.

I mean they could finally make Sonic Adventure 3 on the new gen consoles. At the very least just do Adventure 2 in a modern engine with a better camera :noah:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
SEGA files patent for touch screen technology that learns from the player

It seems that people have been digging deeper into what SEGA’s big revolutionary tech news that is suppose to be announced during Famitsu’s June 4th issue. It seems a lot of people have been spreading rumors, one that gained traction was that SEGA would rebrand and release the ‘SEGA Series X’ (Xbox Series X) in Japan. Of course we got a confirmation that it isn’t true. There have also been rumors about SEGA finally bringing they’re full back catalogue in a ‘Microsoft Game Pass’ type service and even rumors of SEGA releasing a new console.

It looks like another thing it might be is a fully programmable touch screen controller if this patent is true. According to the abstract information:

“An information processing device includes: a controller that generates a game image of an object disposed in a virtual game space; and a touch panel that displays the game image. The touch panel detects an input of a user’s touch operation on the game image and outputs, to the controller, a detection signal indicating the detection of the input. The controller determines a contact surface area at an indicated position on the touch panel indicated by the user’s touch operation based on the detection signal. The controller determines, based on a size of the contact surface area, whether are first operation or a second operation has been inputted. The controller performs a first control related to the object in response to the first operation, and a second control related to the object when the second operation has been inputted.“

From what this looks like, it will be a sort of control scheme that can be updated and learn from the player. The idea would be that the ‘SEGA touch screen controller’ will pick up how far your hands can reach, where you like items to be clicked and sort of make it a universal thing making users jumping from game to game a lot easier? A few things to note, this filing isn’t that “new new” as it was filed in January 2020. Of course its still recent. Could this be SEGA’s huge revolutionary tech? We will be finding out in less than 48 hours. What do you think?

SEGA files patent for touch screen technology that learns from the player

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
SEGA announces Game Gear Micro handheld – Release date and price revealed!

Following the success of the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini, SEGA has announced that they are working on a Game Gear Micro handheld. The news came as part of SEGA’s 60th anniversary, in an interview between CEO Haruki Satomi and the new SEGA of Japan mascot Sega Shiro. The revealing interview, which is worth a read even with Google Translate, touches on fans speculating that the SEGA Saturn will somehow be revived (perhaps as a Mini plug-and-play console) but instead the plan is to release a Game Gear Micro!

No additional details are given, aside from a landing page, and according to Famitsu more details are coming at 13:00 Tokyo time today (so just in a couple of hours). Pre-orders will open soon after the reveal.

UPDATE: Twitter user NintenDaan discovered the teaser site’s featured image reveals the release date of October 6, 2020, a price of 4,980 Yen ($46 USD) and four color options for the console. So basically, hardcore SEGA fans are dropping $200.

SEGA announces Game Gear Micro handheld – Release date and price revealed!